Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am worried by the lack of opportunities afforded to what have been talented young players at academy and reserve team players in recent seasons. With Richardson and Fletcher clearly not good enough why wasn't jones given more of a chance, he was a much more effective passer of the ball than the ineffective and limited fletcher and the same can be said of the hugely impressive darren gibson who i fear may be allowed to leave while fergie persists with fletcher. Let's hope that talented young players like rossi, evans, campbell, pique are given a chance before throwing more money at transfers. We have had better youth and reserve teams than arsenal over recent years yet look at the chances their young players are given in comparison while the media talk them up. I hope fergie has a clear out in the summer, a la '95, and see us really fly next season. This may sound harsh considering the excellent season we're having, but it has been basically injury free so we haven't had to test are squad properly, when we have (southend, copenhagen) we have been found wanting. Keep the best players sent on loan this season at ot next season and watch them flourish!!!

After all, it is what Manchester United FC was built upon

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do agree.

Giving the youngs lads a chance is what they need to develop. SAF proved that he can take younsters and put them in the first team which results in them being world class.

Yeah it will be tough in the first few games but thats expected.

Dont forget though, It would be very difficult to compete with the likes of a £800m fantasy football team at Chelsea.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts