Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There we so many of us who couldn't make it to Moscow for the final. How did you spend the night?

At home with a few cans? In your local? Did you go down to OT and join in the celebrations?

I stayed local myself. My local boozer, which is a social club hired a 70in telly for the night, put on a bit of grub and kept the bar open most of the night long. Needless to say we drank and sang the night away after we literally won the lottery.

The best bit was the night got off to the perfect start. I live in Chorlton, Manchester and one of Manchester United's greatest legends has been making a film in and around the local area. The one and only Eric Cantona was in the club we were watching the match in. I got him to sign my United shirt, got a picture and shook his hand. He didn't stay long but it set the night up perfectly.

It was quite possibly one of the best days ever.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You met Cantona? nice one......what a night.

Watched it in a club with about 200 fans and it was the best night ever.
The drinks were flowing and the chants were a plenty.
I wont forget that night in hurry. The monster hangover and crippled throat
barely even bothered me the next day, cos I was still in heaven :)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Watched it at the MEN Arena. 1st goal, Terry miss and Anelka miss were all greeted with total mayhem

A night to remember

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Went straight to the pub after work and was so nervous I'd had 5 pints before the game had even kicked off.

The place was packed with United fans and everyone went nuts when Ronaldo scored. I was talking to someone when Chelsea scored so I didn't actually see the goal - just the replay.

I'd been stood up throughout the game but when Ronaldo missed his pen I slumped down on a nearby chair. I thought it was all over but nearly knocked a couple of lads over as I leapt out of my seat when Terry missed. When VDS saved the penalty my emotions got the better of me and, after cheering, I planted my face into the seat of the chair I'd just been slumped in and started sobbing. Ah, I'm just a big softie. :p :D

It's all a blank after that tbh - I haven't got a clue how I got home. :eek:

·
Registered
303 Posts
watched it on tele,but when we did the job ,my house and most of the houses in my street was empty,cause we were outside going nuts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts