Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think Danny Simpson is a good replacement for Gary,all he needs is encouragement and support from us.Also he is good going forward ans i think he is good defencively too/what do u think

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I think he is a great prospect but still has a lot to learn.

I've seen him play at left-back for the reserves and, obviously, he can play right-back too so he offers good defensive cover.

I was at the game v Everton before Christmas and Simpson had a nightmare - constantly giving the ball away, losing out in tackles, looking very nervous etc. As long as he learns from that experience then I think he has all the qualities to be the long-term replacement for Neville.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Danny has the pontential yes but there is no way i would choose him ahead of Brown.

In most of his appearance for us this season, mostly the team we play against doesnt really attack that much so his defending skill are very much limited ended up he going forward more to give extra cover. What i like most about him is his long shot, often they reached the target man. Who knows in future, given the right exposure & guidance, he will be the man to fill in that spot. I will be the most happiest if that happen cause i like him as a player what more he is manchester born.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
he's a very good and skilfull player..i think in the future he'll be the new Gary Neville to say it this way...i like that he's improoving, and i think him and pique will be the replacements in the future for Rio and Garry

·
Registered
303 Posts
Against Everton he was dreadful was glad when he was pulled of at half time, looked good going forward on sat but Newcastle were so demoralised at that point hard to judge how good his performance was i like him cause he's a local lad but im not sure if he is our answer to replacing Neville. Hopefully he will prove me wrong and become a star.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i like him, met him last year when i was at a sunderland match and hes a really sound lad, hope he makes it at united, realistically hes the only youth player we have at the moment who looks likely to play for us long run,,, which is worrying!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts