Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Working, School, University, College, Nothing?

How do you spend your days in the above?

Me, I went back into the Security business 5 months ago after spending 2 years setting up and running a friends business online shopping site. I work at a major confectionery manufacturer in the Midlands on a temp contract bringing in the vehicles, freight etc. When I leave this I hope to be going onto perm nights driving around a lot of the area, including South Wales on Security business.

S

·
0 Posts
Self employed, building and maintainence.

Qualified bricky, sparks and scaffolder,
and good all rounder.

Sub contracted to council, mainly covering
electrical work and emergency call outs to
care homes for the elderly.

Work mostly nights. Love it.

A few money making side-lines that
require very little work.

Zuco, tax man....keep off ! :p ;)

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Well then , I'm a student living in India... Just finished my 10th standard (or grade).... exams and awaiting results.... I will now study 11th .... For now I've got holidays till June....

·
23,699 Posts
Lol. Wanted to do a similar thread after being inspired by some candid sharings in K4T's what-job thread, although some job (singular, not plural) suggested naughtily should not be taken too seriously, K4T. Just in case...:eek: :D Seriously, thought it may help to promote a family concept in the forum.

I am a stockbroker by profession since 2000, and do my own trading/investments too. Working towards being a private investor.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
I'm the Sales Manager for a company selling EPOS equipment and consultancy mainly into the retail and hospitality industry (so stuff like touch screen tills, receipt printers, bar code scanners etc). We also do a bit of sales and marketing as well for various EPOS manufacturers/software vendors, companies in the travel industry and also one company that sells temperature monitoring systems into hospitals and food manufacturers.

I've been doing this for a couple of years now. Ever since I graduated from uni I've worked in sales jobs. I've sold car insurance, ERP consultancy, supply chain consultancy, CRM systems and a Royal Mail online address change notification service.

I guess I'm a bit of a Del Boy really. I'll sell a bit of this and a bit of that and by this time next year...;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
im a student at university (Edge Hill University) currently in my second year of a law degree.
oh the joy.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
am a student going to 10th grade after my summer hols(which will end in a few weeks).......and that is pretty much it.......

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Work for my dads business, managing certain things. Nothing too hard. I'm still a student as well. Probably go to Uni some day soon.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Im a fully qualified chef, work for myself arranging the food for private functions have done this for 2 yrs after spending 3 yrs at college and 1 at uni, pays very well and have fun doing it too

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
thats the best kind of job damian...one which you enjoy and also which pays well...;) i always wish for a job like that......i hope it comes true

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I work in a special needs school. There are 3 kids (2 10 yr olds and a 6 yr old) in my class.
They have severe learning difficulties but are fully mobile, very active,
very hyper and love to mess for the entire day :rolleyes: :p .
They are non-verbal so we use other forms of communication such as pictures
(Pecs) or sign for example. I get to do fun stuff like go to parks, play football,
paint, jump about on the bouncy castles, teach them how to swim and generally
have a laugh with them.
Was only supposed to do that for a week but 2 years later Im still there and
still loving my job. It can be very draining at times but the long holidays certainly
make up for it.:)
Id recommend this type of work to anyone, very rewarding and lots of fun and it
sure beats sitting at a desk all day ;)

·
23,699 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
I work in a special needs school. There are 3 kids (2 10 yr olds and a 6 yr old) in my class.
They have severe learning difficulties but are fully mobile, very active,
very hyper and love to mess for the entire day
They are non-verbal so we use other forms of communication such as pictures
(Pecs) or sign for example. I get to do fun stuff like go to parks, play football,
paint, jump about on the bouncy castles, teach them how to swim and generally
have a laugh with them.
Was only supposed to do that for a week but 2 years later Im still there and
still loving my job. It can be very draining at times but the long holidays certainly
make up for it.:)
Id recommend this type of work to anyone, very rewarding and lots of fun and it
sure beats sitting at a desk all day
So sweet of you, Jazz. Respect.... :)

This thread suddenly brightens up the day as more members revealed a bit more of themselves. :) :)

Z

·
0 Posts
I'm not telling you what I do because every member of the forum would turn against me :eek:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts