Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have all talked about buying a forward or a defender but what about a winger?

I was thinking about it and it seems that there are only a couple options. Ronaldo, Giggs, Nani and Park. Now, I realize that have players like Hargreaves that are versatile and can play outside mid but it still seems like a shady part of our squad. I also realize that we have been playing a lot of 4-3-3 apart from europe. Maybe this is why we could stray away from buying a winger.

But if we are playing a 4-4-2 or a 4-5-1 we surely need a winger dont we? We are seeing giggs age and we cant expect magic from him every game. Nani is young and sometimes immature :eek: and Park doesnt seem to have the class needed for a constant starting position but he has been brilliant in the last few games hes played.

What are you thoughts? Discuss please...

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
i'd love another winger, but i dont think this will be happening as much as we'd like one there are other areas which need strengthing more e.g rb and i the striker department i actually think if we got both of these and then a winger we'd be un-doubtably the best side in europe :)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drew9 said:
i'd love another winger, but i dont think this will be happening as much as we'd like one there are other areas which need strengthing more e.g rb and i the striker department i actually think if we got both of these and then a winger we'd be un-doubtably the best side in europe :)

Yes, that would be ideal a RB, Winger and a Forward. But we'd have to dish out over 60 million pounds for that. :eek: :rolleyes: :cool:

But thats nothing for Chelski... Heard they are going to bid 80 million pounds for Messi!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
What about an attacking CENTRAL midfielder? I would love to see us buy someone like that because Scholes isn't going to be around forever.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i understand where your coming from BUT our midfield has more depth than many teams at this level.

looking at our forwards/strikers....thats a different story. we are definitely undernourished

If you ask me i'd leave it.park, ronaldo, nani and giggs is enough and thats not even taking into account the versatility we have in other players such as fletcher, hargreaves,etc....

primary target in the summer has to be a forward(striker)

secondary is a defender (right back)

in my opinion any type of midfielder is at the bottom of the list.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah Fletcher is our other winger who can play on the right and I believe we should sell him and get another midfielder in addition to the striker and defender we need/should get...i believe we should get a new player in each position bar goalkeeping...unless we do sell someone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts