Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years we chased hargreaves thats along time to chase a squad player . I for one expected after a 2 year chase that owen would be the main man in our midfield but it has'nt happened . If we look at the facts he has had a rough time with injurys but its been 2-3 months since then . 18 Million is alot of money and at this present moment im not sure whether alex thinks he is up to the task . If we were to look back at the season I'd bet owen has been on the bench more than off it . Hargreaves was meant to be our blocker wall infront of the defence but many have questioned whether he has the control or the pace in his play to keep up with our slick passing .

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
hargreaves has not done as much as "predicted" due to the emergence of Anderson, who was not expected to do so for a while.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I think we've yet to seen the best of Hargreaves.

He wasn't the problem against Boro though. It was a Boro side who were up for the task and we never got going.

Look at both goals, they just went route 1. Just knocked it upfront and Alves did the rest.

We looked poor without Vidic. Rio didn't track Alves for the second goal and usually Vidic would have been there to clean up.

When Hargreaves came on he looked quite good on the right and maybe that's where he'll fit in. I have to say that Fergie should have started with Park on the left instead of Giggs.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RedForceRising said:

He wasn't the problem against Boro though. It was a Boro side who were up for the task and we never got going.

Look at both goals, they just went route 1. Just knocked it upfront and Alves did the rest.

We looked poor without Vidic. Rio didn't track Alves for the second goal and usually Vidic would have been there to clean up.

When Hargreaves came on he looked quite good on the right and maybe that's where he'll fit in. I have to say that Fergie should have started with Park on the left instead of Giggs.
I personally believe owens best position os down the right hand side he closes the angles down well i think wes should go in the centre and hargo in at full back

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
he has shown in some games that he is a great player but he has to be consistent....and that he has not been...and i dont care if a defensive mid has great pace or not....he just has to be good in defending....hargo is certainly that kind of player....he likes to get in between the ball and the striker and he is very brave....he is yet to show his full potential...hope he shows that soon...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
hargo will get more games in time, although now Im starting to think he can do a
good job at RB. he puts in a mean cross and his tackling and speed are top notch.
As somebody above said, you couldnt have predicted the emergence of Anderson.
Hargo has been unlucky with injuries and been bad with time keeping but coming
on as sub vs Roma and Boro shows what he can do as a player.
he will feature a fair bit between now and the end of the season so there is
still more to come. Ive been happy enough with him so far.
Next season will be his season ;-)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
RedForceRising said:

you know what. i disagree with you about rio not tracking alves. rio was a little infront challenging for the header(which he lost). brown lost his challenger. alves was rather near oshea. evra was following the offside line. it was oshea who played alves on, and despite being near alves, he didnt track alves run. you cant rio at all, he couldnt get back in time, while oshea just stood there and was guilty of ball watching. precisely the reason he was brought off for hargo. oshea was rubbish against boro. he disappeared for the first goal, failed to track for the 2nd. need i say more? oh ya, downing wasnt even in an offensive position on the left, our right, during the build up for the 2nd goal. what was oshea really doing huh? :mad:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nigelchin said:
you know what. i disagree with you about rio not tracking alves. rio was a little infront challenging for the header(which he lost). brown lost his challenger. alves was rather near oshea. evra was following the offside line. it was oshea who played alves on, and despite being near alves, he didnt track alves run. you cant rio at all, he couldnt get back in time, while oshea just stood there and was guilty of ball watching. precisely the reason he was brought off for hargo. oshea was rubbish against boro. he disappeared for the first goal, failed to track for the 2nd. need i say more? oh ya, downing wasnt even in an offensive position on the left, our right, during the build up for the 2nd goal. what was oshea really doing huh? :mad:
couldnt agree more mate o shea was terrible at centre half we must never play him there again he was all over the place no one was comfortable with him there. But it is off the point of the thread lol!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
remember it's only his first season here and I don't think he's even started back to back games... he came off the bench and was brilliant against Roma... he hasn't even had the chance to show his free skills because of ronaldo being incredible... but it will take some time and lets not forget that he was England's best player during the 2006 world cup... he just needs to stay healthy!!!!!!!!!

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
hargreaves aint that bad. i think he has performed against the big clubs and he gives us cham league exp players like anderson lack.

The boy will come good now he has this first season under his belt. The next will be when he truly shines for United in whatever position fergie sees him fit to play in

·
Registered
21 Posts
nigelchin said:
100% agree!!! when he plays at the back.. he is always out of radar.. and ferdinand has to do all the work... i think we should play brown at the center and hargraves on the right.. SELL Oshea plz!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Give Hargreaves some time... He wasn't playing well when he started off in England as well. But he slowly win the crowd over. At the moment I have to agree with many that he did perform very well as a right back...

Perhaps he wasn't playing frequently with frustrated him alot... It has to do with his discipline which SAF is warning him on... I believed that the money spent is worth it in time to come.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
In Hargo's 1st few games for us he was repeatedly voted MOTM on manutd.com. He's played in central midfield, on the right wing and at right back this season. He brings energy to the midfield, doesn't mind getting stuck into tackles, can cross very well from the right and he's not bad at taking free-kicks either! He just needs to be a bit more consistent with his performances and hopefuly avoid injuries and I think he can be a key player for us.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts