Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 2134 Posts

·
beautiful, dirty, rich...
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
there's a similar movie thread, so i thought id start one for the gamers...

over the last week ive started and finished COD4, yes i know im a couple of years late, but military shooters aren't really my thing... however, great game. far better than MW2...

also got myself upto 47/50 cheivo's on dj hero...

ive started and am about 4hrs into metro 2033... good little game

...and lastly i bought battlefield: bad company 2 today and am about 3hrs in... really, really like it.

·
HODOR!
7,033 Posts
Been switching between the 3 God of War games to finish off the remaining trophies I need.

Platted GOW1, need a single trophy on GOW3 and need 2 on GOW2.

And still nightly Fifa club games when I'm not out drinking.

·
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh yeah... also, i thought i'd pop Braid on just to let its magnificence flow through me again... and to my disgust i noticed that my save file was corrupted!!! it must have happened when migrating my data from my old 360 to my new 360...

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I completed Alan Wake the other day.

Now i'm about to revisit Fallout 3. The goty edition is installing right now. :)

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
It really is a black hole of time.

I actually have every achievement except the mothership ones which I didn't get around to. That's on another account though. I had a 'special' moment and thought I'd ditch my 3 year old xbl account but changed my mind after basically doing everything in FO3. :rolleyes:

·
Come at the king, You best not miss!
2,883 Posts
Battlefield BC2

just finished the single player campaign and it was fantastic..better than the CODMW2 single player

·
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Battlefield BC2

just finished the single player campaign and it was fantastic..better than the CODMW2 single player
i also finished BC2 today (after buying it yesterday), and yes it is a far better game than MW2... im just rounding up all the single player chievo's now. ive only got 2 left to get... be done tomorrow

then back to metro 2033

·
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Downloaded and completed the Signal dlc for Alan Wake yesterday.

Also, working my way through Braid.
james... my brother

do you know how rare it is to find another person that has played Braid

Braid is pure magnificence and beauty... if you pay attention to the story, and i really mean pay attention, when you finish it and it concludes, the depth in the narrative is just staggering... and at the end there are hidden books that give a semi alternative ending which is just very very bleek...

also, some of those jigsaw puzzle pieces will get F*CKIN RIDICULOUSLY HARD to get... and dont even get me started on the '8 stars' that are in the game

a bit of side info... the game was created by one single man called Jonathan Blow, who spent 3yrs and about £200,000 making it... upon release it wowed critics and was picking up awards for fun. to date over 600,000 downloads have been purchased and at roughly £8 a pop. whenever you here 'arcade' games discussed nowadays they are always measured against Braid as a benchmark. it just goes to proove that people ARE interested in creativity and inovation...

your going onto the DADDY of them all next jimbo... and thats a little game called 'Portal'... a game which i am very happy to say is the best game of the last decade

what you thinking of Braid so far?

ps. u got a gammertag

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
james... my brother

do you know how rare it is to find another person that has played Braid

Braid is pure magnificence and beauty... if you pay attention to the story, and i really mean pay attention, when you finish it and it concludes, the depth in the narrative is just staggering... and at the end there are hidden books that give a semi alternative ending which is just very very bleek...

also, some of those jigsaw puzzle pieces will get F*CKIN RIDICULOUSLY HARD to get... and dont even get me started on the '8 stars' that are in the game

a bit of side info... the game was created by one single man called Jonathan Blow, who spent 3yrs and about £200,000 making it... upon release it wowed critics and was picking up awards for fun. to date over 600,000 downloads have been purchased and at roughly £8 a pop. whenever you here 'arcade' games discussed nowadays they are always measured against Braid as a benchmark. it just goes to proove that people ARE interested in creativity and inovation...

your going onto the DADDY of them all next jimbo... and thats a little game called 'Portal'... a game which i am very happy to say is the best game of the last decade

what you thinking of Braid so far?

ps. u got a gammertag
I've got my own theory on the story, it's definitely much deeper than the shown text, the metaphors and alternative meanings so far leave it open to many different interpretations.

The artwork is beautiful and combined with the soundtrack it reminds me of LOTR. I also, agree about the puzzle pieces, some of them had me scratching my head for a moment. Figuring out how to get some of them gives a great sense of satisfaction though.

Overall: I love it.

btw, I already completed Portal, I still need to get round to the advanced levels though.

And my gamertag is Madvillain 89

Add me if you like.

·
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've got my own theory on the story, it's definitely much deeper than the shown text, the metaphors and alternative meanings so far leave it open to many different interpretations.

The artwork is beautiful and combined with the soundtrack it reminds me of LOTR. I also, agree about the puzzle pieces, some of them had me scratching my head for a moment. Figuring out how to get some of them gives a great sense of satisfaction though.

Overall: I love it.

btw, I already completed Portal, I still need to get round to the advanced levels though.

And my gamertag is Madvillain 89

Add me if you like.
did you get all 60 pieces without cheating... be honest

i didnt... i got to 57, then spent a whole week trying to get the remaining 3 and just couldnt... so youtube'd them. im not ashamed of that because getting 57 pieces is a staggering achievement in its own right. plus you cant actually beat it without getting all 60...

...did you know there are 8 hidden stars in the game?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
did you get all 60 pieces without cheating... be honest

i didnt... i got to 57, then spent a whole week trying to get the remaining 3 and just couldnt... so youtube'd them. im not ashamed of that because getting 57 pieces is a staggering achievement in its own right. plus you cant actually beat it without getting all 60...

...did you know there are 8 hidden stars in the game?
I've completed world's 2-5. Honestly I youtubed one level (not world). It was the level where you have to kill all the enemies for the door to open only this time in reverse.

As for the stars, yeah I read about them on wikipedia but I haven't seen any. I guess they're well hidden!

·
7,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've completed world's 2-5. Honestly I youtubed one level (not world). It was the level where you have to kill all the enemies for the door to open only this time in reverse.

As for the stars, yeah I read about them on wikipedia but I haven't seen any. I guess they're well hidden!
that screen your refering to in reverse, i did do myself, but my good it took me a few days of pure frustration! i remember it well...

as for the stars, if you type in 'braid stars' on youtube, the best video to watch is the 12min video... they're just INSANE

1 - 20 of 2134 Posts