Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is this guy's problem? Handball against Zenit, same again today, i think his stupidity in terms of needless things could cost us deerly, the lad is a quality player but lets himeslf, the team, the fans down with things like this.

Z

·
0 Posts
It was a natural instinctive reaction to stop the ball going into the net. Whilst it is obviously a stupid thing to do, many of us would have done the same thing.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i was in monaco for the super cup and his handball brought me nothing but laughter. was something to smile about and was a really impressive hand ball. so i paid all that money and went all that way and not once was let down by paul scholes. its a team effort and we wasnt good enough against zenit or fulham. cant blame him for instincts, he didnt want that ball in the net the same as you didnt or any red didnt

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
It wasn't as bad as James McFadden's for Scotland (though I can't find it) :p.

Or even Cuellar's for Rangers.

·
Registered
553 Posts
What a shit topic.

What is his problem? He insticitvely threw his hands in there air and got sent off, how can someone "have a shocker" when they play for 18mins and see Red for a foul like that? It's not like he two footed some **** is it.

Silly posts on this board today. I hate when we lose, but i hate it even more when i read shit on here like this.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
i was in monaco for the super cup and his handball brought me nothing but laughter. was something to smile about and was a really impressive hand ball. so i paid all that money and went all that way and not once was let down by paul scholes. its a team effort and we wasnt good enough against zenit or fulham. cant blame him for instincts, he didnt want that ball in the net the same as you didnt or any red didnt
fab reply mate -scholes instincts have won us far more than they have cost us . we all know he cant tackle for toffee . this will sound gay but i view our team like i view my mates ---i love the good stuff but when they muck up as they do i accept it for what it is . scholesy has earned the right to the odd bollock drop

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
i think whats wrong with scholesy is the colour of his hair:D no but seriously it was just a natural reaction to stop the ball going in if it had been saved and we went on to win the match 1-0 people would be praising him right now

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
What is this guy's problem? Handball against Zenit, same again today, i think his stupidity in terms of needless things could cost us deerly, the lad is a quality player but lets himeslf, the team, the fans down with things like this.
He didn't mean to, it was an automatic reaction, he put his hands up to stop the ball, but he didn't do it on purpose, if you want to blame someone, first blame Ji Sung Park for giving possesion away letting Fulham open up our defence, and really it was poor defending, but don't say this about Scholes, he didn't mean it.

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
it was an instinctive reaction. i know if he hadnt stuck his hands out and would have let the ball go in. we would have been in a better position than we ended up being . it ended up costing us the game but to be fair anyone else would have also done the same thing

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It was a complete instinctive accident which unfortuneately cost us the game , shit happens the whole team collectively are to blame , we could still have won when were down to ten men , in fact we played our best football after scholes departure

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
scholsey has been an absolute tremendous servant to utd ,one of the best yet i would not put him in my greatest team due to the amount of times he does needlesly costly stupid things {crazy tackles , silly handballs} he has always done them and it takes some shine from his brilliance in my book.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
stop criticising him.if you would compare the mistakes he has done, with the good things he did, i think it's something like 100 to ten. so stop all this nonsense. Every player has it's bad moments, and that was a normal instinct. I don't think if the ones who criticise him would have not done the same. You're telling me that y ou would have taken the ball in the face? realy doubt it.So stop this nonsense. This thread shouldn't have been made.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
What is Paul Scholes problem ? Nothing. Instead i think that what he has done is extremely normal, a natural reaction all of us would have done. He stopped a certain goal, and unfortunately created another one. But he did try, all of the people bragging here about this so called Scholesy`s problem, should need some review of his overall career since now.
Its only his dirty tackling which frustrates me, he had many situations like that of yesterday, and he is letting himself down every time. I wouldn't call that a problem, but just something that he needs to improve on, for his own sake. I saw the red card coming yesterday, with that first minute or so tackle .. It`s not a matter of disappointing the fans, but he is letting himself and the team down .. and he knows it. He can do with less strength when doing a tackle.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
The Zenit one he should take full responsibility for because that was doen for no reason and extremely deliberately. The one against Fulham however as said by other was instinctive and soemthign any one of us would have done.. He had the team in mind cause it was going in... but i'd rather it go in and leave it at that than concede a pen and lose a man

1 - 20 of 40 Posts