Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I seriously dont care if its instinct or if he is a legend,that is just total madness from someone who probably know football inside out what more having been in the game for this long. Not like we play well before he was send off thou but i seriously think we could do better with 11 players on the pitch. Just because it was his instinct he could be spared from getting half the blame the team gets? So Rooney should be spared too for showing his frustration and got send off then?:eek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
What I think is some our players have this fear of losing. The Super cup aside, maybe all this ******** talk of a quintuple is making our players nervous. So, they can't even accept being one (or two) goals down.

What Scholes did is the same to Vida vs Liverpool.

Why are the players so afraid of conceding?

Where is the United that scored 2 goals in 2 minutes vs Bayern?

Where is The United that won even though their best player missed a penalty in Moscow?

Where is the United that keeps grinding out results against compact defences?

Where is the United that remains calm even though trailing by one goal with ten minutes to go?

I want to see THAT United again.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
What is Paul Scholes problem ? Nothing. Instead i think that what he has done is extremely normal, a natural reaction all of us would have done. He stopped a certain goal, and unfortunately created another one. But he did try, all of the people bragging here about this so called Scholesy`s problem, should need some review of his overall career since now.
Its only his dirty tackling which frustrates me, he had many situations like that of yesterday, and he is letting himself down every time. I wouldn't call that a problem, but just something that he needs to improve on, for his own sake. I saw the red card coming yesterday, with that first minute or so tackle .. It`s not a matter of disappointing the fans, but he is letting himself and the team down .. and he knows it. He can do with less strength when doing a tackle.
hi roxi i find this post quite comical you say that scholes stopped a certain goal {pity he wasn't the keeper} but unfortunatley created another one :rofl: , the true crime was getting sent off and leaving utd a mountain to climb .
you then say you saw the red card coming yesterday and thats scholsey in a nutshell im afraid especially with his tackles you can see him getting wound up until he gets sent off , yes he does let himself down occassionly : you think its something he needs to improve on :D well he has been doing it for 15 years its a little late to point that out now.
all utd fans know the brilliance of scholsey he is a bit of a legend you know but he does get sent off from time to time mostly for stupid reckless incidents like yesterday , i hope scholes gets a chance to rectify his mistake and guide utd to the championship and knowing the ginger ninja i would put money on him doing so :specool:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
What is this guy's problem? Handball against Zenit, same again today, i think his stupidity in terms of needless things could cost us deerly, the lad is a quality player but lets himeslf, the team, the fans down with things like this.
Stupidity?

Is someone who attempts to salvage a result through
cheating stupid?

Guess Maradona's demented.

He's not stupid, conceding a penalty rather than a goal
is something most people would do and is not stupid at all.

·
Registered
7,534 Posts
Stupidity?

Is someone who attempts to salvage a result through
cheating stupid?

Guess Maradona's demented.

He's not stupid, conceding a penalty rather than a goal
is something most people would do and is not stupid at all.
agreed...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
In fact, if you made this thread about
Rooney and not Scholes you would have
had a good point.

Scholes' sending off was a risk that didn't
pay off, Rooney's was just the result of a moment
of frustration.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
scholes did what 99% of players would have done in his position , even though it probably cost us the game.
what you have to remember is most of the time he wins us the game , barca in the semi last year , i rest my case , after all he is only human

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
have u forgot his goal against barcelona what put us through to the champions league final which we won?

I will never forget that, or any other great moment he has provided us. I was just saying that it was a daft thing to do which is going to cost us for the villa game without his presence.

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I will never forget that, or any other great moment he has provided us. I was just saying that it was a daft thing to do which is going to cost us for the villa game without his presence.
People do daft things everyday, can't see why this has anything to do with his so called problem.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
In Fairness to Scholes was a good save
Yes it was and if VDS had saved the penalty we might even have been praising him.

As everyone has said it was an instinctive reaction. United players have done it before and they'll do it again. It's a shame it cost us the game on this occasion but that's life.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts

Anyone remember this?? :whistling:

Nice natured Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was once on the receiving end of a red card after committing an intentional foul on Newcastle’s Robert Lee.

As he walked towards the tunnel at Old Trafford, David Beckham ran over to give him a pat on the back. Solskjaer shrugged, “I had to do it,” he said.

Before that match, United had been top of the league for 6 months, but now, towards the end of April, we were losing our grip on the title. There were three matches remaining after this match and it was must win.

So what was Solskjaer thinking about??

United went a goal behind after eleven minutes before David Beckham levelled the score with his head before half time. 1-1 wasn’t good enough and United needed a win if they were going to fight off Arsenal to win the league. This team had lost to Arsenal just a week ago so we needed to ensure the same result.

Solskjaer was brought on with ten minutes to go, like usual, to try and win us the match. However, it wasn’t his attempts in front of the Newcastle goal that helped us that day.

With a couple of minutes left to play, United were determined to get that all important winning goal, and threw all their men forward. Beckham played a ball in to the box which was cleared faster than anticipated.

Rob Lee bombed after the ball, which would see him one on one with goalkeeper Raimond Van der Gouw and certainly confirming defeat and a titleless season.

Solskjaer caught up with Lee, swiping his leg out at the Newcastle player, tripping him, knowing he wouldn’t get his foot to the ball in time to stop a goal being scored.

He sacrificed himself for the sake of the team, which sums up his character entirely. Manchester United always came first to him.

Solskjaer walked off the field that day to a standing ovation of rapturous applause… and not for the last time either!

=================================================================
Only difference i see is his sacrificed at that time is not for nothing...while scholes red is more costly:eek:

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
LEAVE PAUL ALONE!!! :D

Sorry. :eek: Now that I have control of myself & my emotions...

Yes he can do things like that & the less said about his tackling the better. :rofl:

I just love the guy & will forgive him anything. Now leave him alone. :D

21 - 40 of 40 Posts