Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been impressed with Danny when he's played for us. I always thought he was a promising talent and one of the ones more likely to make it at United. I thought the loan move to Blackburn was a good thing because he'd be getting first team football every week, but he hasn't been playing much there at all.

In his absence, Rafael has stormed into the first team and showed us glimpses of what hes capable of. Wes Brown will surely be first choice when he returns from injury. And Gary Neville will also be head of him in the pecking order (unless he retires). Even Eckersley has played a few games for us this season.

It's looking increasingly unlikely that he'll make the grade at United, which is a shame because I had high hopes for him.

Where do we see him going from here? Can he make it at a Premiership club or is he only fit for the Championship?

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I know it was only one game but I feel that his 1st half performance in December 2007 against Everton could have cost him his United career. It was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a player in a United shirt. He gave the ball away every time he touched it, his first touch was non-existent and he was repeatedly caught out of position. Fergie took him off at half-time and I don't think he's played for United again since.

Even with Gary Neville's career coming to an end we still have Brown, Rafael, O'Shea and, at a push, Evans, Hargreaves and Fletcher who can play at right-back.

I see no future for Simpson at United. He showed glimpses of promise though so a Premier League side may take him on. However, I feel it is more likely that he will move to a Championship side pushing for promotion. I think he'll probably play in the Premier League again one day but he is not ready at the moment.

·
There is no Noxiousd, only ZUUL
16,031 Posts
I wanted him to be a success, but i have to think Rafael is by far the better player, especially attacking-wise...

And Eckersley looks like a good versatile fullback too, not to mention Wes still has a good few years left...

I reckon sold in summer to one of the clubs that survive relegation (hull etc)

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
I don't rate the boy at all, certainly not as a Manchester United player.

I'm sure he'll move on to a Championship team or newly promoted team and all the best to him.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i think he is going to go the way of many before him and end up doing a job for someone , probably in the championship , but no higher, you can never actually tell no matter how good players look in the reserves, academy etc- its when they're around the first team squad that it seems to separate the men from the boys.

·
Registered
4,462 Posts

Show him the door,

I havn't seen him too much to judge him but i know it's for his own good to leave us. Maybe a newly promoted team would be interested in him. I'd like to see how he got on in the Premiership.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
I don't think he will make the grade at United. We have many options at rb Neville, O' Shea, Brown, Rafeal, Hagreaves, Fletcher, Eckersley

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I know it was only one game but I feel that his 1st half performance in December 2007 against Everton could have cost him his United career. It was one of the worst performances I have ever seen from a player in a United shirt. He gave the ball away every time he touched it, his first touch was non-existent and he was repeatedly caught out of position. Fergie took him off at half-time and I don't think he's played for United again since.

Even with Gary Neville's career coming to an end we still have Brown, Rafael, O'Shea and, at a push, Evans, Hargreaves and Fletcher who can play at right-back.

I see no future for Simpson at United. He showed glimpses of promise though so a Premier League side may take him on. However, I feel it is more likely that he will move to a Championship side pushing for promotion. I think he'll probably play in the Premier League again one day but he is not ready at the moment.
I wanted him to be a success, but i have to think Rafael is by far the better player, especially attacking-wise...

And Eckersley looks like a good versatile fullback too, not to mention Wes still has a good few years left...

I reckon sold in summer to one of the clubs that survive relegation (hull etc)
What next for Danny Simpson?

The Conference.
I don't rate the boy at all, certainly not as a Manchester United player.

I'm sure he'll move on to a Championship team or newly promoted team and all the best to him.

Aw.... so so harsh.

Yes, he was horrible against Everton and if I remember correctly got subbed at half-time, but there was also the 4-0 against Wigan where he did well and even set=up a header for Rooney.

The guy has only played one game for Rovers since Allerdyce took over, so he probably isn't going to make it at the top anytime soon, but he still has potential.

I have a gut-feeling that Danny Simpson will prove himself to be a late-bloomer and go on to be a decent premiership-standard right back.

He just needs to get a lot of games under his belt to get rid of the nerves.

Physique-wise I think he has more chance of being a premier league right back than Eckersley for example, so United shouldn't be too quick to discard him.

As I said, I think he needs a year of two of regular football until he becomes decent Premier League standard, but potential-wise, I rate him higher than Eckersley.

Loan him out for a season and then re-assess. If he learns to play at LB too, he could be come a decent backup player. I think he wouldn't mind either.

Strikes me as the sort who would be a loyal servant of the club, even if he only gets 15 games a season.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I remember that one game where he came on against Wigan, he was quality but since then he bascially faded, never really threatened the first team. Got loaned out to Blackburn, and then meh. His contract is up this summer isn't it? IMO just let him go.

One of the teams that get promoted this year like Wolves will snap him up, more than likely. We have Brown, Rafael, Neville and O'Shea who can play as RB so no point of keeping him in the hope he may come good, as its not going to happen.

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
The game against Wigan I was impressed, but that was against Wigan, who were crap at that time.

I was more impressed with Bardsley and Pique personally and they both failed to make it, so yeah. He'll probably end up in the lower leagues.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
I'm sure he'll go on to have a great career. In the MLS.
agreed but not at United.
He isnt a bad player but he isn't United class.
even Eckersley is better than him so he doesnt have a hope.
He will end up in the Championship. Lets hope we can get a few million for him.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
agreed but not at United.
He isnt a bad player but he isn't United class.
even Eckersley is better than him so he doesnt have a hope.
He will end up in the Championship. Lets hope we can get a few million for him.
Jazz can't read white text. :rofl::rofl:

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Aw.... so so harsh.

Yes, he was horrible against Everton and if I remember correctly got subbed at half-time, but there was also the 4-0 against Wigan where he did well and even set=up a header for Rooney.

The guy has only played one game for Rovers since Allerdyce took over, so he probably isn't going to make it at the top anytime soon, but he still has potential.

I have a gut-feeling that Danny Simpson will prove himself to be a late-bloomer and go on to be a decent premiership-standard right back.

He just needs to get a lot of games under his belt to get rid of the nerves.

Physique-wise I think he has more chance of being a premier league right back than Eckersley for example, so United shouldn't be too quick to discard him.

As I said, I think he needs a year of two of regular football until he becomes decent Premier League standard, but potential-wise, I rate him higher than Eckersley.

Loan him out for a season and then re-assess. If he learns to play at LB too, he could be come a decent backup player. I think he wouldn't mind either.

Strikes me as the sort who would be a loyal servant of the club, even if he only gets 15 games a season.
I agree.

I think we should keep him for a year or so. Obviously Rafael is superior, but Neville will only have a year or two at most left, and Brown is 30 now. If he can push on, he'd be useful back-up for the RB slot imo.

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
Ar.. I reckon he will be something of a long-term player for a lesser premiership team, perhaps not United. I just dont see him overtaking Rafael in the pecking order

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,917 Posts
I think he'll end up at osmewhere like Stoke if they stay up or wolves etc, a low prem to top champ club. He wont stay not when we have Neville Brown Rafael Oshea all capable of playing there better than him

1 - 20 of 20 Posts