Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably going to show who is been around the longest, but what the heck.:D

I would have to say that when I was able to see football on "soccer made in germany" or tapes (BETA) of the english league. BEST, to me was amazing in dribble and finishing some nasty wet games.But the one goal that really made me go wow was klaus fischers bicycle goal for schalke 04 back in the 70's. that goal
gave me the most inspiration to continue playing for years.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
probably jesus arellano from mexico, I was six years old and he was my favorite player ( altough he played in chivas guadalajara), I remember I used to play with my brothers but one day I sat down and saw him fly down the wing and stand amazed at his speed.

Z

·
0 Posts
Probably Andrei Kanchelskis for me. Brilliant winger
who had me buzzing everyime I watched him play.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
stevie coppell most likely fits bill when him an gordon hill were terrorising defences my real love began .... then he lost his hair and aged like he had some mystery ageing disease .

·
Registered
488 Posts
-zuco- said:
Probably Andrei Kanchelskis for me. Brilliant winger
who had me buzzing everyime I watched him play.
I agree... he was my favourite player when he was playing for United... I was young though... I remember with him and Giggs running riot at defenders. That time they are the most feared not forgeting Overmars of Arsenal. Seldom see any of such play often now... Lennon?
:)

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Mark Hughes - I used to pretend to be him in the playground :D

I just loved the way he'd volley it ferociously into the net or leap above defenders that were taller than him to head it into the goal. Thanks for the memories Sparky!

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Cantona, Keane, Giggs, Rooney made me more of a nut.. and a few random ones; Redondo, argentine formerly of Real Madrid, made Henning Berg look quite the fool, loved that trick!! Also loved Zidane, Vieri, Batistuta, Larsson, Luis Enrique

Actually David O'Leary and Packie Bonner would have a lot to do with my insane obsession of football.. 1990 WC is my 1st memory full stop!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
yangch0000 said:
i am young, so mine is rooney, that goal against arsenal, pure brilliance
your young, your age says 20 lol. surely you can pin yourself a bit further back than rooney lol.

anyways for me ryan giggs, goal against city when he crashed the roof of the net from a brilliant run. just when giggs was making a name for himself.

im not saying his the most influencial player to me but thats the moment a player made me go wow i love football haha

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Clarky101 said:
your young, your age says 20 lol. surely you can pin yourself a bit further back than rooney lol.

anyways for me ryan giggs, goal against city when he crashed the roof of the net from a brilliant run. just when giggs was making a name for himself.

im not saying his the most influencial player to me but thats the moment a player made me go wow i love football haha
i may be 20, but i dun start watching football until just before the 2002 world cup, and that is something i regret very much, so dun remind me of that anymore:mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts