Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is pretty darn hard to top this season.
League will still be the priority, not many teams had done a hattrick in premier league, although the last one was done by us. and i dun remember any recent success by any team to defend the european cup as well.
there will always be a first time, and we are the team to do it.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
3 in a row league titles. :D To win CL back to back is difficult but if we play well and reaches the later stages im pleased. Domestic cups, a visit to OT2 would be nice. Hopefully only the finals will be played there and not also the semi's.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
We cant expect to win these 2 trophies every single year. As long as we win
one of them a year, then it's been a successful year. Prem is the priority as usual,
and 3 in a row again would be great.
It's been 9 long years since the last CL, so we will have all the confidence in the
world going into next season....as the reigning champions.
The great thing about our squad is that we dont need to make panic buys
or buy in a shed load of players. A striker and maybe a defender (if Silvestre
and Pique leave) should suffice.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
although i do agree jazz, i dont think we should stand still like we seemd to do last time, if theres an oppertunity to make a sufficient signing such us benzema berbatov or who ever i think we still need to flex the muscles in the market because it's a sign of power and right now there isn't a more powerful club in the world so lets go out and prove it, also the club world cup will be interesting wont it next year, i've heard it will be in australia, it was a shambles last time but imagine if we won that we would be the true glbal icon, i've heard it's going to be in australia !

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Well yeah, as I said we should sign a striker, a top notch one at that.
Fergie never stands still. He always looks to improve the squad and bring
in some new faces to freshen things up. My point is that we dont need to go mad
signing loads of players. We are the Champions of Europe and have a very young
team. Just 1 or 2 signings should do nicely.

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
We cant expect to win these 2 trophies every single year. As long as we win
one of them a year, then it's been a successful year. Prem is the priority as usual,
and 3 in a row again would be great.
It's been 9 long years since the last CL, so we will have all the confidence in the
world going into next season....as the reigning champions.
The great thing about our squad is that we dont need to make panic buys
or buy in a shed load of players. A striker and maybe a defender (if Silvestre
and Pique leave) should suffice.
i agree
I have to say that since i joined the forum i have agreed with every post that i've seen from you :)

I Think next year is a massive 1 for us, if we win the CL then we are just 1 off liverpool, but at the same time we are so close to liverpools title record that i can smell it, just think, this time next year we could be the most succesful team in English football history!

like i said in the 'next season' thread, next season could be one of the most important seasons for us.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
At least 1 Major Trophy would do me. But with our squad, we can be serious contenders to defend our Crowns at home & Europe. We just need that 1 striker, the Final piece in our Jigsaw. We'll see more from Nani, Anderson & Tevez and even Manucho.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the Premier League should still be out main priority anything else is a bonus really.

Though I would like us to win the European Super Cup against Zenit in August as well.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
league title, and i really want the FA cup, having lost the previous 2 finals. and a good run in champions league.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I would say to match this season would be immense we have many more games next season to start with, (Charity Shield, Super Cup, World Club Championships)

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
urm08 said:
By united's high standards top 10 finish would be a bit of a disapointment...top 4 at the worst...
think that may have been a joke

as long as we get that crucial 40 point mark and have avoided relegation then anything else is a bonus :D :D :D

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
antdevil78 said:
think that may have been a joke

as long as we get that crucial 40 point mark and have avoided relegation then anything else is a bonus :D :D :D
course i was joking... think you're more to the point though mate!

UCL final win would be brilliant again, i don't i could ever possibly get bored of winning that competition it is so amazing!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts