Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the issue im moving in to a new flat for uni so im looking at different tv, phone and broadband package's to get

so my choices are:
BT vision
Sky plus
Virgin media
tiscili

so i just wondered if anyone could tell me on your experance of these and which ones you would recomend? im hopeing for soming with alot of sports im doing my research although its hard to tell from the internet so im asking you guys :p

any help will be very thankful

p.s. if this is in the wrong place or not really appropriate im very sorry mods ;)

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
i had sky (with sports), broadband, and phone (all with sky) £40 a month last year in my uni house.
but just remember that you are tied to a 12 month contract.make sure u get the money off your flatmates like i did

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
burnzy1987 said:
i had sky (with sports), broadband, and phone (all with sky) £40 a month last year in my uni house.
but just remember that you are tied to a 12 month contract.make sure u get the money off your flatmates like i did
oh yea thats not to much of a problem but was it any good? and cheers for the advice also

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
burnzy1987 said:
i think its quite good for what ya get if ya want sky sports
yeah im not 100% bout sky sports cuz i mean i can just walk to the pub or i know of the online streaming from china tv that u can get so im not sure if its needed :| its a tough one

S

·
0 Posts
andersons_left_foot said:
cheers very much mate its confusing trying to figure out what to get and how much to spend etc
You could always join up to the site ( no spam or owt from them)
and post your requirements on the forum and ask for any tips on
what is best for you.

It's a goldmine of info on there, on every thing.:)

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SALFORD RED said:
You could always join up to the site ( no spam or owt from them)
and post your requirements on the forum and ask for any tips on
what is best for you.

It's a goldmine of info on there, on every thing.:)

why thnks so much sal i think i mite just do that ;)

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I've got Sky, but we're looking to get Sky Plus.

If you get the whole package, you get a lot of channels for your money. Something for everyone, and Sky Sports is certainly the best you can get in Live Football.

However, if you get Virgin Media, you get free Setanta Sports. ;) Although Setanta isn't great imo. Of course the football is great, but Craig Burley's crap and biased, and Steve McManaman is so dull imo, though still better than Jamie Redknapp! :p

And on Sky, it tends to freeze a lot and generally goes funny, but I'm not sure whether thats just in my house or not.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
red lady said:
no ours goes weird sometimes too.especially if it's raining or a little bit windy.
That's the only problem with Sky - because it uses a satellite really bad weather affects the signal. My older brother lives near the coast where the weather can get pretty rough pretty often and he has missed quite a few games.

If you've got cable in your area you may want to consider that. That's Virgin media these days isn't it?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts