Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Breaking into the first team
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I doing a project on United, and am trying to collect some data, so please help.

The question: What United Goodies do you treat yourself to?

We all have shirts, mugs etc.

If you have a UNITED Shirt, please state the PLAYERS NAME on the back if possible...

This is quite good to discuss, plus it will help me.. lmao :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Well i have a mini fridge, footballs, dvd's annuals, the united comic, lots of posters, and at the moment i have this seasons Home & Away kit...

Home - Ronaldo 7
Away - Anderson 8

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I have the home and away t-shirt this season but I never have a players name or number on the back simply because I support the team and don't have any particular favourites. I've also got 2 scarves, a beanie and various t-shirts dating back to the 91/92 season.

As a One United member I have pens, badges, keyrings, bottle opener that chants 'United' and season reviews etc. I also have a Man United mug and pint glass I bought myself.

I've got 2 pennants hung up on my wall - one celebrating our Cup Winners Cup win in 1991 and another just from the 91/92 season. I also have a photo of the Man United v Pompey game from last season and photos of our league winners celebrations from last season on my wall.

I have kept match programmes dating back to 1990 and also have the official illustrated history of Man United, which is correct up until 2006. I also have books about/by George Best, Alex Ferguson, Keano, Rio and Rooney. I also have a book of famous quotes from people associated with Man United.

I have 3 videos - one a review of the 90/91 league season, one a mid-season review of the 93/94 season and the treble in 98/99. On DVD I have the season reviews from 02/03 until last season and the FA Cup Finals in 1994 (v Chelsea) and 1996 (v Liverpool).

Oh, and my older brother bought me a Man United calendar for Christmas. :D

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
As im younger than most here i have lots of stuff.
Obv have the home shirt with Tevez on the back, ive got all the annuals from 2000 +, a lamp :), curtains and bedding :p and even a beanbag of united !

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
I don't understand why people buy the shirt
and add someone elses name to the back of
it ... :confused:

I don't buy anything made by Nike, Adidas
and Reebok because of the child labour
issues - but that's another whole new story !!

I do have the United earings which I love :)

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=25095&cid=1817&tid=&bid=0&nav=

And the sygnet ring too ... :)

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=40051&cid=1817&tid=&bid=0&nav=

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
RVN Mug which has now faded :p

Loads of United shirts, from the mid 90's till present with Andy Cole and Keano on two of them.

United wall paper in my bedroom and a few books on United's history and present day United.

An account on a United fans forum ;)

·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
carlyluvsunited said:
I don't understand why people buy the shirt
and add someone elses name to the back of
it ... :confused:

I don't buy anything made by Nike, Adidas
and Reebok because of the child labour
issues - but that's another whole new story !!

I do have the United earings which I love :)

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=25095&cid=1817&tid=&bid=0&nav=

And the sygnet ring too ... :)

http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/products/product_details.aspx?pid=40051&cid=1817&tid=&bid=0&nav=

To have names on the back of the shirt- is fashionable... You become "one" with the other player :D lmao

And i totally agree about your other issue about child labour - The job has got to be done though. They SHOULD get payed Proper Wages and so on.. But thats another Story...

Z

·
0 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Nothing whatsoever since the words " FOOTBALL CLUB " were removed.

Agree totally with what Carly says about shirts.
Grown men wearing replica shirts with names/numbers on = Jesters/attention seekers.
Like fans wearing stupid United wigs, if you want to look like a clown...Join a circus.

Nike etc/ child labour ? Not even going there except just to say United have not
got a very good record in that department. ( the info is available for all to see).

**sidenote**....Paid is spelt.. P A I D ..not payed. ( wont look good if spelling is wrong on your project ). ;)

Z

·
0 Posts
When I bought my shirt they all had a name on the back :eek:

Having said that I probably would have had it printed on anyway.

I'm sad and proud :eek:

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
tons of books , mugs , shirts although last shirt bought had sharp on front . , mirror , stadium pictures , collector plates . jim jams for little un . dvds videos . two scarves from 92/3 season sports bags and last but not least edible posing pouch which is far too small not because im a linford but cause im a porker . i would also like to say i have a copy of the opus

·
Banned
4,946 Posts
CarlitoTevez said:

And i totally agree about your other issue about child labour - The job has got to
be done though. They SHOULD get payed Proper Wages and so on
Yes the job must be done by someone - but it is done by little children !!!

They are supposed to be the happiest days of your life as you grow up, learn and
develop - they don't have this - they work 16 hours a day these poor children
and for nearly no money at all !!!

I will NEVER wear Nike, Adidas or Reebok as long as I live ...

Anyone who does should be aware of these children's suffering - as you fall
asleep in your nice warm bed tonight then spare a thought for the little 6 year
old child who suffers daily trauma - so you can look "fashionable" :mad:

Shame on you !!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Ronaldo7 said:
Well i have a mini fridge, footballs, dvd's annuals, the united comic, lots of posters, and at the moment i have this seasons Home & Away kit...

Home - Ronaldo 7
Away - Anderson 8
A man United Mini fridge... Anyone see one of those? Would like to get one...
I have Home Ronaldo 7, Away Ronaldo 7...
Would like to have Both for Rooney as well.

Please let me know if anyone see a nice mini fridge... :)

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Barring the match ticket (and programme (force of habit!)) I get nothing official from United. Even more so since the takeover.

I admit that I did get a shirt last season, only becuase it was the 50 years one.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I guess I am the little kid that won't grow up - I have 11 jerseys (Cantona 2, Beckham, Keano 2, Giggs, Soskjaer, Ronny, Rooney, Tevez), 3 jackets and 2 hats.
Perhaps it isn't quite as embarassing wearing them in Canada?

Carly, I bow to your convictions...

But if you think too much about all the injustices in the world inflicted on humans, animals and the environment, you wouldn't eat most foods, wear most clothes, jewelry or scents, drive a car, take a plane...where do you draw the line?

I don't know...you are at least making a stand.

·
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
carlyluvsunited said:
Yes the job must be done by someone - but it is done by little children !!!

They are supposed to be the happiest days of your life as you grow up, learn and
develop - they don't have this - they work 16 hours a day these poor children
and for nearly no money at all !!!

I will NEVER wear Nike, Adidas or Reebok as long as I live ...

Anyone who does should be aware of these children's suffering - as you fall
asleep in your nice warm bed tonight then spare a thought for the little 6 year
old child who suffers daily trauma - so you can look "fashionable" :mad:

Shame on you !!

Cmon Carly YOU know i didnt mean it like that :confused:

I am aware of what they do, and it is wrong- i admit. Im just see-ing both sides of the argument- as OTHER people may see it

1 - 20 of 33 Posts