Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have so many favourite moments right now i cannot decide easily on a favourite moment. I definitely enjoyed seeing Terry miss his penalty. I bet everyone did. So that's it for me the Terry miss and getting us back into it! :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
evening, lads!!!! I've just registered here just to say how happy i'm....
after nine years, we've done it again....
big hello to every fan of the greatest club in the world from velika kladusa, small town in bosnia...
there's a lot of supporters here, i'm one of them, and tonight i will sleep like a baby in my rooney's shirt... :)
('til six a.m., i need to go to work, celebration postponed 'til saturday... :)
)....

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
The entire thing was nuts! :D I don't know about the rest of you but I never expected a match as exciting as that!

When Ronaldo scored and the commentator yelled goal, my dad was saying seriously? He didn't even see it go in!

That first goal came out of nowhere. I just remember the cross and then the ball was in the net. I didn't even celebrate I was just stunned into silence.

Then Cech made that great double save from Tevez and Carrick and I thought we were in control and going to win it.

I felt more sorry for Makelele than ever because true to form he seemed to be involved in every bone jarring tackle on the pitch.

Probably the greatest thing for me was watching Ronaldo show glimpses of brilliance against a big team in a big game.

He was a bit inconsistent, having brilliant touches then not getting too involved but whenever he had the ball he was skipping past Chelsea players.

That was great to see. Also It wouldn't be a United match without seeing Scholes get carded. Classic Scholesy.

If the first goal was out of the blue the second goal was even more random. I thought we were on cruise control then BAM!

1 - 1! What? Where in the name of all things sacred did Lamps come from? He was pretty quiet otherwise playing safe passes etc.

I was expecting a goal from Ballack who was the best on the night for Chelsea in my opinion so Lamps scoring was a bit of a shock.

Also what about the build up? Rooney saying he didn't know where Drogba's head was at.

The press predicting Drogba's wrath like the Liverpool Chelsea game where Rafa riled up Drogba and he destroyed the Scouser's.

Man Drogba's wrath was terrible to behold. :D He was so angry he didn't do anything for the entire first half!

Second half was a different story. The first half was United. The second half was Chelsea. Frankly they probably should have won it.

I knew we'd win it but I think it was the football gods smiling down on us. Chelsea hit the post twice in open play and once in the shootout.

Somebody up there hates them. :) Drogba suddenly remembers hes a striker and almost scores out of nothing.

What was it with that match where goals and chances just materialized out of nothing? Drogba smacks the post.

Lamps shaves the underside of the crossbar. Terry crumbles like swiss cheese and whacks the woodwork. Couldn't keep his footing. Poor fella. ;)

I mean thinking back on it all Chelsea had to do was take their chances and they had plenty but after Lamps effort they couldn't buy a goal.

I've got more to write but I'll stick it in a second post. Need more emoticons.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts