Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
sir bobby looking well again and going up first . giggs getting his record cap and scoring the winner ! , ronaldo proving he can score in the big games and have a good game , tevez ran his heart out , vidic totally immense , scholes what a player . and poor john terry who had a fine game coming out on losing side

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
I said I'd make a second post and here it is.

THE FIGHT!!! Now that's football! :D Man Tevez starts the entire Blues squad and somehow we end up Vidic Vs Terry.

It was the one fight every football fans been waiting for. Better than Man United fans Vs Roma fans. Better the Joey Barton Vs the Cops. :)

It was simultaneously good and bad to see the fight break up. I really was waiting for either Vidic or Terry to start WWIII.

Somehow it all cooled down then Drogba gets a red for slapping Vidic. Quite a girly slap too for a big guy.

Why'd he do it in a final? There was hardly anytime left either. Either way though I think Terry still would have been a penalty taker so it doesn't change much.

Oh and what about the cramping. Towards the end of the match it all began to look like a cheesy aerobic video.

All these blokes on the floor being massaged by anyone still standing. How many players cramped up during the game?

It must have been 3 degrees. The pitch was fine don't know what everyone was talking about prior to the match.

Oh and the substitutes. When Grant brought on Anelka I laughed. I just knew he was going to bottle it big time.

When SAF brought on Anderson I began to have heart palpitations. His shooting doesn't inspire me and with penalties looming...

The shootout. Now that was better than I'd dreamed it. When the shootout began I didn't expect Ronaldo to miss.

Once he began his run up though and he did that stuttering run up. I just went oh bugger. Bad penalty from him but forgiven. :p

I never in a million years expected Terry to be the one to crack. Maybe he just slipped but I think pressure played a part.

Which surprised me because he's one of the mentally toughest players around. Anelka I knew would stuff it.

He's an international striker and he went 7th after two defenders. He just wasn't confident.

Yeah, I should wrap things up, talking too much. :) Anderson's penalty was awesome. Never expected him to blast it.

It was his confidence under pressure that impressed me.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Without a doubt Ronaldo's first goal and then Van der Sar's penalty save. I actually saw him pointing and thought to myself "What is he trying to do?"....and then absolute pandemonium..... the next few minutes were spent in a daze of pure unbridled joy and ecstasy, jumping around, singing, hugging absolute strangers, hugging my colleague with whom I had watch all the major matches this season.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! FOOTBALL - THE BEST DRUG IN THE WORLD!

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
RedForceRising said:
Van der Sar's penalty save. I actually saw him pointing and thought to myself "What is he trying to do?"
Hah!:) I know I saw him doing that weird pointing thing too. My first reaction was to laugh, it looked so funny!:D

He had this weird look on his face and he kept pointing to his left with his wrist bent reminded me of that Egyptian Walk Dance.

You remember the one the Bangles did in Walk like an Egyptian?

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
A lot of people are mentioning Chelsea in this thread. Of course they will cry
and be disappointed etc....but the best bits HAVE to be United's moments.
There were plenty of them as well. I think we should lay off laughing at Chelsea.
They battled well and there was absolutely nothing in it. It could have easily been
them winning the trophy. Im still a bit in shock that they didnt win it in the end.
Let's celebrate United's moments in this final.......far more fitting on the 50th
anniversary of the Munich crash. Dignity in winning is important.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.