Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
A lot of people are mentioning Chelsea in this thread. Of course they will cry
and be disappointed etc....but the best bits HAVE to be United's moments.
There were plenty of them as well. I think we should lay off laughing at Chelsea.
They battled well and there was absolutely nothing in it. It could have easily been
them winning the trophy. Im still a bit in shock that they didnt win it in the end.
Let's celebrate United's moments in this final.......far more fitting on the 50th
anniversary of the Munich crash. Dignity in winning is important.
lay off chelsea ? are you serious !? from Avram's rants about influencing the ref to ballacks annoying mug of a face. from ashley cole's "little girl" temper tantrums to frank lampards lucky goal. and you want us to lay off chelsea !?

ur not a secret chelsea fan are you jazz ! :eek: :D

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Forever_United said:
lay off chelsea ? are you serious !? from Avram's rants about influencing the ref to ballacks annoying mug of a face. from ashley cole's "little girl" temper tantrums to frank lampards lucky goal. and you want us to lay off chelsea !?

ur not a secret chelsea fan are you jazz ! :eek: :D
I just think we shouls savour the victory for all the right reasons...
Who cares about Chelsea???
Lets focus on the things that United did right and well.
Its just people seem more concerned about berating Chelsea than
focusing on whats important.....

or maybe I'm going soft in my old age :D

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
moondog said:
The first half was brilliant until the last minute (aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh).

VDS save on anelka pen. :D :D :D :D

Has to be!

PS I said anelka would miss to a mate, I knew it.
Agreed.

I thought the same. Anelka wasn't confident looking, and if he was confident at taking a penalty in a shoot-out he would have taken one in the first 5.

But my highlight would be seeing Sir Bobby at the end of the game. That was fantastic. It really made be proud.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
I agree with Jazz. No point in laughin at them. They made it hard for us, they took us all the way to the end. It could have easily been them as the winners, had it not been for JT slipping and they could easily be laughin at us.
You don't have to like them, but they deserve respect.

·
Registered
675 Posts
NateR said:
I agree with Jazz. No point in laughin at them. They made it hard for us, they took us all the way to the end. It could have easily been them as the winners, had it not been for JT slipping and they could easily be laughin at us.
You don't have to like them, but they deserve respect.
forget respect. you think avram would have respected us if we lost. let me remind you about avram. instead of saying the better team won the prem he accused us of influencing the ref. you call that respect ? drogba slapping vidic last nite, respect? at the end of the day WE won the match. and as a united fan i want to rub it in a chelsea fans face for the next season.

some things deserve respect. chelsea's dives and temper tantrums do NOT deserve respect.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Exactly right about Anelka if he was confident he would have took one in the first 5 the fact that he didnt tells me that he wasnt atall confident this was shown in the way he looked walking up, placing the ball down and even running up to take it i knew he was going to miss it.

My fave moment was the 2 players and official of Terry, Giggs and the linesman all holding Vidic back when Drogba slapped him, I bet Drogba regretted that when he saw Vidic temper he would of killed him ha ha......... I also like the fact that.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G

·
My favourite moment was when Ronaldo finally
shut his critics up for good by scoring a brilliant
header in the biggest of all games. I hope they
will stop all this "Ronaldo isn't a big game player"
nonsense once and for all.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
we will respect chelsea, ever though they may not pay the same respect to us.
why go down to their standard? A club of their size, going into a champions league final is pretty wonderful for them.
we are the winners, and we will look at them from upstairs

·
Registered
298 Posts
-zuco- said:
My favourite moment was when Ronaldo finally
shut his critics up for good by scoring a brilliant
header in the biggest of all games. I hope they
will stop all this "Ronaldo isn't a big game player"
nonsense once and for all.
They probably now start whining because he missed the penalty.
I dont care if he's a "big game player" or not, for me he's the best player in the world.

Great game by VDS, he really made me proud but for me the most favourite moment is Terry missing his penalty :D

(and a crying Ballack ofcourse)

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
dlan4327 said:
Hah!:) I know I saw him doing that weird pointing thing too. My first reaction was to laugh, it looked so funny!:D

He had this weird look on his face and he kept pointing to his left with his wrist bent reminded me of that Egyptian Walk Dance.

You remember the one the Bangles did in Walk like an Egyptian?

Hahaha.... man..that is retro. But I like the bangles!

You gotta give credit to Edwin...he just totally psyched Anelka out - Brilliant!

·
Registered
376 Posts
I most enjoyed the first half when United looked like going 2-0 up . There were moments when I thought "we are going to romp this" , after the equaliser I didn't enjoy it as much. I kept wondering if we would regret not taking them out first half. Mind you the obvious moments were enjoyable . There was also a great moment when the lads are hugging VDS and Rooney runs off sideways to the left out of his head with joy -- look out for it , that was a moment and a half!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine has to been and i think will always be as JT stepped up to take his penalty my 8 year old son came over to me and sat on my knee and told me not to worry that we would win it next year!Class moment.

You can imagine our reaction when he slipped and missed!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
detinu said:
Mine has to been and i think will always be as JT stepped up to take his penalty my 8 year old son came over to me and sat on my knee and told me not to worry that we would win it next year!Class moment.

You can imagine our reaction when he slipped and missed!!!!!!!!

lol did your kid go flying across the room lol?
nice moment for you mate...

41 - 58 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.