Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
next summer january:

Goalkeeper replacment of vds: gordon of sunderland

dm(since scholes is getting older and owen always injured): witsel(standrad liege) or hamsik(napoli) or veloso(sporting)

lw: tosic(supposely he is coming) or sanchez(udinese)

and finally rw instead of roandlo(we know that one day he wil go) my choices are walcott(arsenal) and lennon (spurs

what do you think?

·
There's Only One Darren Fletcher!
11,978 Posts
I dont think the midfield signings are very necessary so I would rule out the DM option. If any winger is to be signed (assuming that Ronaldo leaves in the summer which seems unlikely now) I might go for Ashley young

Goalkeeper ? Very necessary? We have PIG and we have Benny but Ben'stoo injury prone ... I dont think we need to buy a a first-choice goalie, maybe a backup.

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
Gordon, are you joking ? We definitely need a keeper and probably a winger. But not to replace ronaldo coz he will be there for the next 5 years.
Hope our team next year is:

Given/Akinfeev

Rafael Rio Vida Evra

Carrick Scholes

Ronaldo Rooney Fabio(if as good as rafa) or else Ribery or young.

Berba/Tevez

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
tonnas said:
next summer january:

dm(since scholes is getting older and owen always injured): witsel(standrad liege) or hamsik(napoli) or veloso(sporting)

and finally rw instead of roandlo(we know that one day he wil go) my choices are walcott(arsenal) and lennon (spurs

what do you think?

only two things we need at the moent are a left winger and an out and out sttriker who stays upfield and puts the ball in the net!

in the summer i thinkwe need a new world class keeper!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Gordon, are you joking?
Why should he be? Gordon is a great keeper.

Anyway, for next summer I think we need;

Goalkeeper - Someone who can replace VDS as our no 1 (Frey or Neuer for me.)

Winger - Tosic in January (and if we need another winger, for whatever reasons, perhaps David Silva or Frank Ribery if they are a realistic price for us)

Striker - Either a quick, pacey striker [like an Eto'o] or a strong finisher who can hold up the ball [like a Ruud] (Would rather Manucho got a chance, but if not I don't know who we could get as we need someone who would be willing to challenge for a place like Solskjaer used to do.)

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
cantos red army said:
only two things we need at the moent are a left winger and an out and out sttriker who stays upfield and puts the ball in the net!

in the summer i thinkwe need a new world class keeper!
Yes, quality left winger is needed

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
tonnas said:
next summer january:

what do you think?

Some of these must be a joke ?

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:
There's a simple solution to that conundrum. ;)

buy football manger take over man city buy darron gibson for 10000000 million resign use that money to sign benzema ribery sergio ramos cassias and whoever takes your fancy?;) :p

know what your saying dont sign calos have to agree

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
cantos red army said:
buy football manger take over man city buy darron gibson for 10000000 million resign use that money to sign benzema ribery sergio ramos cassias and whoever takes your fancy?;) :p

know what your saying dont sign calos have to agree
The only reason I'd ever manage Man City in FM09 is to do a worse job than Sparky and get them relegated! :D

Nice players you named tjere by the way. Some of my faves too.
If we had Benzema, we wouldn't need Carlos....

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
A machine that creates healthy clones of the 2002-2003 Ruud Van Nistelrooy and maybe a 2001-2002 David Beckham, then Ronaldo can play on the left.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
RedForceRising said:
The only reason I'd ever manage Man City in FM09 is to do a worse job than Sparky and get them relegated! :D

Nice players you named tjere by the way. Some of my faves too.
If we had Benzema, we wouldn't need Carlos....

you woukdnt have to take oer them to send um down their doing that by themselvs :D :p !

ya could you imagine sergio ramos and evra at right and left back :eek: and then ribery and ronaldo playing down the flanks to deliver the ball into benzema tis a scary thought!

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Berbatov08 said:
Grdon walcott and lennon must be jokes but the others mmake sense.
I agree with Walcott and Lennon, but Gordon is a great keeper.

Sure there's better, but if we were to sign him I'd certainly have no complaints.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
I reckon we just need a goalie. Ljejic and Tosic are on their way,
we've got Rafael, Fabio and Evans as future defenders. We've got
Possebon, Hargreaves, Carrick, Scholes, Anderson and Fletcher to
choose from in midfield and we've got quite a few up and coming
good strikers. I'm just not sure about Kuszczak and Foster.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts