Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it have been a long time since we have produced a first team quality homegrown player (other than Wellbeck this year :rolleyes: )
and we buying a massive amounts of forign youth for our academy
i think in the last 2 years we have signed more than 14 U-18 forigners from Rafael Fabio to Richto la late and oztas hussen etc...

now with the massive amount of those players that would possibly break into the first team and have more chances than our homegrown talents

eventually our team will have less homegrowns and more foreigners and english players bough from other teams so what would the derbies and classic matches mean for the new breed players ?
what would the match versus liverpool mean for Fabio or what the derby city mean for Richto da late what would the 6th of february mean for the players ?

should we focus more on producing our english players ? and if you look at the currant english team you will find the Brown is the only english player who was a product of our academy

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
It will still mean as much to whoever wheres the red of united.They will be brought in and up with the history and passion at our club and the derby days ect will be massive.A club,regardless of foreign input doesnt lose its major rivals and the lads will know all about it.They will see what it means to everyone involved and be as passionate as we are.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
Maybe if there was actual quality coming from England, then it'd be a lot easier to get quality Englishmen. Doesn't make a difference in all honesty, only 39% of the EPL is English.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
piazza said:
Maybe if there was actual quality coming from England, then it'd be a lot easier to get quality Englishmen. Doesn't make a difference in all honesty, only 39% of the EPL is English.
yeah agree english players don't play good footie yeaaaaaaaaaahhh

Carrick Rooney JeoCole Lampard Gerrard James Ferdinand Terry and those ain't talents at all :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
We're just following the trend. Arsenal, United and Chelsea are always buying youngsters abroad. We probably should develop more homegrown talent, but sport just isn't emphasised in school anymore.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
yeah agree english players don't play good footie yeaaaaaaaaaahhh

Carrick Rooney JeoCole Lampard Gerrard James Ferdinand Terry and those ain't talents at all :rolleyes:
And how many of those players are young? You're talking about young players so am I. Jesus Christ man, think before you write, and quit looking for any excuse to jump on me.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
piazza said:
And how many of those players are young? You're talking about young players so am I. Jesus Christ man, think before you write, and quit looking for any excuse to jump on me.
Wallcot
Hart
Keiran Gibbs
Mark Randall
Ferdinand bro
Micah Richards
Onouhaha
Agbolahor
Ashley Young
Lennon
Bently
Michael Johnson
Daniel Stturidge
Baines
James Vaughhan
Dan Gosling

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
Wallcot
Hart can't get in the England side
Keiran Gibbs can't get in the England side
Mark Randall Can't get in the England side
Ferdinand bro garbage
Micah Richards the most overrated defender in the world
Onouhaha can't get into the England side ahead of Matt Upson ffs
Agbolahor can't get into the England side, but quality
Ashley Young quality
Lennon can't beat David Bentley for a starting job at Spurs
Bently garbage
Michael Johnson doesn't start at City
Daniel Stturidge doesn't start at City
Baines can't displace Wayne ******* Bridge,
James Vaughhan Doesn't start for a team that has 0 fit strikers.
Dan Gosling has done absolutely nothing.

:rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Keep em coming. No sweat.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
abojodeh said:
Wallcot
Hart
Keiran Gibbs
Mark Randall
Ferdinand bro
Micah Richards
Onouhaha
Agbolahor
Ashley Young
Lennon
Bently
Michael Johnson
Daniel Stturidge
Baines
James Vaughhan
Dan Gosling

bit too much football manager mate :eek: whens the last time vahugan played? also richards has been ***** this season and jihnson cant get in the city team my mate who follows spurs says lennon is crap and also citty were trying to get rid of onananananananhou(spelling:p)

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
piazza said:
Don't take this the wrong way but I think there's immense quality
coming from England right now. Look at Kevin Nolan and Steve Sidwell.

What are they? 10th best English central midfielders? They'd still get into
quite a lot of Starting 11s.

I think there's some real quality coming from England now.

We have 3 emerging goalkeepers; Scott Carson, Joe Hart and Ben Foster, one of which is bound to be decent.

Excellent defenders coming up like Micah Richards, Michael Mancienne and some good ones like Danny Simpson and Curties Davies.

Midfielders like Fabian Delph, Aaron Lennon, Ashley Young and Jack Wilshere.

Not to mention the enormous amount of promising strikers including Agbonlahor, Campbell, Welbeck and Vaughan. I think the future looks really promising for England right now without even mentioning our own promising players like Ravel Morrison and Nicholas Ajose.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
piazza said:
Literally the exact first thing that went through my head lol.
haha there all good in that but in fairness most or all them players he mentioned are shit or having a terriable season :p except in football manager ;)

tbh most English players are so over rated its not even funny!

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
PeeJay said:

We have 3 emerging goalkeepers; Scott Carson, Joe Hart and Ben Foster, one of which is bound to be decent.

Excellent defenders coming up like Micah Richards, Michael Mancienne and some good ones like Danny Simpson and Curties Davies.

Not to mention the enormous amount of promising strikers including Agbonlahor, Campbell, Welbeck and Vaughan. I think the future looks really promising for England right now without even mentioning our own promising players like Ravel Morrison and Nicholas Ajose.
that bit is a joke right :p

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
PeeJay said:

Agreed nothing against what your saying Piazza but this info coming from someone from one the crappest football nations in the world isnt serious is it :p

Im very patriotic and I believe England produce players good enough to win a world cup but they lack one thing the winning instinct but with the Premier league growing strong I believe our time is coming 2012

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
cantos red army said:
bit too much football manager mate :eek: whens the last time vahugan played? also richards has been ***** this season and jihnson cant get in the city team my mate who follows spurs says lennon is crap and also citty were trying to get rid of onananananananhou(spelling:p)
first of all i don't play football manager its a shit game for sore losers who go buying best rated players

second of all some/most if those players have been better than our mighty forigners nani anderson and co

third of all Johnson can't get in the formation of citty coz that ireland in his position and they both play in the same position and they can't play them both last season when the arabs didn't buy citty city used to play johnson allot and he was surprisingly great

Lennon isn't that bad actually i would prefer him over Nani as Lennon lacks end product but hes not selfish and he tops Nani in pace

and if players like Gosling Stturidge and Gabby are not good talents then am in a lovely world :)

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
PeeJay said:
Why do you have to answer him so scathingly?
He's only debating. He didn't insult your family
or threaten to stab you.
Funny coming from you, who was proven wrong by me on the 4-3-3 debate (so much so that I had 2 people add to my reputation) and for whatever reason decided to call me a Glazer-worshiper, I find that quite comical.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts