Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I didn't read all of abo's first post but I assume we're talking about why English players aren't breaking through?

If so, then why are people naming players who are decent and are in no way good enough to play for us?

If that topic of discussion is because it's gone off topic, then ignore me.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
abojodeh said:
first of all i don't play football manager its a shit game for sore losers who go buying best rated players

second of all some/most if those players have been better than our mighty forigners nani anderson and co

third of all Johnson can't get in the formation of citty coz that ireland in his position and they both play in the same position and they can't play them both last season when the arabs didn't buy citty city used to play johnson allot and he was surprisingly great

Lennon isn't that bad actually i would prefer him over Nani as Lennon lacks end product but hes not selfish and he tops Nani in pace

and if players like Gosling Stturidge and Gabby are not good talents then am in a lovely world :)
Sturridge has really impressed me this season, he's got a scary eye for a pass.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
PeeJay said:
To be fair I don't rate half of those players.
im not saying you should but we are producing young ENGLISH talent,and even if one a season makes it through,in time we are doing ten fold that of ALOT of sides.Villa seem to be holding the edge when it comes to young english lads,but TBH the English in EPL has gone,and im not sure it will return.Unless there is a massive overhaul of limits to foreign players (which i cant see due to money) then we will see an even bigger drop in english lads emerging to the prem.Its a shame but its how football has been changing.You only have to look at Englands lack of success on the international stage to see that a side full of english,doesnt cut it.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
the players i a mentioned are 23 or even less so why would they break into englands first team while england have some quality experienced players to play
not all talents should break into the first team of their nation :rolleyes:

so using the excuse "can't get into the first team of their nation" is meh :|
and about Sturridge he won't get a chance at city tho hes quality

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
red dave said:
Agreed nothing against what your saying Piazza but this info coming from someone from one the crappest football nations in the world isnt serious is it :p

Im very patriotic and I believe England produce players good enough to win a world cup but they lack one thing the winning instinct but with the Premier league growing strong I believe our time is coming 2012
We're 20th in the world and haven't missed out on a world cup since 1990. :confused: Unless you're kidding. But hey, we didn't make the Euros either. We made the quarters in 2002 and got screwed in the match against Germany, dominating them for large portions, and they ended up runners-up. I'm not saying we're as good as the English btw, I'm just saying that's a false statement you made.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
the players i a mentioned are 23 or even less so why would they break into englands first team while england have some quality experienced players to play
not all talents should break into the first team of their nation :rolleyes:

so using the excuse "can't get into the first team of their nation" is meh :|
and about Sturridge he won't get a chance at city tho hes quality
Fabregas, Ramos, Cazorla, Krkic, Rossi, Chileni, Aquilani.

All from the reigning European and World Champs. Krkic only sat out the Euros due to fatigue.

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
We're 20th in the world and haven't missed out on a world cup since 1990. :confused: Unless you're kidding. But hey, we didn't make the Euros either. We made the quarters in 2002 and got screwed in the match against Germany, dominating them for large portions, and they ended up runners-up. I'm not saying we're as good as the English btw, I'm just saying that's a false statement you made.

My team Wythenshawe town could qualify from your group of teams most are part time players!!!!!!!!!:eek:

And they go off your tournament qualification to get world rankings and you play teams from the carabean .

Mexico have been in the top 10 for years but have never won **** all!!

So it isnt a false statement

Republik of Ireland and Scotland are better than the USA

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
piazza said:

All from the reigning European and World Champs. Krkic only sat out the Euros due to fatigue.
Rooney Wallcot Richards are england regulars

and it comes on the weak confidence and the good choices of idiots to be england managers

if Errikson was still the manager most of the english youth would have been given a chance in the ntional team

btw this thread isn't about weather england have telants or not
its about why we have no many good english players in our academy and what will it be like when the players who are a product of our youth system are foreigners :rolleyes:

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
piazza said:

Chiellini and Aquilani are 25 this year, Chiellini's decent and Aquilani's excellent.

Bojan Krkic isn't a regular for Spain yet.

Rossi isn't a regular first team player, he's played twice for Italy and, personally,
I prefer Agbonlahor.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
abojodeh said:
:rolleyes:

am talking about english players

read before you post ;)
your still full of FM bull.....England are crap as an international side,the influence of english talent is pathetic in the EPL,therefore we will continue to have a majority foreign base. A guy on C4 news just said the EPL is no longer the ENGLISH PL its an INTERNATIONAL league that happens to be played in England....

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Rooneys_Temper said:
your still full of FM bull.....England are crap as an international side,the influence of english talent is pathetic in the EPL,therefore we will continue to have a majority foreign base. A guy on C4 news just said the EPL is no longer the ENGLISH PL its an INTERNATIONAL league that happens to be played in England....
FM bullshit :confused: :p

maybe england don't have the best talents but from the english youth that are produced atm we producing a very decent ones compared to the others

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
piazza said:
Funny coming from you, who was proven wrong by me on the 4-3-3 debate (so much so that I had 2 people add to my reputation) and for whatever reason decided to call me a Glazer-worshiper, I find that quite comical.
You've got problems son, why can't you just accept constructive criticism
and get on with it? I know life must be hard when you look like that but
jeez get on with it.

I've just one question for you; do you think people in Old Trafford
would like you or even be pleased by your presence or do you think
that they would just look at you and say "What the f is Alanis Morissette doing
here? Somebody kick her out."

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
piazza said:
It's true though that if, hypothetically, America had to qualify from a European group I doubt they'd see many tournaments.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts