Manchester United Talk banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
PeeJay said:
It's true though that if, hypothetically, America had to qualify from a European group I doubt they'd see many tournaments.

You should of quoted me people will understand better . His statement about Americas qualification stands about as solid as a wobbly jelly.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
your still full of FM bull.....England are crap as an international side,the influence of english talent is pathetic in the EPL,therefore we will continue to have a majority foreign base. A guy on C4 news just said the EPL is no longer the ENGLISH PL its an INTERNATIONAL league that happens to be played in England....

the english league is the finest in world football it has got one major flaw and that is allowing average foreign players a jolly good living instead of letting our own youngsters progress.the foreign players are taking over and they ain't any better than the british lads ,ok they have more technical ability but the language barrier can cause massive problems during games and many defences look stupid because they don't understand each other and the problem runs right through the english leagues.
its great to see jonny evans come through the ranks at utd he looks a very good prospect for utd , i am still undecided about wellbeck at the moment he seems leggy and weak ,when i saw a young whiteside and hughes they had a look of strength and power about them wellbeck looks a wimp in comparison but he really needs to impose himself more to catch the fans attention.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
sweet fa said:
the english league is the finest in world football it has got one major flaw and that is allowing average foreign players a jolly good living instead of letting our own youngsters progress.the foreign players are taking over and they ain't any better than the british lads ,ok they have more technical ability but the language barrier can cause massive problems during games and many defences look stupid because they don't understand each other and the problem runs right through the english leagues.
its great to see jonny evans come through the ranks at utd he looks a very good prospect for utd , i am still undecided about wellbeck at the moment he seems leggy and weak ,when i saw a young whiteside and hughes they had a look of strength and power about them wellbeck looks a wimp in comparison but he really needs to impose himself more to catch the fans attention.
At times we have a Brazilian,a Serb,An English and French covering a dutch keeper......12 clean sheets ect.Im sorry aswell but the majority of foriegn players are better than the majority of English lads .IMO.

·
Registered
553 Posts
abojodeh said:
yeah agree english players don't play good footie yeaaaaaaaaaahhh

Carrick Rooney JeoCole Lampard Gerrard James Ferdinand Terry and those ain't talents at all :rolleyes:
Are you serious?

3 of those players already play for our team. You are almost contradicting yourself, asking about Youth Team players, yet highlighting British talent by mentioning players we already have, even though they didn't come through the academy.

The rest are absolute quality and you could argue would all start for England when fit, so naming the England Squad to highlight England has talent (when we cant win **** all with England) is a bit pointless.

England produces less talent than other countries. It is almost fact, i wouldn't worry that we are not bringing players through the academy. When a player comes through that deserves a first team place, they will get it. We are an enormous club and people want to win. They wont bring through poor players and lose games to keep people like yourself happy.

·
www.InTheFreeRole.com
5,268 Posts
In England we aren't producing nearly enough players its a fact. Personally I blame the way we are all taught in our teams when we are young to not mess about with the ball and just get rid of it. We should be teaching players to look to a pass to someone into feet, to play real football. If sometimes it goes wrong who cares, its not about results at tha age its about developing skills, and thats what we lack.

Our young players generally are't nearly as good at passing and moving and other technical skills as many of our foreign counter parts. The foreign players thing can't help either but for me the problem starts much lower down, then maybe we wouldn't need to import so many young foreiners to do what our youngsters can't.

The fact that we are going mad over Agbonlohor, who is a tecnically poor, and I mean poor, player, but is just sh*t off a shovel for pace, says it all for me. When Spain have Bojan, Silva, Iniesta to name a few, France have Benzema, Nasri etc.

The sooner we realise this the better. Spains brilliant technical team, that Fabregas could barley make the starting line up, winning the Euros, and our hard workers who cannot pass and move could not even qualify for the competition, should have been a wake up call.

Action needs to be taken to make these changes lower down otherwise we are going to have problems.

Yes, all the imported players can't be helping the few that do have talent make the step up, but that is only the tip of the ice berg.

Before you say yes I know there are exceptions like Rooney, but in general what I have said is right.

Also I think we need to have a real look at how are academies are coaching players from the younger years. Until Welbeck and Evans came onto the scene this season, we haven't produced anybody capable of being world class since the Beckham/ Scholes era - 15 years ago. The only players to make the first team since then are Fletcher, O'Shea and Brown, and they are squad players at best. If you look at what Barcelona's academy have produced in that time, something is wrong.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
ive said it before and i'll say it again, english talent needs to be playing abroad or get into a youth system abroad from a young age.

English talent is not bad but its not great either apart from the few standouts ofcourse who are great but overall they lack in technical ability and that is a HUGE part of football and all the greatest players in the world are amazing technically...and showboaters . Problem here is, they're automatically called fancy dans etc so ppl are basically discouraged to try and be creative. Thats why they should play in a system abroad where the level of tactical knowledge and technique is far superior and itd help us alot.

Pretty much all english talent plays in england and thats not good imo.

When i was in germany for uni for one year, i played football with spanish/argentinian/french/german players etc instead of the brits i play with here and the amount of natural technique they had was amazing. I honestly came back so much better within just a year and was way better than my mates when i came back.

Im not basing my judgement off this but seriously, i'd love to see english talent go abroad and play...like MAJOR young talent. Some may fail, but those who succeed will compliment the brit talent playing here well imo.

Pz!

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
abojodeh said:
btw this thread isn't about weather england have telants or not
its about why we have no many good english players i
n our academy and what will it be like when the players who are a product of our youth system are foreigners :rolleyes:
My point is there aren't many English talents. Therefore, they're not likely to come out of our academy, on account of the sheer lack of them. Common sense is something you lack I see.

PeeJay said:
You've got problems son, why can't you just accept constructive criticism
and get on with it? I know life must be hard when you look like that but
jeez get on with it.

I've just one question for you; do you think people in Old Trafford
would like you or even be pleased by your presence or do you think
that they would just look at you and say "What the f is Alanis Morissette doing
here? Somebody kick her out."
There you go again, no one said a god damn thing to you, and you fling petty insults from behind your keyboard.

DISCLAIMER TO ALL MODS*** I AM IN NO WAY THREATENING THIS MAN IN MY FOLLOWING STATEMENT:

I normally don't wish ill will on people, I've met people from everywhere in the world, due to many family connections in international business, and foreign exchange student programs, and I've come to find out one thing; stereotypes are just plain false, and 99% of people from all across the world are fantastic people.

You however, can fall down a flight of stairs, and break both legs for all I care, If you were crippled in a car accident, and news of it reached me, I'd laugh my ass off, to the point of tears in all honesty.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Why don't we sign English players? Because there isn't a lot of quality English youngsters around.

Two great posts by United OG and Richie describes most of the problems that English football face.

Imo a part of the problem lies in the mentality of people. In England, work rate and physical traits of the player is valued more than his technical ability and tactical astuteness. It may be due to the physical, fast and furious nature of the EPL. Youngsters are encouraged to concentrate more on the physical side of the game than it's tactical or technical side.

While other top nations have players like Bojan, Pato, Aguero, Messi, Benzema etc England rave about players like Agbonlahor and Micah Richards. Both of them while being fine physical specimens, lack the technical and the tactical skills a top class full international should posses. Another example being Wright Philipps who has no technical skills whatsoever and fully relies on his pace to get past players.

How many players in England's current international setup strikes you as technically gifted? A few players such as Rooney, Joe Cole and Michael Carrick stands out for me. Then there is the English style of play beautifully illustrated by a picture posted by Rooneys Temper. I mean, could you imagine Emile Heskey playing for teams such as Brazil, Spain, Argentina, France etc? What a joke?

People say that the English league is full of foreigners. Ironically 99.9% of Englishmen play doesn't play outside of England. This has to change imo. Like United OG said, if English youngsters were to play outside of England, they would be exposed to a different playing style, one that focuses more on their tactical and technical ability.

Look at countries like Brazil, France, Argentina etc. They have players that play all around the globe. This gives them a great understanding of the different playing styles and makes them capable of adapting to each. These players do not rely on a single aspect of their game, instead they have the right mixture of physical, technical and tactical ability.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
The fact is that not only are senior english players overrated, but so are the young english players. This in my opinion is one of the weakest generations of english talent ever. another thing that falls into the equation is that alot of these young players get overhyped by computer games and the media itself that people think teams arent giving the young players a chance, but the fact is like I always said if a player is good enough he will play no matter the nationality.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I doubt we will see more English players playing abroad, it just wont happen. The English imo (and i'm one of them), are a little ignorant, but it is not our fault. Everyone else in the world wants (and needs) to speak our language, but a minute percentage of us bother to progress and learn other languages. I think this is a basic problem that would stop 14-18 year olds moving to Italy/Spain to play in the reserve teams for a while.

It's hard to explain what i mean!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
piazza said:
DISCLAIMER TO ALL MODS*** I AM IN NO WAY THREATENING THIS MAN IN MY FOLLOWING STATEMENT:

I normally don't wish ill will on people, I've met people from everywhere in the world, due to many family connections in international business, and foreign exchange student programs, and I've come to find out one thing; stereotypes are just plain false, and 99% of people from all across the world are fantastic people.

You however, can fall down a flight of stairs, and break both legs for all I care, If you were crippled in a car accident, and news of it reached me, I'd laugh my ass off, to the point of tears in all honesty.

Piazza has just made my day lmao!!!

This little war between you two is quality.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
At times we have a Brazilian,a Serb,An English and French covering a dutch keeper......12 clean sheets ect.Im sorry aswell but the majority of foriegn players are better than the majority of English lads .IMO.

i have not got a problem with top class foreign players playing in the english or british leagues its when you go to the smaller teams further down the leagues where you find really average and poor foreign players taking our youngsters place where they should learn their trade away from them and its totally wrong.
being british it is really uplifting to see a good prospect coming through the system especially if its at the club you support but it is happening far less these days because of the huge foreign influx that is damaging our game.

·
Member of the Year 2012 & 2013
43,914 Posts
I don't think that this will cause that many problems as we have many under 18's and talents yet to be discovered so although we'll have a foreign influence we'll still have a strong british squad - like we do now, and although we had a great youth team in Becks Giggs Scholes Neville etc teams like that dont come along every 5 years , every 15 or 20 if lucky.

So no i don't think this will cause many problems.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Ady87 said:
Are you serious?

3 of those players already play for our team. You are almost contradicting yourself, asking about Youth Team players, yet highlighting British talent by mentioning players we already have, even though they didn't come through the academy.
thats the point of the thread
from the small number of english talents we are the team that produce the least talents in the 90's we produced the english backbone from the nevilles becks to scholes

btw
ffs Some people don't read :rolleyes:

I have said that we only have one player in the english squad that is a product of our youth system

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
btw
ffs Some people don't read

I have said that we only have one player in the english squad that is a product of our youth system
Theres Wes Brown.....AND Beckham,he wasnt as young as Giggsy ect but was with us from 15,which is a youth,and was brought up through the youth system...

41 - 60 of 65 Posts