Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With january looming and City about to open the check book what players would you hate to make the move our horrible neighbours ?

For me I would say

Buffon ( like a brick wall)

Kaka ( needs a new challange)

Benzema ( world class )

and of course a little man called

MESSI !!

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Well Rooney, Ronaldo, Tevez, Carrick, Rio, Vidic and Evra going to City would be a nightmare from which I would never recover!!!

With City so close to the relegation zone at the moment I can't realistically see them getting any of the big names they are being linked with. However, I can see players like David Villa, Michael Owen, Emile Heskey, Roque Santa Cruz etc being tempted.

Although any signings they make in Jan will inevitably steer them clear of relegation, which is a nightmare in itself!

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
I think torres could potentially move ther in the summer if liverpools title challenge peters out in feb/march

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whatever happens it looks like its going to be a rollercoster ride over at eastlands .

Lets hope it works against them and they dont the correct balance of players !

·
Registered
542 Posts
messi.. hes a player than can change a team in an instant from being dead and boring to be alive and energetic.

my 2nd kaka due to his quality's sooo many not far from the threaT of messi

·
Registered
171 Posts
Well Juve said they wouldn't sell Buffon.... lets hope so then!
Messi would be the other big nightmare, but I wouldn't see him make a move either. He's been at Barca from an early age, and they helped him with his growth (literally in height) and in football.
But.....with Messi having regular work and treatment on his legs, he's not a player than can play every match of a season. I know alot of regular players don't do this either, but with his condition its harder for him!

Let City buy who they want.....i think it's pretty pathetic they can only pose a threat with the wallet open, and buying every great player there is. All these 'amazing' players may not all play well together, which is a big problem. Teams like United and Arsenal thrive on young talent and academies within the club...so let them buy...they might break the top four, but the nightmare will become more apparent once they buy United players (which shows where the real threat lies in them :D ) and dominate the game and ruin it for everyone with money!

·
Im not fat... im sex.
8,817 Posts
im not to sure if any of the BIG named players were talking about would really go to city.
fair play they got that robinhio but lets look at his situation, didnt like real anymore and was after chelski move for the money and city coming in with all that money was perfect for him
and lets face it he didnt even know where he'd moved to he said that in his first interview when he said 'im happy to be here at chelsea'

they mite get santa cruz and maybe owen but i cant see no mega signings spech not this jan atleast and we all know you cant buy your way anyway

so dont panic my friends

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
My worst nightmare would be to have the another summer like the one we just had 08. With an ego player having a dream and talking a lot of bull and getting the name on the contract of our only signing only minutes before transfer deadline.

This is even worse then if Al Ciddeh would sign the whole world or if the Fools would have a chance to win the league after Christmas.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts