Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dont really want to think this but say the worst case scenario happens on sunday and we slip to a defeat and Liverpool win do you think we will be leaving ourselves too much of a gap to catch ?

Just too note before I get abuse for a negative thread I am just trying to create a decent topic to speak about .

·
Arse Bandito
1,527 Posts
that scenario would leave 2 games in hand, with 10 points on liverpool.
i think we have to take the games in hand seriously, fulham are doing very well, and wigan aren't bad either, and make no bones about it, i would take the points any day of the week.
the experience of winning it counts for at least 3 points in my book, especially in the run in where every point is vital. i think liverpool can do ok until we face them. by then i expect them to be within 2 or 3 points, and if we have won our games, it will really turn up the heat.

today's outburst was the first crack appearing from benitez. i think more worrying would be the message a home loss would send out to other teams. old trafford is hard place to come, our league form shows that. i just hope chelsea don't come and win, encouraging more teams to have a go at us.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
marty davidson said:
Be bad for the confidence if we got beat
agreed i think we could still win the league but the most crippling thing would be the confidince and see how long it would go for!

tbh i think we will be fired up for this after the derby match( i know pracitlly noone from that team will be starting) but still really think the lads will be up for this!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I don't see us losing, but a draw would be almost as bad...frankly, if we don't take all three points, you could begin to question whether we deserve to win the title.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
moondog said:
I don't see us losing, but a draw would be almost as bad...frankly, if we don't take all three points, you could begin to question whether we deserve to win the title.
bit harsh to say that? but TBH we havent beating a single top 4 team this season and IMO thats what won us the league last year our results against them!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
cantos red army said:
bit harsh to say that? but TBH we havent beating a single top 4 team this season and IMO thats what won us the league last year our results against them!
Yeah, a bit harsh....****y mood today, got a frigging toothache!

If we do draw, I guess it depends on how we play. If we dominate a good margin of the the game and chelski nick a lucky one to tie....

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
moondog said:

If we do draw, I guess it depends on how we play. If we dominate a good margin of the the game and chelski nick a lucky one to tie....
hate that!you gonna be alright? gonna get it pulled or anything?

ya i agree its weird getting worried about chelskis away recored seen as it was there home recored for seasons! think that we should have enough to beat them as ong as we dont let boswinga forward so imo park should start this game to help that to track him back!

also hope berbatov plays well as im starting to think hes becomeing a major player for us! also hope ronaldo comes out of the sulk hes been having this season and starts to play well and concentrate on that! sure hes scored the oddd goal here and there our top league scorer but its not the ronaldo of old he would have been in nearly 15 goals by this stage last year! just hoe the form clicks again soon...we need him!

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
moondog said:

Id have to agree with moondog to be honest if we dont start beating the top 4 teams then it is starting to look bad.

Its a fact the champions are usually the team who win the most games out of the top 4 battles

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
red dave said:
Id have to agree with moondog to be honest if we dont start beating the top 4 teams then it is starting to look bad.

Its a fact the champions are usually the team who win the most games out of the top 4 battles
i siad that if you read my post ;) but think its far to early to say we wont win the league and all that! we have by far the easier run in of the top3(arseneal wont be near any of us) so im not going to be tooo botherd if we lose our draw plenty of time to win this league yet!

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
cantos red army said:
hate that!you gonna be alright? gonna get it pulled or anything?

also hope berbatov plays well as im starting to think hes becomeing a major player for us! also hope ronaldo comes out of the sulk hes been having this season and starts to play well and concentrate on that! sure hes scored the oddd goal here and there our top league scorer but its not the ronaldo of old he would have been in nearly 15 goals by this stage last year! just hoe the form clicks again soon...we need him!
I'm like a little kid when it comes to dentists...

I couldn't agree more. ;)

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
It's going to be a tough, very tough game. If we do lost and liverpool win than it will be much harder for us winning the title. Plain and simple

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
A defeat would be 0 points obviously. It wouldnt be ideal, but it still wouldnt jeapardise
our chances too much of winning the title.

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
A defeat would be 0 points obviously. It wouldnt be ideal, but it still wouldnt jeapardise
our chances too much of winning the title.
thats what ive been saying obviously it wont ruin our title chances in the long run but if you look at our record agaisnt the big teams last season i belive thats what won us the league tbh but if like arseneal who this seasonhave a great record against the big teams it doesnt matter very much if your lossing t the likes of stoke and man city and all that! 0 points wouldnt be disatser as theres a l;ong way to go in the season but if we wanna get into the lead and have the pressure off us than we need to win and start beating the big teams! rember we have all our hard away games over so we have the way easier run in so cmon lads keep the faith no matter what the result is tomoro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts