Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking a lot of after last night's game and was wondering what would hurt most? If we were eliminated by an inferior portugese team(only on paper), a semi-final elimination against the gunners, or even losing the final? The worst scenario would definately be to lose against Liverpool in the final:mad:. But due to last night's result, i don't think we'll have to suffer that result.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
odd thread...:confused:
Losing in this round would be a lot worse to losing in the next round.
but losing in the final to the Pool would be a real killer.:frown: I dont think Id ever live it down.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
judging the pool game, it aint gonna be a final with liverpool. i would always take a chelsea final over a Liverpool final. The consequences of defeat are too much.

Thought we had i tough having to win at Porto but for Scousers to have to win 3-0 at the Bridge is a virtual impossibility. I think we hurt barca last season by knocking them out and they wont make the same mistake. 4-0 against a good Munich side is making them look awesome.

But on our day we can beat anyone.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Losing in the final would always be the worst feeling no matter who we were playing imo, but if we were to play Liverpool that would be absolutely dreadful.

·
Banned
151 Posts
Losing in the final would always be the worst feeling no matter who we were playing imo, but if we were to play Liverpool that would be absolutely dreadful.
The view from Anfield is the same! It would be unbearable for either of us losing the final to each other but that goes to show the rivalry.
I think its inevitable in the end though!

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Don't worry people. Liverpool is out of this competition. And IMO Barcelona will be the team to face on the final if we qualify. Loosing to Porto would be painful. :( But we are still not out. We still can score 1-2 goals. Maybe this game could be the turning point. Who knows.....

As I like to say:
The hope is at the bottom of pandora's box :)

At least we have our hopes alive. What about looserpool....:wave1:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Thats been a couple of seasons where i have been worried about playing liverpool in a european final , i am glad the tie is nearly out of liverpools reach .
The scenario of united fans and liverpool fans and to have the ultras thrown into the mix would have terrible , no one could have relaxed and all english teams would have been banned from europe it would have been bloodshed and not for the faint hearted

·
Registered
566 Posts
if i know we will be losing, i'd prefer us to lose now rather than in the final as we can then concentrate better on our 18th title. if we went all the way to the final and lost, we might also lose our PL title too. however we wont win anything if we dont take risks.
WE'LL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE FINAL AND WIN IT!

·
Registered
31 Posts
History tells you that we will soon get over recent weeks & find our form, If I had to choose one more to win this year it would be the league! The thought of the scousers winning makes me feel physically sick!

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
Losing now would be worse than losing in the semis. DEFINTELY.

However, losing to the Gunners would suck big time..... not as much as Losing to Liverpool in a CL final though. My liverpool mates will beat me with that stick even when i"m 45...

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
i live in hope if we go out barca will win it , i dont want the coc#neys winning it either , that would hurt , its quite nice at the moment the coc#neys have no bragging rights

1 - 15 of 15 Posts