Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With fergie's latest statements how he's been thinking of a way to accomodate all 3 to play up front ( berba,tevez,rooney - of course ronaldo's undropable ) i wonder why don't we try to help him chose the best formation that would suit all 4. but of course then other parts of the team must be converted...so guys - what is your formation

i'd try ( although in a virtual world , i wouldn't have the guts to do it live ) a 3-3-3-1 situation.....

vds

evra - rio - nemanja

scholes - hargo - carrick

ronaldo - rooney - tevez

berbatov

...this formation means that we would have to drop one of the wing backs and make it 3 CB's ...maybe pat is not the best option as the CB but i can't drop the little fella
the players in red would change places constantly during the match

what do you think - this could be fun trying to figure out the best formations

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
Van Der Sar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick

Hargreaves Anderson

Berbatov Tevez
Rooney​

thats a formation i would like to see

Carrick a defencive midfielder like Senna/Makalele gathering balls and distrubing the play
Hargreaves and Anderson plays as a central mids one on the left other a bit on the right when we are not attacking while when attacking they go to wings

Berbatov Rooney and Tevez play on the wings with one of them as a striker when we start our attack then they go more deep when Hargro/Ando occupy the wings with one of the strikers going as an attacking middy

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
If i was to try this out i would keep 4 at the back

------------------Vds

Brown-----Rio------Vidic-----Evra

------Hargreaves---Carrick

-----Ronaldo--Tevez---Rooney

------------Berbatov

So hard!!!
I would have Hargo and Carrick sitting back and protecting the back four.
Leave Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney to cause havoc.
This would be a nightmare for any defence, very attack minded!
But i can't see all these players playing on the pitch at any one time unless we are chasing a game!
I'd love to see it though

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
abojodeh said:
Van Der Sar

Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Carrick

Hargreaves Anderson

Berbatov Tevez
Rooney​

thats a formation i would like to see

Carrick a defencive midfielder like Senna/Makalele gathering balls and distrubing the play
Hargreaves and Anderson plays as a central mids one on the left other a bit on the right when we are not attacking while when attacking they go to wings

Berbatov Rooney and Tevez play on the wings with one of them as a striker when we start our attack then they go more deep when Hargro/Ando occupy the wings with one of the strikers going as an attacking middy
and ronaldo's in madrid right ?

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
abojodeh said:
no i didn't include any real winger to formation no Ronaldo no Nani no Park no Giggsy :rolleyes:

playing the 4 of them would be impossible
i think vava's formation show it's possible - oh and they did play together in bolton or blackburn match

·
Least popular Moderator
24,837 Posts
Simple: do what we're doing now.

I don't think Ronaldo is a problem. He plays on the right, its who plays upfront thats the problem (a good one to have aswell).

I would jsut play the inform 2 - who are currently Berbatov and Rooney. If one of them start to perform badly then they will be dropped and Tevez will come in - then its his to lose. Same thing with injuries and suspension. At the moment its Rooney and Berbatov, so as soon as Tevez gets a chance he needs to take it - like Rooney did vs Bolton a few weeks ago.

We have to remember its a long season. Once we have league games, FA Cup games and important CL games (and maybe Carling Cup games) then we'll see them all have games. After Xmas is when players start to pick of knocks, get suspensions, have a dip in form ect.

Just be patient, all will get there chance.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
CROoney said:
i think vava's formation show it's possible - oh and they did play together in bolton or blackburn match
for few minuted not the full match
with one midfielder our midfield will be out-controlled and out classed just like versus liverpool and them we would lose the control of the game and eventually lose the match :rolleyes:

·
All round nice guy
3,887 Posts
You can't fit all 4 of them into a team, it would be very unbalanced. Also, if you tried, it would result in people being played out of position.

------------------Vds

-----Ronaldo--Rooney--Tevez

----------------Berbatov

thats really the only way you could do it, but Tevez/Rooney would have to spend some time on the left wing.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
christianoharleiro said:
You can't fit all 4 of them into a team, it would be very unbalanced. Also, if you tried, it would result in people being played out of position.

------------------Vds

-----Ronaldo--Rooney--Tevez

----------------Berbatov

thats really the only way you could do it, but Tevez/Rooney would have to spend some time on the left wing.
tevez was great yesterday on the right wing...also i think hargo carrick can watch the back to ronaldo and berba coz wayne and tevez watch their own

·
Registered
6,861 Posts
:confused:

Simply, I don't think you can.

Not without ruining the balance of the team that is. Sure you could have four up top, and they could each stay responsible and maintain their defensive duties (even though all four of them are pretty wreckless with defensive tackles etc.), but Ronaldo goes on one wing, who goes on the other? Tevez and Berbatov out wide wouldn't work, and with Rooney in the form he's in, he needs to be central.

Two in midfield isn't reliable either to be honest. Carrick and Hagreaves would be a good partnership, both dropping back, but when they come up against a big midfield they will struggle. Anderson and Carrick? Well, Carrick would be all on his own when Anderson goes forward. Plus, having two midfielders both centrally, the wings will be exposed.

I think people are thinking with their head rather than their heart on this subject to be honest, I was guilty of it at one time, and I know you feel that Tevez shouldn't be relegated to the bench, but it's for the good of the team. You can never have too many good players, and our bench will be really strong.

Someone mentioned dropping Ronaldo, but where the hell is our width going to come from then? Evra and Neville? Neville's not fast enough to be galloping down the wing so I can't see us playing with no natural attacking wide players. We'll run out of ideas going centrally.

My answer: Write to FIFA and tell them to make it 12-a-side. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
VaVaVoom said:
If i was to try this out i would keep 4 at the back

------------------Vds

-----Ronaldo--Tevez---Rooney

------------Berbatov

So hard!!!
I would have Hargo and Carrick sitting back and protecting the back four.
Leave Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney to cause havoc.
This would be a nightmare for any defence, very attack minded!
But i can't see all these players playing on the pitch at any one time unless we are chasing a game!
I'd love to see it though
I know I read last summer how Fergie wanted to try a similar formation with a defending square and give the wing backs a licence to attack. Back then we didnt have a Berbatov so I think he had Saha in mind.
And if Berba will put down the same amount of work as last night this would definitly work against poorer opponents.

·
MUT all-time great
21,962 Posts
There's only 1 ball. Remember that. Playing the four of them wouldn't really work to be honest. But just for sport I'd have it like this:

---------------------------------------Hargreaves/Carrick
Ronaldo-----------------------------------------------------------------------------Ronaldo

---------------------------------------------Rooney
---------------------------------Berbatov---------------Tevez

I put Ronaldo on both wings, since he can play on either flank and which one he was on would depend on who was on the other one.

Z

·
0 Posts
We should play the way i know and love, with two wingers and two strikers.

We should only ever have all four on the pitch if we're desperate for a goal.
In that case I would choose the same formation a pizza.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
TheManc said:
Simple: do what we're doing now.

I don't think Ronaldo is a problem. He plays on the right, its who plays upfront thats the problem (a good one to have aswell).

I would jsut play the inform 2 - who are currently Berbatov and Rooney. If one of them start to perform badly then they will be dropped and Tevez will come in - then its his to lose. Same thing with injuries and suspension. At the moment its Rooney and Berbatov, so as soon as Tevez gets a chance he needs to take it - like Rooney did vs Bolton a few weeks ago.

We have to remember its a long season. Once we have league games, FA Cup games and important CL games (and maybe Carling Cup games) then we'll see them all have games. After Xmas is when players start to pick of knocks, get suspensions, have a dip in form ect.

Just be patient, all will get there chance.
Exactly what you said^^^ Great post.

but if all the players were fit, Id think about playing Ronnie on the left and Hargo on the right.

When fit:

Hargo----Carrick-------Scholes------Ronaldo

-------------Rooney-------Berba----------

But rotation will be key considering the amount of games we will have.
And as the above post said, knocks, injuries, dips in form, strength of opposition etc...will play a big part.

·
Berbatov>Tevez
11,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
guys it seems to me that there have been some posts which don't include accomodating all four - we have formation thread about that...
this was meant to experiment with formations in which they all 4 could play ay ?
also i'd like to see formations not posts like - "they should play when we're trailing a goal "etc...ok ?
if you don't think it's possible then it's pointless to post on the thread don't you agree

·
Registered
293 Posts
i think play 4 4 2 but with a dimond in the middle so
VDS
Brown, Rio Vidic Evra
hargo (when fit)
Ronaldo Nani
Tevez
Rooney Berba

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
CROoney said:
With fergie's latest statements how he's been thinking of a way to accomodate all 3 to play up front ( berba,tevez,rooney - of course ronaldo's undropable ) i wonder why don't we try to help him chose the best formation that would suit all 4. but of course then other parts of the team must be converted...so guys - what is your formation

i'd try ( although in a virtual world , i wouldn't have the guts to do it live ) a 3-3-3-1 situation.....

vds

evra - rio - nemanja

scholes - hargo - carrick

ronaldo - rooney - tevez

berbatov

...this formation means that we would have to drop one of the wing backs and make it 3 CB's ...maybe pat is not the best option as the CB but i can't drop the little fella
the players in red would change places constantly during the match

what do you think - this could be fun trying to figure out the best formations
I must admit i like the look of that team , but i would pick anderson instead of sicknote hargreaves

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
CROoney said:
guys it seems to me that there have been some posts which don't include accomodating all four - we have formation thread about that...
this was meant to experiment with formations in which they all 4 could play ay ?
also i'd like to see formations not posts like - "they should play when we're trailing a goal "etc...ok ?
if you don't think it's possible then it's pointless to post on the thread don't you agree
Agree

This is my formation /4-4-1-1/. As you can see - Nani is missing. Players in red could change their positions. Maybe some of you will say that i am crazy :) All four of this quarter can dribble, pass and score. So 2 of them on the wings :)
------------------Vds

Ronaldo - Scholes - Carrick -Berbatov

-----------Rooney------------------

-------------- Tevez ------------

Or this one,
------------------Vds

Ronaldo - Scholes - Berbatov - Nani

--------Rooney----- Tevez ------------

1 - 20 of 42 Posts