Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finance experts: No weakness in Man Utd machine
- July 26, 2007

There are no weak links in the Manchester United brand, according to financial experts.

United's extravagant spending this summer has rocked European football, but Old Trafford insiders insist the money has all come from increased profits.

The Telegraph says an insider revealed United were anticipating operating profits to almost double from their 2005-06 levels of £46.3m in 2006-07.

It is understood that the rise is not only down to increased prize money and TV revenue from United's successful Premiership campaign and run to the semi-finals of the Champions League. Last season United took about £3m in match-day revenue from home games at the 76,000-capacity Old Trafford - a staggering £87m for the 29 matches played there.

The new benefits from the £14m-per-year sponsorship deal with American insurance giant AIG also boosted the club's coffers. And with the Premier League's £2.7 billion media deal set to kick in from this season, incomes and operating profits are set only to increase further.

Football finance expert Dan Jones, a partner in the sports business group at Deloitte, explained: "It's very difficult to spot a weak link at the moment. It's not just a great club with a great brand. They have a fantastic merchandising operation, the biggest stadium in the country, they play in the richest and most successful league, they have a young, exciting team and they are winning titles again."

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Anderson's God said:
Finance experts: No weakness in Man Utd machine
- July 26, 2007

There are no weak links in the Manchester United brand, according to financial experts.

United's extravagant spending this summer has rocked European football, but Old Trafford insiders insist the money has all come from increased profits.

The Telegraph says an insider revealed United were anticipating operating profits to almost double from their 2005-06 levels of £46.3m in 2006-07.

It is understood that the rise is not only down to increased prize money and TV revenue from United's successful Premiership campaign and run to the semi-finals of the Champions League. Last season United took about £3m in match-day revenue from home games at the 76,000-capacity Old Trafford - a staggering £87m for the 29 matches played there.

The new benefits from the £14m-per-year sponsorship deal with American insurance giant AIG also boosted the club's coffers. And with the Premier League's £2.7 billion media deal set to kick in from this season, incomes and operating profits are set only to increase further.

Football finance expert Dan Jones, a partner in the sports business group at Deloitte, explained: "It's very difficult to spot a weak link at the moment. It's not just a great club with a great brand. They have a fantastic merchandising operation, the biggest stadium in the country, they play in the richest and most successful league, they have a young, exciting team and they are winning titles again."
Of course there are no weaknesses in the Manchester United machine.

We have one of Americas finest business men taking care of things.......he rarely makes mistakes despite everyone 'inventing' weird ideas that he does, lol.....

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
carlyluvsunited said:
Of course there are no weaknesses in the Manchester United machine.

We have one of Americas finest business men taking care of things.......he rarely makes mistakes despite everyone 'inventing' weird ideas that he does, lol.....
Thats exactly what I mean by the title! He is very successful, just ask Tampa Bay Buc fans, they treat him like a god. He is their godfather - they don't understand what United fans have against Glazer.

Glazer will look after us!

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
oh god...just found the website (i think anyway) he got this from

i hate that site - more or less everything it posts is rubbish imo

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
ledieu7 said:
I don't think the Glazer's are liked in Tampa.
They are liked for the fact that the Buccs won the Super Bowl under the Glazer's but some are wary because they immediately sacked the coaching staff when they took over and demanded that the local Government built them a new stadium or they would move the franchise elsewhere.

Just like at Man United - they have their supporters and their detractors in Tampa

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yes reddwarf and the costs of the stadium were in turn passed onto the taxpayers of tampa.

Additionally, he forced season ticket holders to pay for a number of seasons upfront and when a number of Buccs fans complained they were threatened with legal action.

One consequence of the takeover, is that our support is now split into the pro glazer, the anti glazer and the large chunk of fans who couldnt care less who's running the club as long as the team are doing the business on the pitch.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Bob Bingham said:
Yes reddwarf and the costs of the stadium were in turn passed onto the taxpayers of tampa.

Additionally, he forced season ticket holders to pay for a number of seasons upfront and when a number of Buccs fans complained they were threatened with legal action.

One consequence of the takeover, is that our support is now split into the pro glazer, the anti glazer and the large chunk of fans who couldnt care less who's running the club as long as the team are doing the business on the pitch.
The highlighted part is me

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
Bob Bingham said:

Yeah I know - I follow the NFL quite closely.

I'm a Miami fan (I went there on holiday when I was 9 yrs old and my dad bought me a Dolphins t-shirt - I've followed them ever since). I'm going to the Dolphins v Giants game at Wembley in October.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
reddwarf said:
Yeah I know - I follow the NFL quite closely.

I'm a Miami fan (I went there on holiday when I was 9 yrs old and my dad bought me a Dolphins t-shirt - I've followed them ever since). I'm going to the Dolphins v Giants game at Wembley in October.
The Eagles are the best NFL team :p

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
SolskjaertheLegend said:
The Eagles are the best NFL team :p
I think Colts fans would disagree with you!

After the Dolphins chances of reaching the playoffs ended last season I wanted Peyton Manning to get that elusive Super Bowl win - he's far too good a quarterback to have ended his career without a Super Bowl ring and I wouldn't bet against him winning another one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts