Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bookies have now suspended betting on Benitez leaving Liverpoo ?whats going on at Club that lives in the past ?not another manager ?:laugh:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
the guy has had enough time to do something in the league and he has consistently blown it, its just because he has such a talismanic effect in the champions league that he has stayed for so long.

some of his decisions seem strange to the extreme , you'd think he was a closet united fan with some of his team selections this year

·
hates City
2,913 Posts
I think Rafa will make the right decision and stay with scousers, although in 2 years time he wont be managing the team with the most PL trophies I hope

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
I find it hilarious that he wants full control over transfers for a number of reasons...

He's bought a lot of duds at Liverpool e.g. Lucas, Pennant, Dossena etc

He never plays one of his brightest young talents (Babel) instead preferring completely unproven players (El Zhar).

He pulled off the masterstroke of buying Keane for an outrageous transfer fee and then selling him months later for a loss.

Would you trust him with a £20-30m transfer kitty?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
ironically he has contributed to the dippers problems over the last few years, they have too many players who are average or good at best, with only a handful of world class or even premiership class stars, too much qiantity too little quality.....long may it continue

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
from 20/1 last night to 1/4 on today, has to be somethin to it. maybe rafa stuck a few hundred grand on himself to be sacked and will achieve this by fielding himself in net tonight:banana:

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
benitez is another in a long line of managers who just can get the best from their players week in week out. houllier did the crap treble and he wasnt safe, benitez was very lucky with the two trophies he has won and luck has put him in the position in the league this season.

Frankly, from a utd perpective, I want to see him stay. His rants have been at best amusing and just seems to pile pressure back on his players.

His argument about complaining bout referees were blown out the water with the antics of the mascherano affair at OT last season. The guy is a joke and ranks only 2nd behind Wenger in the outrageous comments he comes out with.

In terms of the club, they need to stop thinking were a great club and realise great players make a great club not a great history. Once they manage to do that and get a manager who can spot talent and not the worse his country has to offer then I think we can begin to fear Liverpool once more.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
I find it hilarious that he wants full control over transfers for a number of reasons...

He's bought a lot of duds at Liverpool e.g. Lucas, Pennant, Dossena etc

He never plays one of his brightest young talents (Babel) instead preferring completely unproven players (El Zhar).

He pulled off the masterstroke of buying Keane for an outrageous transfer fee and then selling him months later for a loss.

Would you trust him with a £20-30m transfer kitty?
Exactly,

and when I was making fun of the Dossena transfer, some members were giving me an earfull saying he would be challenging Evra as the league's best left back.

When have they gone now?

Anyway, Rafa is gone in the summer.

When Valencia didn't back his transfer policies he left pretty quickly too and made several parting shots after he left.

I can remember reading at the time that he was bitter they didn't back him and thinking this isn't going to bode well for Liverpool.

He flattered to deceive by delivering tournament trophies, but he just can't quit making silly mistakes in the league.

I know that the season isn't over yet, but leaving Keane out of the Stoke match and then selling him will prove to be costly mistakes.

Any more injuries to Stevie G or Torres and I feel they will struggle to finish in second place.

For me Chelsea still has the better squad and i've said as much in the Liverpool thread.

·
Keen on Fella's
8,472 Posts
the man simply hasn't got the mental toughness or tactical know how to win the league.
his infamous rant was a sure sign he had cracked at the first hurdle .
i cant see him staying past the summer.

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
he wont be going anywhere. liverpool if they add a new star each year and keep what they have will be in a strong position when/if fergie leaves .

worst thing any team needs is new boss as was shown by our form when fergie said he was leaving a few years back .

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gerrard and Carrager are close on 30,dont see Gerrard as a Ryan Giggs and lets compare there trophy cabinet ?

Gerrald has 0 Premier leagues 1 european cups[which he robbed]2 Fa cups

Giggs has 10 premier Leages 2 Euopean cups and 4 Fa cups :the_finger:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Gerrard and Carrager are close on 30,dont see Gerrard as a Ryan Giggs and lets compare there trophy cabinet ?

Gerrald has 0 Premier leagues 1 european cups[which he robbed]2 Fa cups

Giggs has 10 premier Leages 2 Euopean cups and 4 Fa cups :the_finger:
you forgot the 2 league cups, 1 wafa cup for the diver:rofl:

no comparison between the 2. giggs miles ahead in achievements and as a player

1 - 20 of 20 Posts