Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After watching yet another EASY win,strolling around like no-one was there,moving swiftly,creating chances,I got thinking..... Where will 'that' goal come from,who will stop the record,would a 2-1 WIN feel like a defeat?Its all going oh so well, talk of 3,4,5 trophies is being taken seriously and i for one am getting very excited for the coming months.This is no means me saying we've bagged the lot (which would be so ****in sweet),but as the games go on,the clean sheets,the scoring from all angles/players,where will it stop!?!? I dont want it to,but i just wanna know.........whats the catch :D:D

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats the question Jazz:rolleyes: :D.....Im just wondering like all great things in life,theres usually a catch,so what is it,its a jokey digg at the rest of the prem/questioning what bad things may/may not happen.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stephen said:
A 2-1 win feeling like a defeat?

Are you thtat ******* spoilt?
No not all mate.All I was saying that this record that beens banged on about for weeks would be broken so there may be that sense of a 'loss' in no uncertain terms.Dont call me spoilt as that really ****s me off.....

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Why does it piss you off if it isn't true?

Personally, I hope this record does get broken on Saturday against Blackburn. Finally stop everyone banging on about for once.

Z

·
0 Posts
Stephen said:

Personally, I hope this record does get broken on Saturday against Blackburn. Finally stop everyone banging on about for once.
Why? That's a crazy post. I remember not so long ago you said you hope we go through a lean spell when Fergie retires. Has someone hijacked your account Ste? :confused:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
-zuco- said:
Why? That's a crazy post. I remember not so long ago you said you hope we go through a lean spell when Fergie retires. Has someone hijacked your account Ste? :confused:
I never said that at all. If you read my posts on that topic again, then I also mention that I hope United are always successful and sin every game they play in.
However, a lean spell will see the fairweather fans give up, and we'll find out who's in for the long haul.

Obviously I want United to go on and on with keeping clean sheets - that means we haven't lost the game. But when it stops, the pressure of keeping the clean sheet is lifted and we can start playing football, with the media et al wanking over Arsenal or Liverpool.

·
23,699 Posts
Think it is called insecurity. :D

Nobody knows what happens next. Just enjoy the moment and take things as it comes. :)

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Stephen said:

It pisses me off because i dont see how having an opinion makes me spoilt....Also as for your view on the record.....**** off

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Stephen said:

Actually...I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was. I want it to go on and on and on,
obviously but there will come a game where we WILL concede, and end the run.
I'm afraid of what sort of impact that may have. Its a great thing to be able to
focus on holding onto clean sheets and that, but at what price when it does
happen?

I'd expect our players to be mature enough to take it on the chin and move onto
the next game, but take last night for example. 3-0 up and its the dying
minutes...had Fulham pulle done back..what a confidence blow! I'd have been left
reeling had we conceded late on. Then thers the factor of, will it be a master
class goal, or a defensive mixup or a peno or whatever. Fulham's Zamora came
mightily close to ending the run last nigt and Nemanja Vidic is the luckiets person
alive after last night because Fulham were denied a peno which I wouldn't have
been surprised about if the ref awarded it...wheres the run then? 12 yards from
an abrupt end.

Its a fascinating story run, but all good things muct come to an end... :eek:

·
Banned
9,511 Posts
Rooneys_Temper said:
It pisses me off because i dont see how having an opinion makes me spoilt....Also as for your view on the record.....**** off
You just complained that your opinion wasn't being considered, then you shoot down mine. Hypocrit.

KEANO said:
Actually...I wouldn't be so annoyed if it was. I want it to go on and on and on,
obviously but there will come a game where we WILL concede, and end the run.
I'm afraid of what sort of impact that may have. Its a great thing to be able to
focus on holding onto clean sheets and that, but at what price when it does
happen?
This is what I meant in my post.

Obviously I want it to go on and on, but if it did end, would anyone really care? It depends whether the players are feeling the pressure of it, or using it to spur them on (I reckon it's the latter, but I'd be shitting it if we go into the Liverpool game with it still there).

Of course I don't want United to concede - 1-0 wins are better than 1-1 draws afterall.
I worded my post all wrong.

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
Web definitions for catch:
discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state; "She caught her son eating ...

Hope that helped.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dlan4327 said:
Web definitions for catch:
discover or come upon accidentally, suddenly, or unexpectedly; catch somebody doing something or in a certain state; "She caught her son eating ...

Hope that helped.
fun·ny . fun·ni·er, fun·ni·est 1. a. Causing laughter or amusement :eek::rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts