Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
The booing after 30-odd minutes last night was ridiculous but it did seem to spur the players into action.

Last nights poor performance in the 1st half was down to a few things - lack of confidence after failing to qualify for Euro 2008, nervousness of playing under a new coach and at Wembley, having 11 players that had never started a game together before and a different formation to get used to.

I think we, eventually, overcame all of these factors to put in a good 2nd half performance. Winning breeds confidence but this is the first step on a very long road to recovery for the England team.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
CROoney from Dubrovnik said:
I hope you all don't think England will produce some thrilling football under Capello. you can forget about that. but you can be sure England will produce some effective football
That raises a point that puzzled me last night.

When Gerrard was interviewed after the game he said that one of the long-term aims of Capello was to get England playing 'exciting football when going forward'.

How are we going to do that with 1 up front and a defensive minded coach? :confused:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts