Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its been a few years now since the transfer window came into play the question im asking is whats the point ?

Since Real madrid and a few other teams seem to be signing players outside the window anyway .

Its not on Huntlaar and Diarra signed well before the window even if they couldnt register till January .

Parading them to the media its another two fingers up to the football ruling bodys . I think if United paraded two world class players to the media there would be uproar .

What its also does is take out any challange bids for players as clubs must not be aware players are talking to clubs outside of the window .

Whats your view on Madrid and there new Transfer policy buy when they want ?:mad:

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
With Van Nistelrooy and M Diarra out for the season Real Madrid need those 2 players to be available for their 1st game in Jan so I can see why they wanted to get the deals in place before the transfer window has started.

Don't forget that United have been in discussions with Tosic and that other lad well before the transfer window.

There's nothing wrong with doing it imo.

As for the transfer window itself, it has its pros and cons.

If there was a tranfer free for all throughout the year then it would benefit the richest clubs who could buy the best players from the lesser clubs at any time meaning they would constantly be getting stronger and other teams weaker.

Some people argue that clubs should only be allowed to buy players before the season starts. However, having a mid-season window allows clubs to respond to unexpected problems. I've already mentioned Real Madrid but Everton are probably the best example - due to unforeseen circumstances (except in the case of Saha - everyone could see that coming :rolleyes: ) they have no strikers. I'd be stunned if they do not bring one in next month.

The problem is that prices are inflated mid-season because clubs know that relegation candidates/championship contenders/injury ravaged clubs are desperate to buy. Also, players may not be able to play in certain competitions after representing another club, which is usually a point of debate.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
Well, I believe theres nothing wrong with what Madrid are doing. It's all within the rules I think.

But I think the transfer window is a good idea. Like reddwarf says, there are pros and cons. But if there wasn't one all that would happen would be that, iwhen clubs are in bad form or have injury worries, all they'll do is buy the best players from clubs smaller than them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts