Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think these few weeks, united got a big problem, i dont understand why boss doesn't bring on tevez, even nani.. so depress, we won't make it against liverpool if the team is still on this kind of formation. We won't even make it against Roma. Boss.. please stop the rotation system on midfielders

Man Utd 1 - Lyon 0 (should have gotten more)
Man Utd 0 - Pompey 1 (We can't shoot a goal!)
Man Utd 1 - Derby 0 (should have made like 7 goals!)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Yes, we are suffering from a lull in form at the moment. Against Lyon and Derby you would have to question the maangaers tactics which were very suspect.

Many fans on other forums are also complaining about Fergie's tactics in Europe and believe that we have to start playing 'United' football if we want to win trophies. I agree.

However, you can not fault the players or manager for the Portsmouth defeat. It was one of those days when nothing went our way and Portsmouth were incrediblty fortunate. We could have easily had 4 or 5 on the day.

Hopefully Fergie will see the light now and start to get the players at least playing to their potential for the rest of the season!!!!

At the moment, we are playing badly and winning which is the sign of Champions. However, you can't rely on that tactic for too long.

To win trophies, you have to play the football needed to win them, attacking and ambitious football!!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah.. united is way down alot from what i think they could make it.. problem is Striker should put on 2 not only rooney like in the game against derby.. 2 giggs came down jus to get the attendance record. he made only faults and bad passes. Best team i always wanted is

Van Der Sar(GK), Wes Brown(RB), Rio(CD), Vidic(CD), Evra(LB), Ronaldo(RM), Anderson(CM), Scholes or Carrick or Hargreaves(CM), Nani(LM), Tevez(ST), and Rooney(ST)

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Fergie always play a 4-5-1 formation in Europe. Until now, he still juz' can't overcome the psychological barrier of playing a more offensive minded tactic
in European competition. He takes far too much precaution as he hve a phobia
which I don't really understand what it is. Yeah, the whole team is suffering in a dip in form. But chill mate, I can fully understand how ue feel. As a fellow die-hard United fanatic, I suffer heartache seeing how poor our results are recently.
But let me tell ue, suffering a slight dip in form is part-and-parcel of a great team like United. Every team, regardless of how good they are, they will always drop points. They may be hold out by a draw or even suffer a loss against lesser opponents. But bear in mind, that will happen to ANY teams regardless of how great they are. Sometimes, if Lady Luck doesn't go by ur side, who can ue blame?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
23,699 Posts
I felt so sad and sorry for the visiting fans who were too amazing for words - singing non-stop during the game - even when we dished out rubbish for them to cheer. Until we scored of course...

It really touched me.:eek:

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
I think the biggest sufferer in form is anderson clearly the rotation is causing lack of match sharpness . But in my opinion the key element in our poor form is the intreduction of paul scholes lacking match sharpness and also pace scholes is clearly being carried for all our love for the man fergie needs to see sense scholes is a shadow of a former self . As for hargreaves he ahas been a major disapointment not looking like the domenent force we thought he would be . Please please stop rotaiting our team fergie

·
Banned
198 Posts
Zense_United said:
I think these few weeks, united got a big problem, i dont understand why boss doesn't bring on tevez, even nani.. so depress, we won't make it against liverpool if the team is still on this kind of formation. We won't even make it against Roma. Boss.. please stop the rotation system on midfielders

Man Utd 1 - Lyon 0 (should have gotten more)
Man Utd 0 - Pompey 1 (We can't shoot a goal!)
Man Utd 1 - Derby 0 (should have made like 7 goals!)
not necessarily rotation. just realise Anderson/Scholes doesn't work. i heard our midfield to be shyte today, defo due to the ageing Giggs and Ginger min ger. we had lots of displaced passes today amongst our missed shots.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
You are giving out about 2 wins and a very unfortunate loss.
Big deal mate. Its a long season and its the sign of Champions,
playing badly and still getting results.
Top of the Table for now and we have got to rest a fair few players.
We have Bolton midweek and the Scousers next Saturday so
it had to be done. Granted, our form isnt the best right now, but
its been a good season so far and there is nothing to suggest we
cant win trophies this season.

·
Registered
23 Posts
This is football it happens most seasons, to all teams us less than most but there is nothing unusual in very good teams having bad spells and still getting results.

And I say bad spells lets be honest in every one of the 1-0 victories and losses we could have won by 4 or 5 so we deserved the victories.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Red Devil said:
So you think that if we play like that v LFC and Chelski and Arsenal we will be alright?
Exactly, you can only get away with these kind of performances for so long. When we come up against some real, quality competition who can punish you, our current performances won't be good enough.

However, as you alread said RD, the word is 'COMPLACENCY'.

When we meet Liverpool, Arsenal and Chelsea, expect the team to play as if their lives depended on it!!!! It's just getting them to play like that against the supposed weaker teams aswell which is the problem.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Yeah i blame it on not really having an out-and-out striker for example if we had a Van Nistelrooy or Torres up there today and aginst Pompey etc. They would be reaching the positions that Rooney and Tevez dont.

·
has been served
2,947 Posts
red_devils4life said:
Fergie always play a 4-5-1 formation in Europe. Until now, he still juz' can't overcome the psychological barrier of playing a more offensive minded tactic
in European competition. He takes far too much precaution as he hve a phobia
which I don't really understand what it is. Yeah, the whole team is suffering in a dip in form. But chill mate, I can fully understand how ue feel. As a fellow die-hard United fanatic, I suffer heartache seeing how poor our results are recently.
But let me tell ue, suffering a slight dip in form is part-and-parcel of a great team like United. Every team, regardless of how good they are, they will always drop points. They may be hold out by a draw or even suffer a loss against lesser opponents. But bear in mind, that will happen to ANY teams regardless of how great they are. Sometimes, if Lady Luck doesn't go by ur side, who can ue blame?? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
SOMEONE doens't know his tactics!

Just because we play 1 striker doesn't mean we are being defensive.

Ronaldo and Nani on the wings cut in and get the goals too, they hang back because there so damn fast they could be sitting on our goal line and still race up for the counters.

Personally I think we NEED to play our 4-5-1 ALL THE TIME.

--------Basic back 4
-------------Carrick
-----Anderson--Scholes-----
Ronaldo------------------Nani
-------------Rooney-----------

You point out a flaw in that formation, I dare you.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
negtive tactics , breeds negativity thats why we have only won the champions league once .
it is our inability to score away goals that costs us , the lone striker has never worked for us

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
We need to play two strikers or else the goals will be scarce. Remember when we went on that streak beginning of the season when we scored 4 goals like in 4 or 5 games in a row? We had 2 strikers! Playing 5 Midfielders vs Arsenal was excellent and we beat them 4-0 and now after that Fergie is trying to do the same thing but maybe it was just a one off? Thing is we got too many central midfielders and not that many strikers so that is why his doing it and plus tevez did complain he is getting tried and saha isn't 100% fit and that is why we need a new clinical striker in the summer and maybe sell one centre midfield player. Thing is all centre midfield players are playing good and to accomodate them all is requiring a 4-5-1. And I also think we should never play a Scholes--Anderson midfield!! We lack that DMF and it cost us vs City and nearly cost us an upset vs Derby!! We need to pair them with Hargo or Carrick but having to attacking minded midfielders in the centre is just exposes our defence really bad. Also Hargo and Carrick in the centre doesn't have much creativity or attacking will but its okay to put them when we are defending a lead. I say put scholes carrick or anderson hargo or scholes hargo or anderson carrick and if we get injuries then we accomodate but if they are all fit like they were vs derby and man city we should do that.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts