Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Yeah I hope he comes back asap as he is our best defensive midfielder and I want to see him vs Juve and in the Charity Sheild

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
It's a concern.

He doesn't look likely to get full pre-season training so he won't be fit for start of the season.

I'm a big fan of Hargreaves. He offers a lot to the team but he seems to be injury prone, which is worrying.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
tendonitis, getting injections. Its an up and down injury, which is recurring
but Id assume he will be back before long. They wont want to risk him
but if he's needed he will play through the pain.

·
Banned
15,336 Posts
I don't think hes injury-prone, I think hes just tendonitis prone ;)

But its certainly a miss. I'm a big fan, and he's a great all-round player. Theres no doubt his best position is DM, but hes certainly versatile, and is a real asset on the right.

His journey on the international front has certainly been remarkable as well. From being the last 15-20 minute sub, to the scapegoat and the player that was roundly booed, to the player that the England supporters thought would have saved the Euro 2008 dream, hes certainly showed what hes made of as well.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
One of my favourite players at United, but this problem needs to be cleared up as he will be crucial going away to Liverpool and Chelsea, without him going to those games you are loosing a lot of qualities, he was bought to play in the tight games especially away from home so for me it's a real concern.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Id imagine it won't be too long...the united staff will know how to handle it.

Should be back after the Newcastle game, I'd imagine.....could be wrong though

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
manutd004 said:
I don't think hes injury-prone, I think hes just tendonitis prone ;)

But its certainly a miss. I'm a big fan, and he's a great all-round player. Theres no doubt his best position is DM, but hes certainly versatile, and is a real asset on the right.

His journey on the international front has certainly been remarkable as well. From being the last 15-20 minute sub, to the scapegoat and the player that was roundly booed, to the player that the England supporters thought would have saved the Euro 2008 dream, hes certainly showed what hes made of as well.
I agree.

He has worked hard and made up for his lack of technical ability with high fitness levels and sheer determination. He is vital to our team and hopefully he'll be back soon.

The amount of players we'll have missing for one reason or another come the Newcastle game is quite worrying.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Keano! said:
Id imagine it won't be too long...the united staff will know how to handle it.

Should be back after the Newcastle game, I'd imagine.....could be wrong though

from soccernet.espn.com

Owen Hargreaves is looking at the meeting with Portsmouth at Fratton Park the following week after having injections in his knee to cure a tendinitis problem, while Ben Foster has suffered some swelling in his knee which will keep him on the sidelines.
Spot on Keano ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts