Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many a united fan im worried sick the day fergie calls it a day or should i say the day the doctor tells him to call it a day who is there to replace him . Many believe it should be a former player someone who loves the club and has a place in its history . If this were the case there are many names 'keano' 'hughes' 'bruce' maybe a few other names from the past aswell . But having spoke to sevrel fans on the subject alot would go for a manager who has won big things like morinho or ottmar hitzfeld .Or maybe we should stay close to home and have carlos q as our new manager give us your view on the subject .

me personally i think maybe mark hughes has been impressive so he would get my former player vote . But if i was to go for a manager from europe maybe riykard at barce mainly for the reason his teams are set up in a united style attacking formation and not a defence bore team like liverpool or chelsea

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Guus Hiddink - has an excellent record both for club and international level. Did wonders for South Korea and for my beloved Socceroos (Australia) and also did well with the Netherlands. What ever he touches goes to gold Mourinhio style. Knows english too. Is a friend of Man United and knows how to shop well! Was a father like figure to Park which is what Fergie was to the young fledglings he made (Becks, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Neville brothers and co.) He to me is the perfect replacement of Fergie. He is no stranger to the Champions League and has experience with big clubs as he managed Valencia and Real Madrid as well as other european clubs.

My second choice would be Jose Mourinhio. I don't think I have to explain why..his record speaks for itself especially in the EPL! 3 seasons and 2 EPL titles...and the scousers go on and on about how a manager must have time before he wins the EPL...well they forgot Jose did it in his first season and defended the title next season proving its no fluke and NO cash doesn't buy titles as Ranieri and Abramovic and most prob Grant will prove...but it is also the manager who decides the tactics!

It would be nice for Keano or Huges or Bruce or a former legend to take over BUT do they have the experience? The capability to manage the most popular football club in the world? Can they deliver domestically and in Europe? I say we must replace a managing legend with another great...Guus and Mourinhio are just that!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Im worried because i think we will have Carlos Querioz as a manager he is a fantastic ass. man but i cant see him making it as a manager therefore when the day comes i will be very worried.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Nemanjaaa said:
Im worried because i think we will have Carlos Querioz as a manager he is a fantastic ass. man but i cant see him making it as a manager therefore when the day comes i will be very worried.
OMG anyone but CARLOS QUERIOZ! Do not get me wrong..i think he is the best assistant manager Fergie ever had BUT key word is ASSISTANT! He is a very very good assistant manager BUT not a good manager at all...I think Real Madrid proved that :rolleyes:

·
Registered
309 Posts
sparkic said:
Guus Hiddink - has an excellent record both for club and international level. Did wonders for South Korea and for my beloved Socceroos (Australia) and also did well with the Netherlands. What ever he touches goes to gold Mourinhio style. Knows english too. Is a friend of Man United and knows how to shop well! Was a father like figure to Park which is what Fergie was to the young fledglings he made (Becks, Giggs, Scholes, Butt, Neville brothers and co.) He to me is the perfect replacement of Fergie. He is no stranger to the Champions League and has experience with big clubs as he managed Valencia and Real Madrid as well as other european clubs.

My second choice would be Jose Mourinhio. I don't think I have to explain why..his record speaks for itself especially in the EPL! 3 seasons and 2 EPL titles...and the scousers go on and on about how a manager must have time before he wins the EPL...well they forgot Jose did it in his first season and defended the title next season proving its no fluke and NO cash doesn't buy titles as Ranieri and Abramovic and most prob Grant will prove...but it is also the manager who decides the tactics!

It would be nice for Keano or Huges or Bruce or a former legend to take over BUT do they have the experience? The capability to manage the most popular football club in the world? Can they deliver domestically and in Europe? I say we must replace a managing legend with another great...Guus and Mourinhio are just that!

Spot on mate. We obviously need an experienced manager who has a strong personality to cope with managing Man united with all the pressures that go with managing one of the biggest clubs in the world. I think the 2 youve mentioned would be in the frame although I'd be a bit concerned with Mourinho's football philosophy.WE all know the football played by the renties under him was one dimensional and boring at best. I'd like to see how he gets on next season when in all probability he will be managing one of the milan teams . Will he adapt and send out his team to play more imaginative, creative football? the answer will be the key as to whether he will be in the running to succeed Alex.

Hughes is an outside bet at the moment as he has yet to win anything and blackburn are a bit too physical for my liking.Bruce is a doing a terrifica job at Wigan and previously Birmingham. i certainly wouldnt rule him out but would need to manage someone like newcastle to show he can prove it with a relatively big club.

I'd say its at least another 5 years away so who knows if Keano or some other rookie manager will have matured into the finished article by then.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Ive heard Gary Neville knows everything there is to know about tactics. If he must retire due to the injury maybe he can work his way up through the ranks and be the successor to the great Scotsman.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
spellbound said:
Ive heard Gary Neville knows everything there is to know about tactics. If he must retire due to the injury maybe he can work his way up through the ranks and be the successor to the great Scotsman.
may not know much about gary's tactical knowledge, but one thing for sure is he lives for man utd.

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
If Neville got it i'd be absoultely shocked.

I have no idea who it'll go to, i'd like it to go to a British manager though.

Hughes, Keane, O'Neil, Strachen. Someone like that.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
RichardsReds said:
If Neville got it i'd be absoultely shocked.

I have no idea who it'll go to, i'd like it to go to a British manager though.

Hughes, Keane, O'Neil, Strachen. Someone like that.
not to sure about strachen but the other 3 have a good chance all could stake a claim if it was up for grabs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts