Manchester United Talk banner

Giggsy To Be Rewarded?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
that is complete cr#p why retire the shirt it is their for future players to pull it on and try and match his achievements , what about besties and charltons and edwards etc etc , we would have start our squad numbers at 54

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
that is complete cr#p why retire the shirt it is their for future players to pull it on and try and match his achievements , what about besties and charltons and edwards etc etc , we would have start our squad numbers at 54
i agree, if we start retiring shirt numbers we'll soon have players with ridcously large numbers on their shirts . the number should stay , it'll inspire future players to match or even exceed his achievments .

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
i did a thread on this a couple of months ago..consensus seemed to be 'no way' retire the shirt, it should actually stay and serve as an inspiration for future players to follow in ryan's footsteps and wear the number 11 one day themeselves.

they clealry got the idea for the story from my thread....i'll sue them l8trz. :)

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
it's not a good ideea. I think that only in tragical happenings like the one of Antonio Puerta things like these should be done. There are other ways to apreciate Giggsy, but this is not one of them.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.