Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to take teams lower down the league for granted,I mean, fancy resting Ronaldo when he new Rooney was out against Bolton,he does it all the time,if I remember he did it against Fulham last year,and one I do remember a few years back was when we had qualified for the latter stages of the European cup and had to win against Juventess to knock them out altogether,he chose to send a weaker team to Italy and got beat and saved the Italians,who could have been a major threat in the latter stages.
The other problem,whether its the coaching I don't know,but we always struggle against teams that pack the defence like Bolton did after they had scored.
I mean we come up against that nearly every home game so we must change tactics or something.

·
Registered
291 Posts
lets face it we are next to nothing without scholes, ronaldo and rooney and vidic, because if pique wasnt playing then vida would have cleared it from anelka... Without all these players we have no flair and pace

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
Every season Fergie does this and as a direct consequence we lost over half of the games we lose, per season, because of this. He is as naive as the players sometimes when he thinks a win is going to be "easy".

There is no such thing 90% of the time. The only time we appear to have an easy win is when we start with the strongest eleven we have, go for the throat, and get a few goals THEN, and only THEN, make changes.

He never seems to realise that teams like Bolton have this as their "biggest day" of the season, the annual visit of the Mighty Manchester United. They try really hard to win and claim their own private FA Cup. Bolton will lose against much lesser teams this season purely due to the fact that they will not try as hard.

The best game BCFC played this season was at St Andrews against United, luckily we had a Ronaldo.

Reading is another perfect example; they try really hard against us, as do Boro and other "lesser" teams.

We have to play to win, every game, be seen to be playing to win and the manager has to pick a winning team. I am not interested in the excuse that the poor darlings had to play two whole internationals in the past two football-less weeks. In Busby's day we had all our players playing on the Saturday, playing european football on the Wednesday, playing the following Saturday then playing a useless international friendly on the Wednesday before coming back for the game on Saturday then playing a cup game midweek, then a league game then flying off to outer siberia for a Euro game; all with the same eleven, etc etc etc.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts

No offence but Fergie has had 30 years in management - winning 30 major trophies !!

He is the winning most manager ever to walk this planet......

So I have a sneaky suspicion he is aware of any points we can raise here......and then a few more on top !!!

He has forgotten more about football than any of us are ever to likely learn.....:p

·
Registered
414 Posts
the players didnt perform by the sound of it, i dunno but i think fegie tends to let the players get down to business and play the game, they aint pawns in his beautiful plan

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
We were dominated in the first half by Bolton Wanderers........

Hargreaves and Carrick were like boys against men....and were thought a lesson by Ivan Campo ffs.....

There has always been a sense of arrogance towards lesser teams by United and as RD pointed out yeaterday, the players often feel they have the "divine right to win"..!!!

Vidic, Rooney, Ronaldo and Scholes showed once again how vital they are to the teams success.......

Hopefully Pique will gain valuable experience from the game and to quote RD once again, the players often need a "kick up their proverbial arses".....!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
It's not just Rooney,Ronaldo and Vidic who weren't contributing but also Anderson.He should play and not Carrick for God's sake..After he came in Man U started to look different (attacking!).The little one is the only player in team who is decent replacement for Scholsy!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
amer11 said:
It's not just Rooney,Ronaldo and Vidic who weren't contributing but also Anderson.He should play and not Carrick for God's sake..After he came in Man U started to look different (attacking!).The little one is the only player in team who is decent replacement for Scholsy!
quality first post....completely agree.....Anderson should have started.....

lol...he's 19 years of age and tougher and stronger than Carrick.....and Hargreaves....yes Hargreaves....and has better creativity...

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Fergie learnt a long long time ago.
We lose a game and people start freaking out.....
We had players out and the oppo were dogged and commited so losing this is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. We will be back to winning ways soon. No team can win every single game and thats our first loss in 10 or so games, which is pretty good I think.

·
Banned
76 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
We had players out and the oppo were dogged and commited so losing this is no big deal in the grand scheme of things. We will be back to winning ways soon. No team can win every single game and thats our first loss in 10 or so games, which is pretty good I think.
good good jazzy. to win the league it is ok to lose 4 game easy so now we lose 2 no time to worry everything is going good. we beat arsenal at old trafford anyway and make 3 point. they will be scared coming to OT.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Jazz 16 said:
No jazz i think we should change from our regular 4-4-2 formation to 4-1-2-2-1 even though we never play that way and won the league all those times and last year playing 4-4-2.:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Fergie had to rest ron and vidic apparently ron piicked up a thigh injury on international duty and vidic has took a knock on his back give fergie a break flippin eck we lose 1 and everyone freaks its the coming back from it that matters and we all know man united are the masters of this with rooney returning to we will be back to buisness straight away.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
cathred said:
Fergie had to rest ron and vidic apparently ron piicked up a thigh injury on international duty and vidic has took a knock on his back give fergie a break flippin eck we lose 1 and everyone freaks its the coming back from it that matters and we all know man united are the masters of this with rooney returning to we will be back to buisness straight away.
Best post of the thread so far. I agree wholeheartedly.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
you can't judge Sir Alex, even if sometimes makes some mistakes...he is the best manager this planet has so..we have no right to judge him

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
In hindsight Fergie made a couple of mistakes - starting the game with 2 defensive midfield players and starting Pique instead of O'Shea - but the team he put out should have won the game and hindsight, as they say, is a wonderful thing.

To not register a shot on target in the 1st half is very poor and the players must accept criticism for that.

Tevez should have scored from 4 yards out but when he missed I knew it wasn't going to be our day.

We need to recover quickly from this. We want to win on Tuesday to top the group and then we have 2 'easy' home games against Fulham and Derby in the league before we visit Rome and Anfield.

December is a crucial month - not just because we meet Liverpool and Arsenal play Chelsea but because points are often dropped during the busy Christmas schedule.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Ronaldo was injured, he wasnt rested.

As for Fergie not learning, this is the front 6 he put out on Saturday:

Nani Hargreaves Carrick Giggs

Tevez Saha

More than good enough to beat Bolton home or away but they just didn't perform, get over it. It happens.

Crazy to start slating Fergie over 1 loss in the last 14 games or whatever it is, get a grip ffs and get behind the team and manager.

Some of you are spoiled beyond belief.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
unitedred said:
Ronaldo was injured, he wasnt rested.

As for Fergie not learning, this is the front 6 he put out on Saturday:

Nani Hargreaves Carrick Giggs

Tevez Saha

More than good enough to beat Bolton home or away but they just didn't perform, get over it. It happens.

Crazy to start slating Fergie over 1 loss in the last 14 games or whatever it is, get a grip ffs and get behind the team and manager.

Some of you are spoiled beyond belief.
Hear, hear......

I'm glad UR started his "Don't panic" thread......

We have a written record of everyone making panic for no reasons.......

And it happens again here too.......

Thank goodness the manager and players dont act like this, lol.

Wazza1989 said:
you can't judge Sir Alex, even if sometimes makes some mistakes...he is the best manager this planet has so..we have no right to judge him
I could have sworn this is what I said :rolleyes:

·
has been served
2,949 Posts
Red Devil said:
Every season Fergie does this and as a direct consequence we lost over half of the games we lose, per season, because of this. He is as naive as the players sometimes when he thinks a win is going to be "easy".

There is no such thing 90% of the time. The only time we appear to have an easy win is when we start with the strongest eleven we have, go for the throat, and get a few goals THEN, and only THEN, make changes.

He never seems to realise that teams like Bolton have this as their "biggest day" of the season, the annual visit of the Mighty Manchester United. They try really hard to win and claim their own private FA Cup. Bolton will lose against much lesser teams this season purely due to the fact that they will not try as hard.

The best game BCFC played this season was at St Andrews against United, luckily we had a Ronaldo.

Reading is another perfect example; they try really hard against us, as do Boro and other "lesser" teams.

We have to play to win, every game, be seen to be playing to win and the manager has to pick a winning team. I am not interested in the excuse that the poor darlings had to play two whole internationals in the past two football-less weeks. In Busby's day we had all our players playing on the Saturday, playing european football on the Wednesday, playing the following Saturday then playing a useless international friendly on the Wednesday before coming back for the game on Saturday then playing a cup game midweek, then a league game then flying off to outer siberia for a Euro game; all with the same eleven, etc etc etc.
Get Out.
Rule 1. Never question SAF.
Rule 2. Never question SAF.
Rule 3. SAF is always right.
Rule 4. If you think SAF is wrong, you probably just dont understand what he did.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts