Manchester United Talk banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
spellbound said:
Thanks, nice to find out what they do today.

Do you got any more info about other players??

Seen guys like Neil Webb, Mike Phelan and Danny Wallace at the golf range? :)
which range would that be then spellbound

haggler said:
never ever mistake the great town that is northampton for that fen dwellers tar pit known as peterboro - posh they call emselves poor oafish simple heathens:D
ive been to northampton working and it is a very hard place to drive around with many round abouts

spellbound said:
Yeah Dennis was Mr reliable.

You got more info about former United players Jazz?

Why u gonna start stalking them or something spellbound lol!!

S

·
0 Posts
Haggler posted a link in another thread and it also
gave some info on what some ex players are doing
nowdays. ( copied below).

Manager - Ron Atkinson Flamboyant and suntanned boss who, like his Barca counterpart Menotti, enjoyed a cigar or three. 'Big Ron' won the FA Cup twice with United and the League Cup with Sheffield Wednesday, as well as taking Aston Villa to second place in the Premier League in 1993, his best finish in the top flight.

He also worked as a TV pundit before resigning from ITV in 2004 over racist remarks he made about Chelsea defender Marcel Desailly after a Champions League semi-final. Now director of football at British Gas Business Football League Premier Division side Halesowen Town.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gary Bailey Ipswich-born but South African-bred keeper who completed a BSc in physics when in Manchester. After a knee injury ended his career in England in 1987 he returned to South Africa to play for Kaizer Chiefs and study civil engineering but, after an investment in Mabula Game Reserve went wrong, he went to Oxford to get an MBA from Henley College. Now works as a TV presenter and motivational speaker and was an ambassador for South Africa's successful bid for the 2010 World Cup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arthur Albiston Reliable Scottish left-back who won three FA Cups for United before teaming up again with Atkinson at West Brom in 1988. Later played for Dundee, Chesterfield, Chester, Norwegian side Molde, Ayr United, Sittingbourne, Witton Albion and Droylsden, who he also briefly managed. Now works for MUTV and also hosts tours of Old Trafford.

Kevin Moran A successful Gaelic football player, Moran, who studied commerce at University College Dublin and worked as an accountant, was spotted playing football for Dublin side Pegasus and joined United in 1978. A combative centre-back, he spent 10 years at Old Trafford and won 71 Republic of Ireland caps but became the first player to be sent off in an FA Cup final in 1985. Retired in 1994 after spells with Sporting Gijon and Blackburn and set up the Proactive sports agency with Jesper Olsen and Paul Stretford. Also owns a chain of greeting-card shops as well as working as a TV pundit.

Graeme Hogg A no-nonsense centre-half who came through the ranks at United and left for Portsmouth in 1988. Also played for Hearts, where he was best known for being punched and having his nose broken by his team-mate Craig Levein during a pre-season friendly in 1994, as well as West Brom, Notts County and Brentford. Retired in 1998 and is now a TV engineer in Falkirk.

Mike Duxbury Another to come through the ranks at Old Trafford, Duxbury was a speedy right-back who won 10 England caps. He left to join Blackburn in 1990 and finished his playing days in Hong Kong. Duxbury briefly worked as a PE teacher in Bolton but returned to Hong Kong to head up United's soccer school in Hong Kong and is now in an identical role for the club in Dubai.

Arnold Muhren A Dutch master with a wand of a left foot, Muhren won the Uefa Cup with Ipswich in 1981 and the FA Cup with United in 1983 and 1985. He lifted the Cup Winners' Cup with Ajax in 1987 and supplied the cross for Marco van Basten's spectacular volley in Holland's win over Russia in the 1988 European Championship final. Since retiring he has worked as a youth coach with FC Volendam and Ajax.

Bryan Robson Despite suffering a succession of injuries, Robson, who won 90 England caps, captained the Red Devils to three FA Cup wins and the 1991 Cup Winners' Cup final success over Barcelona. He turned down the chance to succeed Terry Venables as national boss in 1996 but, after a bright start with Middlesbrough, his managerial career has been a disappointment. Sacked by Sheffield United in February, he is back at United working as an ambassador.

Ray Wilkins Had a nomadic playing career after leaving United for AC Milan in the summer of 1984 and failed to shine as manager at QPR and Fulham. Wilkins also coached under Gianluca Vialli at Chelsea and Watford and was Dennis Wise's assistant at Millwall, where he also worked in a consultancy role. His last coaching job was as assistant to England Under-21 coach Peter Taylor. Now concentrating on his work as a TV pundit.

Remi Moses Manchester-born United fan who was the owner of one of the most famous afros in football. Moses moved to Old Trafford from West Brom along with Robson in 1981 and became the club's first black goalscorer but was forced to retire with an ankle problem in 1987, aged 28. He later coached the Manchester Warriors inline skating team and now works for the Unity in the Community scheme as coach of Old Trafford FC, a team drawn from youngsters from Moss Side.

Frank Stapleton A powerful striker, Stapleton also played for Arsenal, Ajax, Le Havre and Blackburn. He managed Huddersfield, Bradford and US side New England Revolution and briefly coached Bolton's strikers. Now a TV pundit and after-dinner speaker, he also owns a soccer school in Ireland.

Norman Whiteside The youngest player to appear at the World Cup finals, aged 17 years and 42 days, when he played for Northern Ireland in Spain in 1982. Whiteside was a bruising forward whose career was ended by a long-standing knee injury, aged 27. Now a qualified chiropodist and an after-dinner speaker.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Salford red good post very intresting put together well alot better than the stuff the likes of reddevil4life puts together

S

·
0 Posts
fazman said:
Salford red good post very intresting put together well alot better than the stuff the likes of reddevil4life puts together
Can't take the credit mate, was a copy/paste job from
the link haggler posted, just thought the info would be
good posted on this thread for others to see.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
SALFORD RED said:
Haggler posted a link in another thread and it also
gave some info on what some ex players are doing
nowdays. ( copied below).
Good one SR...mistake by me to not search if this had been brought up before. :rolleyes: :cool:

And thanks Haggler :)

Z

·
0 Posts
fazman said:
I can't believe you quoted about 200 lines of text just to add your 1 line at the bottom lol.

Needless to say I've edited your post :p

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
-zuco- said:
I can't believe you quoted about 200 lines of text just to add your 1 line at the bottom lol.

Needless to say I've edited your post :p

shut up zuco i aint the best on a computer u geek there for i dont know how to shorten it ok

Z

·
0 Posts
fazman said:
shut up zuco i aint the best on a computer u geek there for i dont know how to shorten it ok
Simple, don't quote him, just leave your message underneath,
it's obvious who you were talking to because you said, "Salford
red good post" so quoting him was a bit pointless really wasn't it.

Oh...and don't tell me to shut up.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
-zuco- said:
Simple, don't quote him, just leave your message underneath,
it's obvious who you were talking to because you said, "Salford
red good post" so quoting him was a bit pointless really wasn't it.

Oh...and don't tell me to shut up.

sorry zuco !!!!!!!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
Funny you should say that about David May. He is absolutely minted he's involved in the Wine industry. He invested the money from football into it and is one of the richest men to come out of the Premier League.

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
fazman said:
I think this a great thread I think alot invest there money in business's
Not utd related but kevin campbell, once of arsenal and everton runs his own security company providing security for celebs and events. shows modern footballers are looking at providing an income after leaving the game

Failing that they tend to run a pub!!!!

21 - 40 of 58 Posts