Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Sky One's show Football Icon, is a complete joke. This guy above called Sam Hurell, he won the first Football Icon programme on Sky One a couple of years ago and he was promised a place in the Chelsea squad, along with a posh 1 million pound house/mansion, a car, and a cash prize.

I have always criticised this show because for one thing, how are you meant to brake into the first team with the likes of Lampard, Ballack or Shevchenko in the team? And secondly, why Chelsea Football Club?

Anyway this guy is supposed to be still playing in the Chelsea's academy, I've know players with less talent to progress faster and further than him.
Does anyone know a Danny Simpson? He was in the academy not long ago, but now he's already had a first team appearance...well several, and this guy who won the football programme hasn't even had a sniff of a first team appearance at Chelsea.

What alot of EDITED I'm sure they'll do a Manchester United Football Icon this time around, unless those TV producing idiots down London all support Chelsea and would prefer to shoot their jokable "football X factor type" shows in London.

Don't worry Sam, it's not your fault that you havent had a sniff of a chance at Chelsea, because the owner and manager are too busy buying foreign exports instead of investing in british youth, come to United and you'll be guaranteed a chance because that's what seperates us from many other clubs. At United you're always given a chance!

Swearing edited out. Please stop swearing.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Didnt Jody Morris win a similar type of competition thing and he was also promised a place at chelsea which he got after arnd a yr or so, so Sam whats his name above may get his chance he may not but i do agree its going to be hard with Chelsea buying foreigners all the time.

Sam Hurell got released at the end of last season and had a trail with Leyton Orient and Bradford City but didn't get offered a contract. Now having a trail with Northampton Town and considering enrolling at Roehampton Uni.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Hurrell

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Damian said:
Didnt Jody Morris win a similar type of competition thing and he was also promised a place at chelsea which he got after arnd a yr or so, so Sam whats his name above may get his chance he may not but i do agree its going to be hard with Chelsea buying foreigners all the time.

Sam Hurell got released at the end of last season and had a trail with Leyton Orient and Bradford City but didn't get offered a contract. Now having a trail with Northampton Town and considering enrolling at Roehampton Uni.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Hurrell
What's a "trail"? :D :p

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I remember watching that programme and i couldnt take it seriously because i knew all the time that nothing would come of whoever won.
Didnt they do a second series as well, well i didnt bother watching that.

·
Banned
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So really the programme was a complete waste of time, they make Sam the winner but behind closed doors they boot him out on his bum.

I mean....the people that made him the winner were football experts and yet Chelsea get rid of him, what a joke.

·
Banned
9,929 Posts
lol........remember that show. He was in Football Manager the next season too! Pretty cool.

Chelsea released him at the end of the 06/07 season! (lmao), and he went on to have trials with both Bradford City and Leyton Orient, failing on both attempts.

He's currently with Northampton Town with the possibility of having a permanent deal.

My how someone can be so high and fall so low! :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts