Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are buying to many young foreign players and we should be giving our British born players more chance. OK we have wellbeck, campbell but that is too few than what man utd produced back in the 90's. I don't have problem with young foreign talent but there must be some good young British talent out there too.

·
Thank you Sir Alex
5,528 Posts
Other than the fact that there isn't that much British talent out there, British talent is too costly when compared to foreign talent.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
trikam patel said:
We are buying to many young foreign players and we should be giving our British born players more chance. OK we have wellbeck, campbell but that is too few than what man utd produced back in the 90's. I don't have problem with young foreign talent but there must be some good young British talent out there too.
In a way I agree with you that we should get more ENGLISH players form the youth teams...but on the other hand. I think the Class of 94 was something beyond the normal with so many players coming through. Giggs,Scholes,Beckham,Butt and Neville x2. That was Champion material.

But for the English National Team it would be good to see a few more lads from England coming through.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Well if Trevor Brooking is to be believed then the situation will get a lot worse before it gets better. For a long time he has been telling the media that the FA needs to shake things up at grass roots level, build a World class academy for exceptionally talented footballers and provide better facilities for youngsters up and down the country.

The top teams in the Premier League are not just bringing in established foreign stars but are also bringing in foreign youngsters into their academies. At United we've brought in the likes of Rossi, Pique, Possebon, Macheda and the da Silva twins.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Yeah i agree i am proud that the spine of our team is british, But i look at the youngsters coming through and there are too many foreginers.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i think this issue affects the whole football league , by allowing too many foreign player's into british football "it has also hurt scotland" ,how many young footballers do we see progressing through the leagues these days -very few its because its easier for teams to bring foreigners over instead of training our own young talent .and this is having a bad effect on the whole structure of the british game and each generation will get worst unless we stop this destructive trend very soon.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
red devil jeff said:
Other than the fact that there isn't that much British talent out there, British talent is too costly when compared to foreign talent.
Victor Moses
Dean Ashton
James Vaughan
Mark Noble
Carlton Cole
Aaron Ramsey
Jack Wilshere
Henri Lansbury
Scott Sinclair
Freddie Sears
Kieran Richardson
Luke Moore
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Ashley Young
Nathan Delfouneso
Micah Richards
Nedum Onuoha
Michael Johnson
Stephen Ireland
Danny Sturridge
James Milner
Steve Sidwell
Nigel Reo-Coker

No talent ?

i would rather have one some of those players than Tosic Possebon Rossi and etc.. combined

there is a great english talent but it seems to end up in the wrong side of manchester and is few clubs which produces the best and signs the best local talents those teams such as Everton Aston Villa and Westham

Aston Villa produces decent talents and focus on buying British talent
Everton produces great local youngsters but they seem to fail to keep them and then they buy foreign players like Cahil and Yakubo
Westham produces one of the best footballer in the country and they sell them to the bigger teams but they also sign a local replacements Westham are the true academy of football

*List contain British and Irish players

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
abojodeh said:
Victor Moses
Dean Ashton
James Vaughan
Mark Noble
Carlton Cole
Aaron Ramsey
Jack Wilshere
Henri Lansbury
Scott Sinclair
Freddie Sears
Kieran Richardson
Luke Moore
Gabriel Agbonlahor
Ashley Young
Nathan Delfouneso
Micah Richards
Nedum Onuoha
Michael Johnson
Stephen Ireland
Danny Sturridge

James Milner
Steve Sidwell
Nigel Reo-Coker

No talent ?

i would rather have one some of those players than Tosic Possebon Rossi and etc.. combined

there is a great english talent but it seems to end up in the wrong side of manchester and is few clubs which produces the best and signs the best local talents those teams such as Everton Aston Villa and Westham

Aston Villa produces decent talents and focus on buying British talent
Everton produces great local youngsters but they seem to fail to keep them and then they buy foreign players like Cahil and Yakubo
Westham produces one of the best footballer in the country and they sell them to the bigger teams but they also sign a local replacements Westham are the true academy of football

*List contain British and Irish players
5 in Manchester but all baby blue.:(

·
Registered
133 Posts
back in 90s teams didnt have the money to travel around the world and scout for players!
the players you mentioned abo arent able to play for united. at least in the first team and make an impact acording to their performances as it stands today!
we once had kieran and he didnt make it to the first team as regular....

judging by other british teams like arsenal and liverpool and chelsea we have more british players starting as regulars than the others...carrick,rooney,neville,rio,fletcher. and players like foster, wellbeck, hewson, cleverley, gray, chester, eckersley, brandy train to become first team players....

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Despite what people say, there IS talented players in the United
reserves/Academy...

Some will break through IMO, and some will be cut BUT will move onto things at
another club. Simple thing is, theres loads of English talent, just more better
foreign talent if ya know what I mean. If a manager sees an English lad and a
foreign lad and the foreign lad is 5M cheaper, and wnats a cheaper contract, 9
times out of 10, he'll be signed.

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
spellbound said:
5 in Manchester but all baby blue.:(
6 forgot about their superb goalie :(

mufcpavlos said:
back in 90s teams didnt have the money to travel around the world and scout for players!
the players you mentioned abo arent able to play for united. at least in the first team and make an impact acording to their performances as it stands today!
we once had kieran and he didnt make it to the first team as regular....

judging by other british teams like arsenal and liverpool and chelsea we have more british players starting as regulars than the others...carrick,rooney,neville,rio,fletcher. and players like foster, wellbeck, hewson, cleverley, gray, chester, eckersley, brandy train to become first team players....
so you think that Richards Hart Ashley Young and Walcott won't be able to play atleast in our first team :confused:

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
trikam patel said:
This is a major bone of contention to me. I think there are a few contributing factors:

1. We have too many foreigners in our teams and, as a direct consequence, the national teams of Wales, England and especially Scotland are not getting the raw talent coming through.

2. Kids today are not sport orientated nor do they have proper sports sessions in schools anymore, playing fields are rare now at school, being sold off for money grabbing armchair dictators. They sit at home, on their pc's and game machines instead of being out kicking a ball around with mates, and/or playing for local teams.

3. Local teams are dwindling fast. Local leagues are closing at the rate of hundreds a year. There was a report not too long back about Burnley, once a hotbed of fabulous talent, where most of their local leagues have gone now.

4. Teams are at fault. Managers and teams do not want to grow their own anymore, its buy now, instant player. A lot of fault for this is the masses of tv money being poured into the game. Even our own United, has a fabulous youth policy, but never utilised. We just sell them off or let them go. The proof that United are wrong to do this is the fact that many go on to make a succcessful career elsewhere.

Football is dying, believe it or not. Teams will also either be full of foreigners in the next generation or out of business. Fans are dwindling in so much that the real fan is being priced out of the game. Its not a working class sport anymore.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
the lack of english talent might come down in the end to weak youth academies that the majority of the english teams in the first division have, another factor is the inability of managers to give the young homegrown talent a shot.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
migueldadon said:
the lack of english talent might come down in the end to weak youth academies that the majority of the english teams in the first division have, another factor is the inability of managers to give the young homegrown talent a shot.
Its too much money to lose if you gamble...too big risk to be shown the door!

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
hmmmm i think there are plenty talented british football players out there. but what people are complaining about is none of them the best in the world. people want ronaldos kakas messis all to be british but they forget that when you look at the english team their are def some world class talents in there. rooney, lampard, terry, ferdinand, walcott, gerrard, ashley cole and so on. they are all great players. i dont think the international team is that bad a situation i think just aint been well disciplined and lead but were seeing a change now a good manager like capello is in.

think we english just love a moan ;)

as far as united people are forgetting we have plenty of british players

rio
rooney
wesley
neville
scholes
giggs
foster

even anderson might aswell be british cause he dont play like a Brazilian

just cause we aint developed that well in recent years done exclude we aint doing well for british talent. before arsenals scouting system hit big with wenger what did they have before that. dont take granted of what wev been given, fergie knows what his doing he always does :D

wev had decades of fergies eras for brilliant teams including many british players and before fergie wev had the busby era who brought in amazing talents.....mostly british

so dont see what we as united fans have to complain about when it comes to our scouting and our squads

1 - 20 of 29 Posts