Manchester United Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
after seeying the past two games I would have to say defensive cover is also needed, you look at rio, vidic, and evra as the unconditional stars of our defence, at Right back I guess it would be brown who Im not a fan of but at least he is solid. Other than that we have as backups an aging Neville who clearly cannot handle playing fullback anymore and is too short to be slotted in at center back, John oshea who has been awful these past two games, the only bright spots might be the da silva twins and johnny evans who still lack experience though. Seeying the liverpool-chelsea game today I was reminded of how gutted I was that we didnt go for ivanovic who in my opinion would have done wonders for our squad with his versatility. I think a player like Miguel Veloso would be perfect as he fits the bill of the versatile defender that can play all across the back four.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
I'm not comparing the two players, I'm just saying that having a good workrate isn't everything. For all of tevez running around, he contributes hardly anything in attack.

Tevez is not a great player, he's a good player, nothing more nothing less and we shouldn't be spending that much money on a player when there are far better players out there who will score more goals.

To compare him to Rooney, Eto'o, Benzema, Villa, Toni and Drogba is quite funny. I actually did a little laugh. He's not even close to being as good as those players.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
He might not be a world beater like the other strikers mentioned above. But the fact is the guy is still very productive, just look at his production last season which was even better than that of rooney. The fact is when given proper playing time he is very productive.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
i'm not even gonna' bother responding to such nonsense. i have my own opinion and mine is based on facts. Tevez has helped United when United needed him. He would have scored more if he would have played more. If Berbatov deserved that incredible amount of money:blink:
than Tevez would deserve double.
you make an interesting point and I would like to ask, why does berbatov deserve the 30 plus million and tevez doesnt?

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Berbatov doesn't but that's a mistake we've already made,
we can't go back in time. I, for one, was against Berbatov
right from the start, especially for that fee.

Also, Berbatov is a unique player and, when he plays well,
probably fits into our plans a lot more than the much more
easily replaceable Tevez.
Im not one of those people that is going to hit out at berbatov because he doesn't have a great work rate simply because I understand thats how he is more effective, my problem is that it seems that with berbatov we have changed the way we play compared to last season were you saw a lot of crisp passing between tevez and rooney around the box maybe not scoring a lot of goals themselves but creating a variety of goal-scoring opportunities for others.

·
The Mexican Boy George
7,601 Posts
Fergie trusts Berbatov more because he's a far superior player. He watches them in training everyday so i think he's better placed to pick the team than you. Your post is flawed anyway because Tevez has had plenty of chances to play. He's actually played more games than Rooney and Berbatov, it doesn't matter which games they are, he has to take his chances. Have you not watched him recently? He runs in circles, doesn't pass, gets dispossessed regularly, but because he runs around like a gerbil on speed you think that makes him a great player. berbatov plays the important games ahead of Tevez for a reason, it's because Fergie sees what they can all do in training and Tevez is by far the worst striker out of the 3.
But my problem is that clearly berbatov has not delivered in important games, and I would rather have tevez running around like crazy going after balls etc, than have berbatov do nothing and be a complete ghost in important games.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.