Manchester United Talk banner
101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Banned
27,712 Posts
this is the way Fergie considers the team should play and offers good results. it's not up to the players.
good results have you been watching the match's lately? we've been playing ***** all season!nobody can deny that! but as you say result's is what matters but we've been getting lucky this season IMO! and i don't think Fergie is telling both his strikers to drop deep and leave nobody up top!that just doesn't make any sense

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
good results have you been watching the match's lately? we've been playing ***** all season!nobody can deny that! but as you say result's is what matters but we've been getting lucky this season IMO! and i don't think Fergie is telling both his strikers to drop deep and leave nobody up top!that just doesn't make any sense
jees. i didn't say that we had good results. i said that fergie picks the team, and decides how the players should play, so that the good results come. I didn't say they did. Well, since the liverpool game, they did. Let's hope un unbeaten run will come again and last until the finish line.

·
Registered
773 Posts
This would make us unbeatable IMO.

---------------------------------VDS--------------------------------

--Brown------------Rio-------------------Vidic--------------Evra--

---------------Hargreaves---------------Carrick-------------------
------------------------------Anderson-----------------------------

--Ronaldo--------------------------------------------------Rooney--

------------------------------Benzema?-----------------------------

The reason I think that would be our best formation is because we don't have to change that for anyone. Carrick and Hargreaves compliment eachother in loys of ways. Anderson can bomb forward without his lack of positional sense getting exposed. Rooney and Ronaldo don't have to worry about defending - they have free roles.

But we need big, fast striker for it. Right now it wouldn't work as Berbatov's lack of pace will leave him isolated while Rooney isn't not right for that position. 4-4-2 is the way to go with the current squad, but I do think if we get a top striker then it would be perfect.

The annoying thing is Saha was PERFECT for this role.

Then, we should go for Jose in the future....He know well in 4-3-3 formation...

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think the midfield enforcer is the BIG thing we're missing at the moment
we have the creativity, but we don't have midfielders with proper drive and grit, bar Fletch, who sometimes has, but then sometimes hasn't
When Hargo get's back we should be okay though, as long as his knees get sorted, otherwise that should be the priority
Elsewhere, we're at least acceptable now, Left wing could do with a consistant performer, but we can't just block Tosic yet, unless one is going for cheap (such as Silva MIGHT be)

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I think due to our injuries, we do lack an energetic midfielder at the moment, some one who can be considered as an all teamer meaning both supporting the defense and attack, giving and receiving balls. I consider Anderson, Hargreaves and Carrick as strong candidates for these, but they are all out injured. Ronaldo is close to that, but he has been keeping his position as a winger more lately.
We would be a much improved side if at least one of those 3 get back with the side.

·
TROLOLOLOL
4,076 Posts
We dont need to improve at all,up until the dippers game we were all wanking over how sexy we were,grinding results,defensive masters,running away with competitions.Now the brown stuff has splattered the fan,the prawn butty brigade are crying because theyve forgotten how to properly support a side and cannot take the defeats.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I think due to our injuries, we do lack an energetic midfielder at the moment, some one who can be considered as an all teamer meaning both supporting the defense and attack, giving and receiving balls. I consider Anderson, Hargreaves and Carrick as strong candidates for these, but they are all out injured. Ronaldo is close to that, but he has been keeping his position as a winger more lately.
We would be a much improved side if at least one of those 3 get back with the side.
I wouldn't say Carrick is energetic enough to be one of these really, he is obviously a great player, I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the side, he obviously should, but with Hargo/Ando alongside him
He doesn't put himself about enough, like Anderson (no pun intended :rolleyes:;)) and Hargo, he is the creative midfielder, spraying balls across the pitch while someone else does the running. Scholes used to be able to do this a bit, even up until last season, but his legs are starting to go now, which is why I think their partnership has faltered

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
I wouldn't say Carrick is energetic enough to be one of these really, he is obviously a great player, I'm not saying he shouldn't be in the side, he obviously should, but with Hargo/Ando alongside him
He doesn't put himself about enough, like Anderson (no pun intended :rolleyes:;)) and Hargo, he is the creative midfielder, spraying balls across the pitch while someone else does the running. Scholes used to be able to do this a bit, even up until last season, but his legs are starting to go now, which is why I think their partnership has faltered
He is not as energetic, no, but he does support the defense very well and lately has improved upfront too. I find his low shooting very very good, so yes you`re right, he`s not that energetic but he`s not afraid to go upfront. His awareness of the ball is very very good too, great passing and he ticks the box of receiving and giving balls brilliantly. So being energetic or not, he`s still doing the job i was asking from these type of players.

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't say Carrick is an energetic midfielder either..!
And Anderson is an energetic midfielder, constantly running and closing down the opposition..

But Hargreaves isn't more creative than Carrick.. Yes he is a creative player, but Carrick is the player that sprays the ball across the pitch while the other midfielder does the running..
Hargreaves is more of a box-to-box midfielder who has an engine to keep going in the CM position for the 90 mins.. He is the player that we have missed greatly in the big games this season..!

·
Registered
76 Posts
He is not as energetic, no, but he does support the defense very well and lately has improved upfront too. I find his low shooting very very good, so yes you`re right, he`s not that energetic but he`s not afraid to go upfront. His awareness of the ball is very very good too, great passing and he ticks the box of receiving and giving balls brilliantly. So being energetic or not, he`s still doing the job i was asking from these type of players.
ahh right, fair enough, I thought you meant players that really dug in, which he's not
I think we need someone who will though, I don't think Ando has really decided what type of midfielder he is yet, and Hargo will hopefully tick this box, but if he's injured again, we should start shopping around

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't say Carrick is an energetic midfielder either..!
And Anderson is an energetic midfielder, constantly running and closing down the opposition..

But Hargreaves isn't more creative than Carrick.. Yes he is a creative player, but Carrick is the player that sprays the ball across the pitch while the other midfielder does the running..
Hargreaves is more of a box-to-box midfielder who has an engine to keep going in the CM position for the 90 mins.. He is the player that we have missed greatly in the big games this season..!
sorry that's what I meant, I meant to say Carrick doesn't put himself about enough, like Anderson/Hargo, CARRICK is the creative midfielder, spraying balls across the pitch while someone else does the running.

so I agree with all you say ;)

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
sorry that's what I meant, I meant to say Carrick doesn't put himself about enough, like Anderson/Hargo, CARRICK is the creative midfielder, spraying balls across the pitch while someone else does the running.

so I agree with all you say ;)
No bother mate..! I kinda read your post wrong, sorry.. Welcome to the Forum asswell:thumbsup:

·
United's masseuse
6,296 Posts
ahh right, fair enough, I thought you meant players that really dug in, which he's not
I think we need someone who will though, I don't think Ando has really decided what type of midfielder he is yet, and Hargo will hopefully tick this box, but if he's injured again, we should start shopping around
I think Anderson has not been given enough chance to prove his style, he was settled until last year but this season was a shaky one for him. I`d say he is an all rounder, just like i described before, but he needs to work more on his shooting. He`s brilliant in defensive midfield, very minded when it comes to that. He`s very impressive, one to keep a constant eye on his return and improvements.
Hargreaves fitness is a question, its unpredictable. Would be a pity if this interferes with his career - Saying that i`m very positive he`ll make it and have a good return as Scholes had after his eye injury 3 years or so ago. His composed performances are his best asset, he`s the best midfielder to turn to when under pressure.

101 - 117 of 117 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.