Manchester United Talk banner
21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
At a customer lunch in a pub in Toronto, luckily he was a fringe football fan and wanted to see the game...otherwise I would have had to ditch him.

I don't think I scored many points though, I was really tense til Bayern scored, then really pissed off until the last three minutes, woooooooooohooooooooooo...

then I got hammered...I don't remember when he left the pub! lol

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
stretty said:
I was one of the fortunate one to be there , it was the greatest day of my life and i thought it would be all down hill after that night , but united hust keep moving on .
I had booked my flight straight after he semi but had no ticket , i managed to get one 2 minutes before the start from a tout for £100 , the ton i have ever spent.
My lucky brother got in free and jibbed in.
It is my most treasured photo in the nou camp just after we won
please god post some pictures up!!!.....any1 who was there i wanna see ur pictures of that night!!!...

i was watching it on tv with me ma n pa:) (one of the greatest nights of my life i wasn't even there:rolleyes: )

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had a load of mates round to my house which is something i rarely do when United on the box.Missed the second goal as i was still going mental at the time.
The scenes in Manc the day after are scenes i will never forget

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I was living in NEW ORLEANS at that time and remember seeing espn or something like that and saw that UNITED had done it , I was blown away and think I took myself out for a awesome meal? Short term memory is second to go after hair! lol

·
He wipes front to back
27,654 Posts
Local sports bar with 16 screens making up the full picture . With my cousin russ after trawling many bars to find this one .

We were shouting at screen like loonies . I did a lap of honour including cartwheel at equaliser . And high fived whole place at winner .

Proceeded to get ratted and spent taxi fare so walked five miles home . As i rounded the **** hotel corner a car with about 4 lads pulled up by me . Now i was in utd shirt with scarfs singing head off far to happy to defend myself and this lad in car shouts well done it was best comeback ever oh and by the way we are all liverpool fans .

They beeped and carried on their way . i got home cracked open a bottle of red and watched it all over again on video .

I had toyed with the offer in the telegraph of a ticket hotel and flight for 799 quid but just could not justify spending that when we were holidaying at pontins in may due to lack of funds . if i had my time again i would have paid the 800 quid no question .

With five minutes to go i was saying how glad i was i hadnt spent all that money and risked wrath of the wife . All this said if we get to moscow i would not be able to justify the cost either as it would set you back more than a fortnight family holiday somewhere nice .

when i am older and greyer and looking back on life will i be wishing id said to hell with cost ? probably

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
I was only 8 but I remember...i fell in love with football totally during the World Cup 1998 in France...I was living in Croatia and my god did they have a good world cup! I also went to France and was there during the Final so I caught the celebrations lol Umm I was a Man United fan already since 1997 and I was basically watching the game on TV like any other champions league night and was just praying for a goal so this so called 'treble' which have been dictating the sports headlines for a while can happen and it did!! Munich were already celebrating and Kuffor's tears I think sums up their night =P I was very very happy that night and I will never forget it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I was supposedly preparing for my Graduation examinations which were scheduled the very next morning. For the benefit of all, I am based in India which meant the exam was to start at 9:00 AM the next morning and the game was scheduled for 12:15 AM in the night.

I was hoping and praying that we would win it in normal time and not go to extra time or penalties. You see, it would have saved me atleast an hour for that. But as it turned out, my Dad imposed a strict curfew and ordered me to go the basement to study and then straight to bed once I was finished for the night. Being the creep I am, I sneaked into the living room once he was off to bed, and watched the entire game on television. Imagine my situation, one eye on the game and one on the door to see if Dad would walk in and catch me. :D

I remember sulking for the entire game after the goal by Basler in the sixth minute but never giving up the hope in true United spirit, the tension of Dad catching me, and the exam the next morning. Well to tell you the truth, not even once during the game, did I think about my exam the next morning. It just ceased to exist in my memory.

Well, for the entire game, I managed somehow to avoid getting caught. I even managed to keep quiet when Teddy scored, but all hell broke loose once Ole poked the ball in the net. I was screaming like mad, and no wonder, Dad was standing on my head in a matter of seconds. But did I care, not even a bit? I didn't care about what Dad would say or do to me. I had reached the promised land, and nothing else mattered.

I could not sleep the entire night, just revelling in the glory and pride in the team's achievement. The Treble had happened, no one gave us a chance. I think the odds were something like 80:1 at the start of the season, but it had happened.

And, to end it all, I will state the obvious. I really had a torrid time writing the exam. Even while I was writing, Ole's strike and the moment we lifted the cup was being replayed again and again in my head. But I am not complaining, am I? ;)

·
Registered
23 Posts
nkapoor777 said:
Well I was supposedly preparing for my Graduation examinations which were scheduled the very next morning. For the benefit of all, I am based in India which meant the exam was to start at 9:00 AM the next morning and the game was scheduled for 12:15 AM in the night.

I was hoping and praying that we would win it in normal time and not go to extra time or penalties. You see, it would have saved me atleast an hour for that. But as it turned out, my Dad imposed a strict curfew and ordered me to go the basement to study and then straight to bed once I was finished for the night. Being the creep I am, I sneaked into the living room once he was off to bed, and watched the entire game on television. Imagine my situation, one eye on the game and one on the door to see if Dad would walk in and catch me. :D

I remember sulking for the entire game after the goal by Basler in the sixth minute but never giving up the hope in true United spirit, the tension of Dad catching me, and the exam the next morning. Well to tell you the truth, not even once during the game, did I think about my exam the next morning. It just ceased to exist in my memory.

Well, for the entire game, I managed somehow to avoid getting caught. I even managed to keep quiet when Teddy scored, but all hell broke loose once Ole poked the ball in the net. I was screaming like mad, and no wonder, Dad was standing on my head in a matter of seconds. But did I care, not even a bit? I didn't care about what Dad would say or do to me. I had reached the promised land, and nothing else mattered.

I could not sleep the entire night, just revelling in the glory and pride in the team's achievement. The Treble had happened, no one gave us a chance. I think the odds were something like 80:1 at the start of the season, but it had happened.

And, to end it all, I will state the obvious. I really had a torrid time writing the exam. Even while I was writing, Ole's strike and the moment we lifted the cup was being replayed again and again in my head. But I am not complaining, am I? ;)
What a story !

·
Registered
169 Posts
yeh what a night.at my ex girlfriends with some stella.thought it was over when they scored but then prayed at half time....just one beckham free kick,yorke or cole....anything to get us back into the game.i admit as the clock turned 89 minutes i was crying into my beer,gutted,inconsolable..........then it happened.......corner,sheringham equaliser,another corner,solskjaer wins it.all happened in a flash.unbelievable.finished the night off drinking treble whiskys even though i didnt like it but what the hell......rang in sick day after obviously.great night and then watched the parade in manchester day after,even more beer.police drag me from halfway up a traffic light near the M.E.N. so i could get a better view didnt care.........whole thing UNFORGETTABLE!!!!!

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
i was down the pub with some mates and what made it extra special was the landlord was a massive leeds fan and he had just came over and patted us on our shoulders with a massive smile on his face, then about 4 minutes later we were up on his tables dancing and he never spoke for the rest of the night ,he was totally shellshocked.
sadly the good mate and utd diehard who i was with on that great occasion has recently passed away at the age of 39 ,so i shall treasure the memory even more and you guys won,t believe what he was waiving at the landlord but the ladies coped an eyefull with no complaints , sadly he never witnessed this seasons triumphs but im sure he's tuned in somewhere.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts