Manchester United Talk banner

where will the challenge come from?

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  david fox 
#1 ·
with the massive speending spree in the premiership which team will pose the biggest challenge for manutd to retain the cup?

#2 ·
liverpool i think will prove to be pain in the schincter this year :D , some good signings to add to a good team... and they've binned the useless troublemaker bellamy, chelsea are their own worst enemy and will self destruct again and leave Jose even more Grey haired

Can't stand them and wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire personally but

...............Torres---Kuyt...................

Babel--Gerrard ---Alonso-- Benayoun
................Mascherano...................

Riise----Hyypia--Carragher----Finnan

.....................Reina........................

Isn't a bad team at all, and they've not got a bad bench either!

Not ignorant enough to say we'll have a 30point gap between us and the scous bas**ards but we can take them :D

#5 ·
mruk said:
liverpool i think will prove to be pain in the schincter this year :D , some good signings to add to a good team... and they've binned the useless troublemaker bellamy, chelsea are their own worst enemy and will self destruct again and leave Jose even more Grey haired

Not ignorant enough to say we'll have a 30point gap between us and the scous bas**ards but we can take them :D
They would easily win the EPL with that team. If they can get away with that 4-5-2 formation that is.:confused:
Id be more worried about Chelsea to be honest. People are writing them off for some reason which is very dangerous. They have improved their squad and are still one of the best teams in Europe. On the plus side I believe we can steal a march on them when they lose players in January for over a month (African Cup of Nations). No Drogba, Essien etc. around is always a bonus.

#6 ·
Jazz 16 said:
They would easily win the EPL with that team. If they can get away with that 4-5-2 formation that is.:confused:
Id be more worried about Chelsea to be honest. People are writing them off for some reason which is very dangerous. They have improved their squad and are still one of the best teams in Europe. On the plus side I believe we can steal a march on them when they lose players in January for over a month (African Cup of Nations). No Drogba, Essien etc. around is always a bonus.
:D lol, my bad!

not a problem though ..drop finnan who is a waste of a position anyway ;) wouldn't make a difference!

#9 ·
Hmmm... firstly what a weird Liverpool team you have given - 4-5-2 - awesome formation :) Hope we are allowed to use that formation!! Cheating scouse bastards will no doubt find a way of using it and getting away with it :)

I have to say - I do think the challenge will come from Liverpool, when you consider their team - probably:

Reina

Finnan
Carragher
Agger
Riise

Gerrard
Alonso
Mascherano
Babel

Torres
Kuyt

Chelsea won't be far off too ...

#17 ·
Well almost every team in the premiership is generally getting stronger so expect a really tight race.

Chelsea are our main rivals, and I find it really dangerous that people are already writing them off. They are still one of the best teams in the world in my opinion and they wont screw around this time, they will be more determined than ever.

Liverpool-you've got to be kidding. Why is it every year people say that Liverpool are going to be the biggest challengers but come May they are far off the pace. The simple fact of the matter is Liverpool lack the class, the players and the consistency to win the league.

#18 ·
mruk said:

since when did teams feild thatnumber of players? 12

#20 ·
Hey do any of you think Arsenal might be in with a shout next season. I mean they have sold their talismanic striker, just like a certain team last season lol and look what happened. Frankly I think they have more of a chance than Liverpool lets not forget that they do have an impressive midfield in terms of personnel, quality and variation. Surely their younger players might have gained some valuable experience from the past couple of seasons also like a team that won it last season lol. What do you guys think.

#21 ·
LMAO no chance!
http://home.skysports.com/squadlist.aspx?clid=3&cpid=8
I can't see from this squad they could offer any more than 4th place
Van persie is a class act on his day but he's not consistant enough, fabregas is a great player but he can't do the job of 7players
Baptista has gone back to spain
The rest of the midfield isn't that great
Can see them being beaten into 5th or 6th... I will laugh !! :D

henry did a lot more for them than score goals, ruud didn't for us

i would like to see more of theo walcott this season, see what he's got for englands sake

#22 ·
Everyone is all banging their drum trying to deny that Liverpool will be our main challengers - I can accept that Chelsea will equally be our main challengers, but why are we always in denial and so bitter about Liverpool? Folks - try looking at things with a bit of honesty instead of always being constantly biased - it lacks class quite frankly!

#23 ·
manure2007 said:
Everyone is all banging their drum trying to deny that Liverpool will be our main challengers - I can accept that Chelsea will equally be our main challengers, but why are we always in denial and so bitter about Liverpool? Folks - try looking at things with a bit of honesty instead of always being constantly biased - it lacks class quite frankly!

It is evident by your name your a Liverpool fan so why pretend to be a proper red ? All you do is bang on about Liverpool. yes they should be challengers next season no doubt as will Chelsea and Arsenal (dont think anyone should count out Arsenal). I think the start is the most crucial, we had a great start to our season last season...this was key.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.