Manchester United Talk banner

Which club would you buy if you were a billionaire?

2K views 41 replies 21 participants last post by  red dave 
#1 ·
Which club would you buy if you were a billionaire? It doesn't have to be an EPL club, but every club in the world there is.

#4 ·
martinutd said:
Which club would you buy if you were a billionaire? It doesn't have to be an EPL club, but every club in the world there is.
limerick37 my local club and im a current season ticket holder :D the highest paid player at the club is on less than 100 pound per week and the highest paid player in the premier division(were in the 1st) is a 1000 per week witch is the total amount our squad gets per week

so i would buy them and buy world class players like de jong and bellemy and turn us into a massive club :D ;) :p

#10 ·
RoxiiUtd said:
Would love to sign Sporting Lisbon too, a talented club and i would not let them sell their talented kidz, we would be a threat to all European clubs ;)

I like Sporting but Ive always had a soft spot for Benfica mainly because we beat them in 68 to be honest Im going to change mine to Benfica .

Thanks for reminding me Roxi;)

#14 ·
United, FCUM, , Cisco Roma Lodigiani, Lazio, Foggia, Miami F.C.

If I bought Man Utd the first thing I would definitely not run it like
a business. I would immediately pay off all debts, then I would
offer 10% wage cuts to almost the whole team, I would then
lower ticket prices, try and find a way to not have a sponsor like
AIG or what not, I would then lower prices for foreign tours, I was
disgusted when I found out that in South Africa, where we
have a huge following, the price of a ticket was equal to the
average weekly wage.

I would also find a way to release official yet lower quality versions
of our merchandise, I think it would be a good idea for us to release
official tracksuits or so of a cheaper material in poorer countries
for less as in Nigeria the cost of a tracksuit is the same as in England
but it takes people months to save up for them.

I would then stop buying players for more than £10mil. and the next time
someone (like Rio a few years ago) says "I won't sign unless I get a wage
rise" I'd show them the door, it may make me unpopular with SOME
fans (let's not go into that now :rolleyes:) but it would make me popular
with the fans I care about.

#17 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
And that's important half-way through the season because....? :cool:
No, don`t change words ., i mentioned the fact that they are top of the table just because you said that its becoming common that teams beat them :p

But honestly, i like Sporting Lisbon :) They are my favorite Portuguese team, it`s where we got both gems, Ron nd Nani =)

#18 ·
RoxiiUtd said:
No, don`t twist words ., i mentioned the fact that they are top of the table just because you said that its becoming common that teams beat them :p

But honestly, i like Sporting Lisbon :) They are my favorite Portuguese team, it`s where we got both gems, Ron nd Nani =)
And it is.

This season, they're out of our national cup after 2 goaless draws, and penalty shootouts. They won the 1st, lost the 2nd (we don't have replays on our cup matches). They lost 3 of their 4 games in the UEFA groups stage, and this season, they've lost to the bottom club 2-0, they're playing a bit better now, but they still play bad. Last season, they ended up in 4th. they're a big club, i'll admit it, but they've lost a lot of their mistique and identity in the last years. They've switched coaches and most of their players every year for about 5 years now. where they get the money for it is beyond me, and scuttlebutt says it's because of money laundering for construction companies, but this is getting waay to off-topic.

#19 ·
Sporting4Ever said:
And it is.

This season, they're out of our national cup after 2 goaless draws, and penalty shootouts. They won the 1st, lost the 2nd (we don't have replays on our cup matches). They lost 3 of their 4 games in the UEFA groups stage, and this season, they've lost to the bottom club 2-0, they're playing a bit better now, but they still play bad. Last season, they ended up in 4th. they're a big club, i'll admit it, but they've lost a lot of their mistique and identity in the last years. They've switched coaches and most of their players every year for about 5 years now. where they get the money for it is beyond me, and scuttlebutt says it's because of money laundering for construction companies, but this is getting waay to off-topic.
Fair play, you know more than i do concerning the Portugese League. I judged everything on the league table tho ;)

#21 ·
would buy someone small like Leyton Orient and take them to the premiership with new stadium. Like Al-Fayed did with Fulham.

Fans would kiss the ground you walked on and appreciate it much more than if you took on a Spurs/Newcastle type team where they expect too much from their managers/owners and players

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.