Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

I've been thinking. With the new players in the team like Anderson and Nani, which formation would privilege every player?

I personally think that the 4-3-2-1 formation would be pretty good. With the players, it would be like this:
Bench:

-------------------------------Van der Sar---------------------------------- *Kuszczak

----Brown----------Ferdinand--------Vidic-------------Evra------------- *Piqué

-------------Nani----------------Carrick---------------Giggs--------------- *Saha

---------------------Ronaldo---------------Tevez-------------------------- *Scholes

----------------------------------Rooney------------------------------------- *Anderson

Obviously, in the nets, Van der Sar has been doing an excellent job. In defense, I think that nothing should be changed. In 6 Premiership matches, we only conceded 2 goals. So we should leave it like it is. However, it's the remaining spots that are tricky.

I placed every player on a specific side considering the foot they use. Carrick was easy, he is a pretty good center midfielder. Since Giggs is left footed, I put him on the left wing. Even though Sir Alex Ferguson has been placing him forward, I think that Giggs has the experience to bring the ball up the wing and execute a cross. It's the same thing for Nani. However, since he is young and doesn't have much experience, he definitely has talent. He is also pretty good at crosses (proof: the corner he delivered to Saha against Sunderland). And worst comes to worst, he could always go a little more forward to help out the strickers.

For the three forward places, it didn't take much time to figure out which players I was going to place. Once again, I placed them accordingly to the foot they use. That's the reason Ronaldo is on the right and Tevez on the left. Obviously, Rooney should take the foward stricker position. So this way, the three best potential scorers are there, in front.

For the players on the bench, Kuszczak is necessary in case that Van der Sar is injured. If there is a defender that is tired and wants to be substituted, Piqué is there. And with Silvestre injured, Piqué would have the possibility to prove himself possibly worthy for being in the starting eleven. The three remaning players on the bench could substitute any midfielder or forward. Scholes is a midfielder that is able to score a goal. So the manager could substitute a midfielder like Carrick by Scholes or he could substitute an attacker Ronaldo or Tevez). Anderson is the same thing. If Sir Alex Ferguson decides to substitute an attacker with Anderson, this may give a chance to the Brazilian to prove himself capable to score goals. Finally, if the case comes that Rooney is tired or his performance is diminishing, they could substitute him with Saha. The manager could also substitute Ronaldo or Tevez with Saha.

In conclusion, what do you think about my formation? Does it make sense? Give me your opinion. If you think it isn't a good idea, create your own formation.

·
Banned
4,956 Posts
Hmmmmmm.....

4-3-2-1.........as soon as any team give you a hard time though ~ This soon becomes 4-5-1 as they try to re group to get game back for them.....

Nice what you say for sure - but risky !

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
442 all the way, its how we play are best football, who needs 451 when we can break so well in 442 anyways ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
i would go with a 442.. efficient use of our wingers, balanced midfield and a strong defence. in a way we do end up playin 451 normally with either tevez or rooney playin like attacking midfilder. my verdict would be a 442

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
speedygl911 said:
Hey everybody,

I've been thinking. With the new players in the team like Anderson and Nani, which formation would privilege every player?

I personally think that the 4-3-2-1 formation would be pretty good. With the players, it would be like this:
Bench:

-------------------------------Van der Sar---------------------------------- *Kuszczak

-------------Nani----------------Carrick---------------Giggs--------------- *Saha

---------------------Ronaldo---------------Tevez-------------------------- *Scholes

----------------------------------Rooney------------------------------------- *Anderson

Obviously, in the nets, Van der Sar has been doing an excellent job. In defense, I think that nothing should be changed. In 6 Premiership matches, we only conceded 2 goals. So we should leave it like it is. However, it's the remaining spots that are tricky.

I placed every player on a specific side considering the foot they use. Carrick was easy, he is a pretty good center midfielder. Since Giggs is left footed, I put him on the left wing. Even though Sir Alex Ferguson has been placing him forward, I think that Giggs has the experience to bring the ball up the wing and execute a cross. It's the same thing for Nani. However, since he is young and doesn't have much experience, he definitely has talent. He is also pretty good at crosses (proof: the corner he delivered to Saha against Sunderland). And worst comes to worst, he could always go a little more forward to help out the strickers.

For the three forward places, it didn't take much time to figure out which players I was going to place. Once again, I placed them accordingly to the foot they use. That's the reason Ronaldo is on the right and Tevez on the left. Obviously, Rooney should take the foward stricker position. So this way, the three best potential scorers are there, in front.

For the players on the bench, Kuszczak is necessary in case that Van der Sar is injured. If there is a defender that is tired and wants to be substituted, Piqué is there. And with Silvestre injured, Piqué would have the possibility to prove himself possibly worthy for being in the starting eleven. The three remaning players on the bench could substitute any midfielder or forward. Scholes is a midfielder that is able to score a goal. So the manager could substitute a midfielder like Carrick by Scholes or he could substitute an attacker Ronaldo or Tevez). Anderson is the same thing. If Sir Alex Ferguson decides to substitute an attacker with Anderson, this may give a chance to the Brazilian to prove himself capable to score goals. Finally, if the case comes that Rooney is tired or his performance is diminishing, they could substitute him with Saha. The manager could also substitute Ronaldo or Tevez with Saha.

In conclusion, what do you think about my formation? Does it make sense? Give me your opinion. If you think it isn't a good idea, create your own formation.
What happened to Neville at right back? He is our captain!
What - you'd put Scholes on the bench? Since when did the news break that he is NOT important!

Some seem to think Rooney is an out n out striker such as you fellow red .... I don't think Rooney is !!! How many goals did he get in the past seasons for United. 30 - 40 like Ruud. Nope I don't think so.

What about a certain other French man goes by the name of Louis Saha.
What is Ronaldo doing in a Rooney position when his best is out on the wing!??

I think you have Rooney and Saha mixed up! Saha doesn't drop back like Rooney and Tevez. Rooney is not an out n out as I have said.

S

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anderson's God,

I have to agree with you on a couple of aspects.

First of all, at the time I wrote my post, Neville was injured, which means he can't play. However, I totally agree with you that whenever he is ready to play, he should be in Brown's position.

Second of all, I never said Scholes wasn't important. He definitely is an important player, but you can't put all the important players on the field at once. You got to put good players on the bench. And Scholes, being a good player, could have a great impact later in a match.

Third of all, Rooney has been the player that Sir Alex Ferguson has been positioning as forward striker. In my post I did say that Saha could substitute Rooney, so this means that Saha could start in front and Rooney comes in play later in a match. I do agree that Saha is better of completely upfront that in an attacking midfielder position.

Fourth of all, I placed Ronaldo as right attacking midfielder because it is statistically proven that he did the most goals last season, so logically, giving him a slightly more forward position may increase his scoring potential. And he could always go more on the wing, in front of Nani. It isn't against the law.

Fifth of all, to answer your last point about the fact that Saha shouldn't be dropped back, my 4-3-2-1 formation could easily become a 4-3-3 formation. This new formation could easily form itself during a match and it will be a little more offensive. You could end up with Saha, Rooney and Tevez up front. Those three might be able to score goals. Don't you think? Obviously, Ronaldo would need to fall back into Nani's position and actually, Nani could go upfront. As we've seen before, he could be an attacker without much trouble.

I hope I put to rest your frustrations.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Neville has got to play for the rightback spot, which leaves us brown as a substitute. Also, the middle 3 (carrick, giggs and nani) should be both defensive and attking minded. giggs + nani are not players like this.

Also, when Park comes back, he might get past Nani for the replacement of Ronaldo. Tevez and Rooney are both 2nd strikers and if we are going to cross, we must need saha as the frontman.

I think it should be set up like this:
--------VDS-----------
--Nev--Rio-Vidic--Evra
-Ronaldo--Hargreaves--Carrick/Scholes---Giggs/Park/Tevez
---Rooney---Saha

Sub
Nani
Anderson/Fletcher
Kuzack
Brown
Tevez

PS i think we havwe to many midfielders...

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
vds

neville ferdinand vidic evra

ronaldo scholes hargreaves giggs

tevez rooney
This would be my choice too, with a bench consisting of
Saha, Nani, Anderson, Brown, Kuzjack (sp) :D

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I have to agree with you on a couple of aspects. (quote)

First of all, at the time I wrote my post, Neville was injured, which means he can't play. However, I totally agree with you that whenever he is ready to play, he should be in Brown's position.

Second of all, I never said Scholes wasn't important. He definitely is an important player, but you can't put all the important players on the field at once. You got to put good players on the bench. And Scholes, being a good player, could have a great impact later in a match.

Third of all, Rooney has been the player that Sir Alex Ferguson has been positioning as forward striker. In my post I did say that Saha could substitute Rooney, so this means that Saha could start in front and Rooney comes in play later in a match. I do agree that Saha is better of completely upfront that in an "attacking midfielder position.

Fourth of all, I placed Ronaldo as right attacking midfielder because it is statistically proven that he did the most goals last season, so logically, giving him a slightly more forward position may increase his scoring potential. And he could always go more on the wing, in front of Nani. It isn't against the law.

Fifth of all, to answer your last point about the fact that Saha shouldn't be dropped back, my 4-3-2-1 formation could easily become a 4-3-3 formation. This new formation could easily form itself during a match and it will be a little more offensive. You could end up with Saha, Rooney and Tevez up front.You could end up with Saha, Rooney and Tevez up front. Those three might be able to score goals. Don't you think? Obviously, Ronaldo would need to fall back into Nani's position and actually, Nani could go upfront. As we've seen before, he could be an attacker without much trouble.

I hope I put to rest your frustrations.[/QUOTE]

Give an opinion and or not agreeing with someone is not a frustration. If you hadn't realized the purpose of this forum that it is for various opinions well then you have alot to learn and fast! My aim is not to cause trouble or offence - just stating.

He definitely is an important player, but you can't put all the important players on the field at once.You could end up with Saha, Rooney and Tevez up front.

"But you can't put all the most important players on the field at once" United have 3 strikers with enough experience at this level to play regular football, they are all IMPORTANT because we only have 3. You say we can adjust the formation to have ALL 3 playing up front. Yet you say "But you can't put all the most important players on the field at once" Our 3 strikers are the most important strikers because their is only 3 - they can all go on the field there, yet you said earlier you can't put ALL your most important players on the field at once. Thats a contradiction !

"Logically" - I love this one! Cristiano Ronaldo last season did score 20+ goals but not from playing in a more attacking position last season did he? He played normal right wing and was very effective, Ronaldo is not a player who is there to score 20-30 goals a season, thats a strikers job! More attacking position yet in his normal position last season, still effective - I see no need to move him forward.
He plays his best out on the wing, when he is pushed into a more forward position he is not as effective.

Leaving Scholes out or another CM creates more work for Carrick. He has 3 jobs then,
Doing Scholes work, holding the ball up and do defensive Midfield work. He will stretched! The likes of Arsenal will rip right through!

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
What do you guys think about the alternative 4-4-2 (I don't know if it has an official name)

What I mean is having a setup like:

.................XXXX................
XXXX...XXXX...XXXX...XXXX
.......XXXX...........XXXX.......

instead of...

I like the concept of the 1st one as it provides an extra front man, without a risk of keeping our back too open for counter attack

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
PrinceZane said:
IMO if we played that we'd lose alot of the width in our game.........Id rather we just play a flat 4 along the midfield like u had in your 2nd formation.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I don't have much experience with the 1st of the 2 formations, I've just seen it done and wasn't sure how effective it was comparatively speaking

·
Registered
5,167 Posts
Red Devil said:
As its up to Fergie, your post is meaningless.
You really are a friendly guy for an admin........

To the opening poster i think your ideas are interesting but i'd never leave Scholes out of the team and i doubt Fergie would either

Just wanted to add.. Rooney isn't a lone striker, he just can't do it as well. I'd also start Saha every game once he reaches 100% fitness. He scored 12 last season and was injured for a huge chunk of it and has already got 2 this season and has barely featured. I really rate Saha.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,665 Posts
danfelixbuffy said:
vds

neville ferdinand vidic evra

ronaldo scholes hargreaves giggs

tevez rooney
That's my first choice XI and formation too.

Saha looks like he could make a real impact from the bench this season and Hargreaves has been playing better than Carrick.

With everyone fit for the opposition to glance over at our bench and see the likes of Saha, Nani, Anderson and Carrick should strike fear into their hearts! Something we have been missing for a few seasons.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
PrinceZane said:
I don't have much experience with the 1st of the 2 formations, I've just seen it done and wasn't sure how effective it was comparatively speaking
i think chelsea used to play that formation---like having a diamond midfield.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts