Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Stretford Ender
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could relive any game from our glorious past (same result but not knowing it as you relive it), which would it be and why???

Could be one you never got to see such as the Anderlecht 10-1

Could be one that has personal memories attached to it or just simply because it was an amazing game of football.

For me, it would have to be the last ever FA Cup Semi-Final Replay, Manchester United vs Arsenal at Villa Park.

To be winning, to drawing and moments later Keane OFF to then have penalty in last minute and saved. And we aint even got onto THAT goal. The greatest ever FA Cup goal imo. The game was like a rollercoaster and had us all sitting on the edge of our seats

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I should think well get a lot of Bayern Munich votes so ill just go with last seasons champs league final, purely just for the shootout drama...apparently i was crying wen terry stepped up but i stood to lose 600 pounds and was very drunk:eek:

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
A few I'd love to have been at...

'58 ...in Belgrade for the last game for the Busby Babes

'68 ...need I explain?

'79 (Was it) ...the FA Cup deafeat to Arsenal, but what a match!

'9? ...Bruces last gasp winner at the Stretty

'99 ...Juve away

'04 ...Real at home, may have lost overall, but Ronaldos hat trick and the comeback too

'08 ...Barce at home, Chelsea in Moscow

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Keano! said:
A few I'd love to have been at...

'58 ...in Belgrade for the last game for the Busby Babes

'68 ...need I explain?

'79 (Was it) ...the FA Cup deafeat to Arsenal, but what a match!

'9? ...Bruces last gasp winner at the Stretty

'99 ...Juve away

'04 ...Real at home, may have lost overall, but Ronaldos hat trick and the comeback too

'08 ...Barce at home, Chelsea in Moscow
So were you at the Bayern game? or did you just assume it spoke for itself?

·
Registered
366 Posts
United v barcalona 1984 uefa cup . 2-0 down from the first leg united went on to win 3-0 on the night . bryan robson was outstanding and frank stapelton got the winner . the crowd was the best ever . i was only 12 and me and my dad hugged and danced around our sitting room . maradonna was playing for barca and no body gave us a chanced. sadly we went out to juventus in the next round . other than that united v sheff weds 1993 brucie getting the two goals . i think that was the start of our late goal(s) run . jesus some of the memories really make the hairs on the back of your neck stand up . not forgetting barca 99 or moscow 08 .

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
PeeJay said:
The replies to this topic were fairly predictable to be fair.
That's what i said yeh, how about ummm i wish i could relive Man utd Arsenal carling cup last season lol to see nani humiliate them and absoloutely destroy them regardless of the competition. Thats a bit different.

·
Banned
12,703 Posts
Man Utd Reserves 0 - 0 Newcastle Reserves '96
Fantastic match, Jordi Cruyff missed a penalty.

...Atleast it was original.

·
Registered
364 Posts
-1999 and 2008 Champions League Finals, obviously
For obvious reasons.

-City 0-1 United (2008)
-Tottenham 3-5 United (2001?)
-United 2-3 Derby (1997)
-United 2-1 Norwich (2004)
-United 4-0 Liverpool (2003)
-United 6-1 Arsenal (Can't remember what year)

·
Registered
9,457 Posts
1960 European Cup Final. Real Madrid 7 : Eintracht Frankfurt 3. Epic Match.

Alfredo Di Stefano scores a hat trick and on any other day in any other team that would be enough to make him a god.

Not on that day though. There's only enough room for one god on a pitch & that position was already filled.

By Ferenc Puskas. Simply orgasmic performance. Four goals & he dominated the match.

Ridiculously sexual performance from a legend. Puskas & Di Stefano are the kind of men you turn gay for.

Awesome awesome match. Phew. Okay I'm done. :p

·
Registered
125 Posts
antdevil78 said:
If you could relive any game from our glorious past (same result but not knowing it as you relive it), which would it be and why???

Could be one you never got to see such as the Anderlecht 10-1

Could be one that has personal memories attached to it or just simply because it was an amazing game of football.

For me, it would have to be the last ever FA Cup Semi-Final Replay, Manchester United vs Arsenal at Villa Park.

To be winning, to drawing and moments later Keane OFF to then have penalty in last minute and saved. And we aint even got onto THAT goal. The greatest ever FA Cup goal imo. The game was like a rollercoaster and had us all sitting on the edge of our seats
i agree with you has to be that semi final easily id love to see it again

·
Banned
2,730 Posts
Id love to see all of our european cup wins 68 /99/ 08

And Id love to see the 9-0 win against Ipswich

Because Ive never laughed so much watching a game before it was amazing

1 - 20 of 61 Posts