Hargreaves has been effective
but too injury prone while Nani
has shown flashes of the brilliant
player he will no doubt become.

Am I right ... ?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
tevez by some distance in my opinion. we will not be where we are without tevez, as for anderson, although he put in some awesome performance on quite a few occasions, he will not be missed as much as tevez, mainly because we have more covers in midfield area. nani and hargreaves have done very well when called upon, but they are not an integral part of the team yet, not the vital players that would change the team yet, but they will be in coming years.

to sum up, nani and hargreaves are pleasant surprises, anderson stuns me, but tevez gets me off my seat

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
totally agreed yang. i would vote tevez. he has been popping with some important goals, like the one against lyon. plus, he has been able to form a good partnership with rooney, and his work rate has been good too.

as for anderson, its really good that being so young he has be able to adapt so fast, but like yang said, he wouldnt be missed. dont forget we still have great passers like carrick and scholes. however i do believe, he would be able to command a first team place by the 2009-2010 season.

as for nani, he do look like he has the potential. hopefully he can realise it soon. nani one the left. ronaldo on the right. the future looks great.

hargreaves. he has done the job well even though he's a little injury prone. however, you cant doubt that the quality is there!

·
Registered
488 Posts
Carly... Put up a poll on this??? My vote goes to Tevez... Basically he's the only player that has the most time on the pitch out of the four... He's consistent and crucial goals has contributed to the success that we have for this season.

Anderson, Nani and Hargreaves being rotated are being showcase lesser... Nani wasn't doing very well in the early season, only in recent matches he shown more maturity to his game.... Anderson, the housefly in the midfield that pester whoever on the ball, great job hope he get his goal soon. Hargreaves... Performing well as RB... he's crosses is far superior then Brown...

Overall SAF make good signing this season... Money well spent..

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
totally agree with your assessment ,the 4 of them has impressed in their own way ,all showing true class in certain games for their first season at the club they have all done well,we normally get a duffer among our buys this time the club made 4 good ones.

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Am I right ... ?
You've summed it up perfectly for me.

Anderson really has been a revelation. I can remember watching MUTV at the start of the season and someone (could have been Paddy Crerand) saying that he thought Anderson would be a 1st team regular by the end of the season.

I was sceptical but have certainly been proved wrong!

Tevez has to be number 1 though - some of the goals he's scored have been crucial this season and his link up play with Rooney has reminded me of Yorke and Cole at times.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
From carly:

"Am I right ... ?"

Spot on as usual, Carly!

And ONCE AGAIN, I will agree with reddwarf about Tevez being number 1. Although he hasn't had the playing time recently that Anderson has had, Tevez and his burgeoning (sp?) partnership with wazza has been great. Look forward to seeing them together for many years....

And I did buy his kit! (oops, sorry Carly)

:D :D

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
carlyluvsunited said:
Whatever way you look at it
this has been a great season
so far for United - and part of
that is due to the influence of
Sir Alex Ferguson's big summer
signings.

But which of the four players
has had the most impact at
United this season: Owen
Hargreaves, Anderson, Nani
or Carlos Tevez?

For me it is a run-off between
Anderson and Carlos Tevez -
with Tevez just shading it for
his consistency and vital goals
scored.

Hargreaves has been effective
but too injury prone while Nani
has shown flashes of the brilliant
player he will no doubt become.

Am I right ... ?
great topic for me it has to be teves followed closely by anderson . Hargreaves has been hot and cold and nani is a work in motion but is improving at a rapid rate so its all looking good as far as all of them are concerned .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts