Manchester United Talk banner

Which of the new arrivals from last summer has impressed you the most?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll attach a poll.

For me it'll have to be Carlos Tevez, he came in difficult circumstances and no pre season under his belt yet gave it his all for us, even playing alone upfront with no support as Rooney, Ronaldo and Saha were all missing for large parts of the start of our season.

Anderson and Nani's starts to life in England have also been very encouraging.

And finally Hargreaves, I think he's done really well in the big games away at Anfield and Arsenal - I think injuries have restricted him a bit. Hopefully we see him shoot a bit more when he plays as he can be a threat from distance.

But yeah, Tevez for me. 15 goals, 8 assists already, Very pleased.

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
Think we had a thread on this before so it will be nice
to see the difference in people's opinions now.

I've gone for Anderson, mainly because I know what
Tevez and Hargreaves bring to the party so they havent
surprised me as such. Nani has come alive in recent weeks
and people are getting very excited by his potential.
He has the most assists and a few cracking goals.

I have gone for Anderson because I never expected him
to make such an impact so early in his United career.
His strength, pace, awareness and passing have really
impressed me. The scary thing about him is that he is
only 19 and can only get better and better.
Great times ahead......

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
i went with anderson ahead of tevez for the simple reason i was expecting something from tevez but was blind to what anderson was capable of and what a great player he is!!!

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
I went for Anderson.

For me, we saw Tevez's ability at West Ham so we
knew the sort of stuff he was capable of doing and
he's also got a lot better too. As for Anderson, he
was an un-known quantity. Some people knew
about him, but others, like myself, hadn't heard
much about the samba boy from Brazil. He's been
awesome! Immeadiate impact and hit with the fans
which is great to see.

As for Hargreaves, he's done a quiet job and doing
it well to be fair. He's still finding his feet, and the
same could be said for Nani. He could turn out to be
a solid first team player in the future, but at the
moment, he's not first team material in my eyes. I'd
have Fletcher in the line-up before Nani. He will adapt
soon enough but I've heard hundreads of people say
it, "He's lightweight", and it's true. But he'll come
good as the season progresses.

·
Banned
11,551 Posts
i hink carlos Tevez has been the best arrival. anderson has been brillant got a class futre as does nani. I think owen hargreaves was only bought for the champions league

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Definitely Anderson..I admit im not his biggest fan when we bought him cause i am as good as sure he will take the longest time to adapt... and yes, i had my humble pie...he gave me one good one..The way he adapt, i almost forgot he is our new signing!:D

·
Smeghead Moderator
13,664 Posts
Jazz is right - we have had this thread before but it's a good time to start the discussion up again because I know my opinion has changed.

Last time I ranked them 1) Hargreaves (he had just had 3 MOTM performances); 2) Tevez; 3) Nani (had recently hit that screamer against Spurs); 4) Anderson

Now I'd say it's...
1) Tevez (15 goals already in his debut season is a terrific contribution);
2) Anderson (totally wowed by this kid, some of his recent performances have been outstanding);
3) Nani (he is leading the assists table with 12 and has really started playing well in recent weeks);
4) Hargreaves (I don't think he's played more than 3 games in a row this season, has looked off the pace at times but is still the best defensive midfield player in the squad imo).

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would go with Tevez just ahead of Anderson, cant really knock 15 goals in debut season he brings so much more than that tho, his all round game has suprised me.

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
has to be anderson followed closely by teves the reason being teves has made the big time everyone new how good he was . As for anderson well e has blown us all apart so its anderson for me . As for hargreaves he needs to sort his fitness issues out and nani has come strong in the second half of the season.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
anderson.
class season up to now.
brilliant player who will get better with each season.
awesome prospect for united.

·
Pz
2,062 Posts
anderson for the simple reason which people forget or do not know is that he is NOT playing the same position he played for porto. At porto he played more of a role of which he enjoyed against arsenal in the cup game recently when he was unbelievable but being at united and being a centre midfield player now, he has improved his defensive side of his game and his distribution which is much better than before. He was a great passer anyways but he was more of an explosive player at porto whereas at united he has energy bursts and is does both attacking and defensive work whereas at porto he was very offensive positioning wise. He looks a real talent and i must say he has got better and better and he looks strong too. I hope he stays fit and continues to do the business.

So anderson has been the one which has impressed me the most but i would like to give a special mention to tevez aswell who initially struggled but has come real good since them. Seems a very good finisher who hits the target often. Probably Rooney minus the pace and passing but with more of a potent finish and better positioning. They work great together.

Hargreaves looks like a great player already and looks very complete for his dm position BUT needs to stay fit or its only going to cause more damage to him than anyone else. He has the ability and looks a top player but if he is not going to stay fit he'll end up being a saha reliability wise...great player, never fit.

Nani looks a real prospect, doesnt seem to be the quickest but he certaintly is not slow either and is not as direct or explosive as a younger giggs or ronaldo on the wings but he is like a simao, great assists and always a danger on goal with his shooting!

This thread just reminds me of how this is the strongest squad we have had in a long time!

Gotta smile!

·
Registered
25,467 Posts
^^^^ perfect in everything you said.
I liked the way you described Tevez...
'Probably Rooney minus the pace and passing but with more of a potent finish and better positioning'
I had never thought about that butit is very true.
and yes threads like this show what a good squad we have.
hargreaves got 0 out of 30 odd votes..... how incredible is that?
A quality player like him to get no votes shows how good the other 3 have been,
and they just ad to our amazing squad.
Its interestingto note that in our poll on preffered midfield duo......
Anderson & Hargo got the nod....

·
Registered
309 Posts
for me it is a very close run thing between tevez and Anderson.i voted for the former only because he has a greater profile,has scored 15 goals and 8 assists and despite the doomsayers he has formed a dream partnership with Rooney.what i wasnt aware of when he signed for us is his terrific attitude in terms of his chasing back like a little jack russell biting at defenders heels.

andy though is quickly catching up him and I have been awestruck by his great ability to keep possession,strength at holding off opposition players and his great passing range. For a 19 year old he has the world at his feet.

I always thought since the start of the season that Nani had great potential albeit he was bit of a greenhorn but certainly in the last2-3 games he has staked a right to a starting place. Brilliant crosser of the ball and superb technique.

Hargo is the best in the world at what he does as a breaker up of opposing attacks.i have been impressed with him when fit and can visualise him as captain one day. Fingers crossed he stays injury free

·
Registered
98 Posts
I went with tevez because he is pure class.i love nani because of his pace his rocket goals and hiss skill.anderson he is strong and fast plus it is only a matter of time b4 he scores a 40 yard driver ha.and hargreaves he is a very expierienced player good pace strength and he is good at breaking down attacks

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
it has to be anderson for me......tevez was very good for us this whole season but we expected what we would get from him...hard work and strength and pace(he is not a natural finisher).....i think no one expected anderson to make such an impact in his first season in the premier league.....he has just been awesome in all the games he has played(except the coventry one of course;) )but overall he has been awesome......

i have to say this

he is our BLACK DIAMOND!!!!!!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Anderson - our midfield magician!! I love him and has impressed me the most because I didnt expect him to play that much this season because of adaptation like Kleberson. I also love Nani after those goals vs Spurs and Boro and Arsenal and his assists came at the most crucial times like that 1-0 win vs Sunderland and 1-0 win vs Roma! Tevez is doing great with awsome goals in the most critical times and Hargo has been doing quite well for his first season so all signings are excellent and no flops which is excellent!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts