Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A lot of fans would say ronaldo or rooney, but i would go for ferdinand. he has been a source of reliability and stability at the back all season long, without him, our defence just weren't as stable, the partnership of brown and vidic just werent as solid.
and i think this squad has enough attacking personals to provide the goals, but the rock in defence cannot be replaced

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
For Me the Important Players Now are Rooney and Ronaldo.
And I hope Ronaldo will not be injured in this season.

·
Banned
9,926 Posts
Obviously, we don't want any injuries. But to me the key-stones, if you like, in this order are the ones that we certinaly do'nt want injuries to.

1. Rooney
2. Ferdinand
3. Ronaldo
4. Vidic
5. Van Der Sar
6. Scholes

I'm not going any further. I'd rather not think of injuries TBH;)

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
RIO! and of course Ronaldo and Rooney! We are not a one man team but we play as a unit and that is why I love this club so much so really imo there isn't just one player who is oh so important and we cannot live without him but instead there are a few in each department..but thank god this season we got quality experienced cover in each department.

·
Registered
590 Posts
yangch0000 said:
A lot of fans would say ronaldo or rooney, but i would go for ferdinand. he has been a source of reliability and stability at the back all season long, without him, our defence just weren't as stable, the partnership of brown and vidic just werent as solid.
and i think this squad has enough attacking personals to provide the goals, but the rock in defence cannot be replaced
I think that's a great point. Last season the defense fell apart when Rio was out with his groin injury, and you just have to look back to 2003/04 season to see the impact losing him through suspension had on us then as well.

Obviously Rooney and Ronaldo are key as well. But I would add to that list Tevez, Van Der Sar and Vidic as well. The spine of our team is good at the moment and you don't want to be chaning that at this point in the season.

I think in midfield, we have strength in depth to be able to deal with the loss of anyone (not including Ronaldo).

In defense I would ideally like to keep everyone fit but if I had to chose one player to take out, it would be Brown.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Which player could not afford to be injured at the moment?
None... All of them played their part well this season, we cannot afford to lose any of them to injuries...

Goalkeeper Van Der Sar has been safekeeping all fire power from all angles, Rio and Vidic has been the rock to our defence. Brown covered Gary's duties well although not much of attacking edge he has given with his poor crossing, Evra has been great ever since he joined. The rotating midfielders has been strong so far, the bond have been strong and they have all contributed to assist and goals... Our ever hardworking strikers has been keeping the defenders busy.

And especially at this point of time I don't wish to see anyone injured... 7 more games, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
248 Posts
jd_united said:
In defense I would ideally like to keep everyone fit but if I had to chose one player to take out, it would be Brown.
I'm not too sure.. He may not be on the same level as the rest of them but whilst Neville is injured we need brown. Tbh Pique and O'shea aren't good enough to play regular first-team football.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
ferdinand,rooney(especially rooney..you know why) and ronaldo......others i dunno....we would miss them but not as much as these three....

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I say the whole squad. They are a good lot. Great bunch IMO. Everyone contributes something

We cannot afford to lose a striker or a defender.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ronaldo, vidic, and evra!!!!
1) ronaldo is the trigger of almost all our attack
2) vidic is the cover 4 ferdinand without him firdi is helpless
3) evra is another attacking option giving wingers room to displace fullbaccks

·
Registered
406 Posts
- Ferdinand : Vidic and Brown are two of the best centre backs in the league, but Rio brings calmness at the back. His quality on the ball helps us build our attacks as well instead of just hoofing the ball up the field. And with Gary out, I'd say Rio is our only leader out there so in that sense he is vital.

- Rooney : If we could rely on Saha Id probably not mention him. But we saw earlier this season that Carlitos cant play up front on his own and we struggled for goals when he plays as a lone striker. Rooney's finishing is, not so good ? Thats a nice term to use. But his presence is enough.

- Ronaldo : Lets face it, our squad isnt contributing with the goals at the moment. Without him, as things stand, we would struggle for goals a tiny bit. Some might bring up the Arsenal game and say that we can score plenty without him. I'm not saying we cant, but it would be much easier with Ronnie out there :D

I would've put Evra's name up there a month ago, but since Silvestre is back he isnt as vital as he was a month ago. At least he is a left footer and would offer us the same option as evra does going forward.

If I had to pick a player, I'd say Rio. You keep it tight at the back and you have every chance of winning. You stick any three next to Rio and he'll still make the defence look good.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
I would say Wes Brown to be honest i mean if he got a 2 monther for example what would we do?
Yeah Nev's could come back but not fully fit.
But obviously Ronaldo, Rooney (always lose without him :L) and Vidic/Ferdinand !

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
lose rooney or ronaldo and were in the smelly stuff but for me we dont look the same team when rio or vidic are missing in fact evra is the same we miss his darting runs

1 - 20 of 24 Posts