Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the past few months we have had a lot of threads about who we would like United to buy in the summer i.e Berbatov, Huntelaar and Aguerro and this is a similar thing each time the transfer window is open, but after recently watching a video on youtube on Veron it got me thinking about players who we were all sad to see leave and was wondering if these players were still at United would they get into todays team??
as mentioned above Juan Sebastian Veron was a genius with the ball his passing was amazing so saying that i was quite disappointed when he left and for Chelsea as well, im thinking that if he was still a United player today he may get a run in the team but i think he may have to settle for a place on the bench.

Who do others miss and would they get into todays squad??

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Im most upset with Jaap Stam leaving at that particular time i was like what, why? Obviously he couldnt make it today due to his age but i still think he do good here if he didnt leave.:(

Then there was BEcks, Ruud, Rossi..Forlan.. well to tell the truth..every united players leaving upset me the most..so its kind of hard to say :p

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
for me its got to be two ....djemba djemba and kleberson...world beaters of ever i've seen them.

if not them then deffo stam

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
scottsati said:
for me its got to be two ....djemba djemba and kleberson...world beaters of ever i've seen them.

if not them then deffo stam

Sorry i disagree..for me that phrase suited Richardson more... :D

·
Proto-Hipster
46,959 Posts
i have been upset with those (Becks Stam Andy Cole Ruud Keane etc..) but i was more upset with these that i feel they should have stayed

Schmeichel : such a great goalie who we suffered allot after he left, it took us 7 years to find a good goalie

Forlan : was a great young prospect we should had gave him more time

Veron : for me he wasn't a flop he was a genius i can't understand why we sold him to chelsea

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Players comes and goes...but yes there are a few of them I felt left too early.

Hughes, Stam and Rossi is the 3 names I remember at this moment.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Disappointed about the departures of Beckham and RVN.

Also, was sad to see the legend that is Mark Bosnich leave :p

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
saw a few comments about beckham leaving but i remember at the time how dissapointing his performances and attitude were becoming thanks to his celebrity lifestyle etc so i have no probs with him going...as ive said before if he'd have got his head down his football would have become more legendary like scholes,neville giggs but he chose celebrity n cash over football long time ago.

am always impressed by SAF ability to see when players, even when there at the height of their powers are no longer gonna benefit united and changes it over.to be fair the guy gets it right virtually everytime. stam etc are couple exceptions to that rule

·
Registered
601 Posts
Cantona the King and of course the best ever captain Roy Keane oh yeah and schmeical.

They just were players that showed 110% every game. Just seeing these three in the lineup, you knew that we have everything to win a match

We have the best keeper i the world, a true captain in midfield who never surrenders and the best schemer in football Eric Cantona.

·
Registered
11,207 Posts
In order

1. Roy Keane (It didn't end the way it should have for a true legend like him)
  2. Eric Cantona
  3. David Bekham
  4. Ole Gunnar Soslskjaer
  5. Ruud van Nistelrooy
  6. Giuseppe Rossi

·
Registered
310 Posts
I was devastated when Eric the King left. I was only young and he was my idol. I
thought he was gonna play for years more. And Keano as well. The way it all
ended was terrible. For a legend like Keane he should have bowed out lifting the
League Title or somehing like that but thats the way football is sometimes i
suppose.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts