Manchester United Talk banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at our three big rivals in domestic football ive been wondering which of the players of each team would make it in our eleven . So why not give us your views on each club and there players . Apart from the odvious (gerrard , torres , fabregas , cech , drogba ) which other players offer something we dont have and why ? for me i would take only 2 players them being cech and gerrard (hate him though) so who would you have and why?

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
fazman said:
Looking at our three big rivals in domestic football ive been wondering which of the players of each team would make it in our eleven . So why not give us your views on each club and there players . Apart from the odvious (gerrard , torres , fabregas , cech , drogba ) which other players offer something we dont have and why ? for me i would take only 2 players them being cech and gerrard (hate him though) so who would you have and why?
delete the v and these players are odious ;)

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Apart from the obvious..........

David Bentley (Blackburn): He has pace, he is both footed, he is a great free kick taker and has a great shot. Also he plays on the right midfield which could give the option of Ronaldo playing upfront.

Nyron Nosworthy (Sunderland): Why on earth did I say that? :D

·
Registered
248 Posts
Richards would make our team... Cech would... Fabregas & Gerrard would... Torres and Drogba might... Joe Cole might too...

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
richards wouldnt make our team he is a centre half not a full back nemanja and rio are better players

·
Registered
590 Posts
Arsenal:
Adebayor
Fabregas

Chelsea:
Terry
Drogba

Liverpool:
Gerrard
Torres

City:
Richards

Apart from these players, I don't think that many other's would add a great deal to our squad

·
Registered
322 Posts
all these threads about players you want is just so unnecessary, why not make one thread which name is " Ronaldos achivement + players connected with united + players you want " into a whole new one, then we would have a thread with a zillion posts :)

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Oh come on!! speculative threads on something that will NEVER happen. When is Fergie going to join and put in bids for all the players mentioned in these repetitive threads. Come on - lets try something original for once.

·
Registered
488 Posts
We need someone who can pluck the ball down from the air and hold it long enough for us to bring people forward... Which will bring in a different style of football which what United is playing now. We are good at set pieces and counter... Someone tall and strong with a good balance in the air should do, two contenders, Berbatov and Hunterlar.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
City:
Richards - back up to neville and so brown can get a breather too
Elano - better option then fletcher lol
Corluka - good solid defender and same as Richards

Arsenal:
Fabregas - same as elano
Gallas - world class defender..i was hoping he came to us because he can play anywhere in back 4
Sagna - good future replacement for neville

Chelsea:
Joe Cole - good cover for ronaldo when injured or suspended or needs a breather and can play either left or right like nani and park
Drogba - we need clinical finisher
Cech - perfect when vds retires
Terry - good cover if rio or vida gets injured
Essien - very good dmc

Liverpoo:
Gerrard - good team player...reminds me of young scholes when scores long range efforts
Torres - we need clinical finisher
Mascherano - same as essien

The players I listed above from domestic football will most prob never ever come but its fun seeing which ones I would pick if I could for united ;)

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
dckyfoxes said:
We need someone who can pluck the ball down from the air and hold it long enough for us to bring people forward... Which will bring in a different style of football which what United is playing now. We are good at set pieces and counter... Someone tall and strong with a good balance in the air should do, two contenders, Berbatov and Hunterlar.
Like Sparky used to do, we've got one - Wayne

1 - 20 of 48 Posts